Bad Mommy!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.e.

Reaction score
Lately, I've had to moniter the bunnies "outtime" more closely because they've been getting into the cat'slitterboxes. Not only is it the fact that the clumping litter may bedangerous, but also that Peanut thinks they're really her personal digboxes. It's just temporary, as the litterboxes are soon to be concealed(part of our winter projects).

Anyway, I've been correcting them (clapping my hands, "No!", proddingtheir butts out - no water bottles yet), and today, Rex was in the boxfor the third time. So I went over to chase him out, and as soon as Idid I saw he had peed in there :shock:

Well, I feel bad now because I discouraged him from using a litterbox,something he tends not to do too readily. I immediately went to him (inhis cage, where he had run off too) and praised him and loved all overhim. But still....:(

I wouldn't wear a "hair shirt" over thatone. He shouldn't have been in the cat's litter box to beginwith...but I do understand. Twenty/twenty hindsight isdifficult to argue with.

Buck

I agree completely with Buck by not beating yourself up over it.

Keep in mind what motivated you, the little one's good health.

Poor Tucker's the first one's name I yell out when I hear someone'smisbehaving, by habit. Lately it's either been Fauna chewing onsomething that I thought sounded like wood, but was cardboard, orCali's up to something she shouldn't be while Tucker was just mindinghis own business.

It's not fair to my little guy. Needless to say, I know how badly youfeel when you unnecessarily correct them. I understand your reactionbecause standing in cat litter is certainly can be big trouble forrabbits as you know.

I'm sure you've been long forgiven, now it's time you forgive yourself.

:)

-Carolyn

Well, I've learned the moral of the story, so tospeak ;). I've set up a seperate litterbox, next to the cats' box. Ithas newspaper in it, which I know he will use, but the cat's won't.That way, next time Rex feels the need to "go", I can just redirecthim. Whadya think?

Sounds good to me, but only Rex knows.

Keeping my fingers crossed it works!

Keep us posted.

:)

-Carolyn

Well, he and Peanut are back in the cage for now(we're making cookies, and I can't watch him ;)). The only thing thatconcerns me is the texture difference. He can be strangely picky likethat....

We'll see! I'll let you know what happens :)

reading the first couple posts you guys made....yousound like the mothers of toddlers! That is exactly how we moms ofmultiplechildren felt when they were small and you startedyelling names. You never knew whose name would come out firstandsometimes it didn't even matter because youwerejust mad! Then the scoldings began and even then itdidn't always matter who did it. You didn't always have time to beaccurate. Yell at everyone, cover all the bases and sendthemon the way! Welcome to motherhood youtwo!

Raspberry

uh.....to tell you the truth Iam a man. Iam 26.

Zero, I meantCarolyn and m.e. - they were the ones that made the comments before inthe thread....that's who I was referring too. No insult on your manhoodintended!

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Zero, I meant Carolyn and m.e.- they were the ones that made the comments before in thethread....that's who I was referring too. No insult on your manhoodintended!
Oh... sorry. carry no.:?

Oh Raspberry... I know how that feels to be on the recieving end of those shouts...

In fact... I am surprised when my parents get my name right at all.

It usually went Alex, Michelle, Melissa. And nowadays... I sometimes get called brutus which is the dogs name =p

It was really bad on my birthday to be called Michelle by my mum. Usually she is better at that stuff

I generally get called names in this order Brian(always in the most trouble!), Barbara, Roland, Laura. lol, why can'tthey get it right when I'm in trouble at least. ;)

When I bring the boys in, my parents always call Spice 'Mocha' and Mocha often gets called 'Spice' but not as often as Spice.

Well, if the cats are in another room and I heara *crash*, the first name out of my mouth is usually, "Miko!".She's our monkey-like tortoiseshell, and epitomizes the phrase,"Curiosity killed the cat."

So far she has climbed into the garbage compactor, ran out the doorhalf a dozen times, wedged herself under the bureau, under the bed,under the couch, knocked over every single one of my dad's restoredantique guns, she dissapears into my mom's dresser every chance shegets, and has repeatedly gotten herself locked in the pantry, and once,almost got shut in the refrigerator. The other two tend not to get inas much trouble as our Miko does.

Of course, the other day, I heard a tin fall from from on top of the fridge, and I yelled "Miko!" before I saw it was...

Stephanie! :shock:*sigh* You just can't win....

StephtheMountainGoat3.jpg

Latest posts

Back