Bad, Bad, ****BAD**** BUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!! >-(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the only thing I can say is that Shermannever seems to do anything in an inconsequential manner. Bigtime bunny, big time experiences! If it were not for theexpense entailed, it is a most humorous story, especially the attemptat a rerun!

Buck

hahaha and my friends are trying to convince methat bunnies arent smart. Ivory did that once. He got behind mycomputer desk and chewed straight through my printer wire. I actuallyhad to replace the wire. perhaps Sherman had a couple of his royalminions move the barricade for him, so he could find a more suitablethrone. But when he got back there, tons of little snakes were in histhrone. Whats a king to do? Eat the snakes :D

So BunnyMommy,

It's the day after.

Is Sherman still alive?

You have to totally rethink the barricade. He's found a weak link in itand although he knows it was a bad thing, he'll surely keep going backthere.

-Carolyn

Oh BunnyMommy, sorry to laugh, but the way you wrote it -classic :D:D.

I had the same thing happen with Perry. He flattened himself to apancake and crawled to where all the wires are - we had no TV, nocomputer, no video, no telephone. Unfortunately, my husbanddiscovered it, and said it was all MY fault. I didn't help matters byme asking straight away ' but is Perry OK?'.

We got to look on the positive side though, at least our babies weren't frazzled! Has Sherman dried out yet?

Carolyn wrote:
So BunnyMommy,

It's the day after.

Is Sherman still alive?

You have to totally rethink the barricade. He's found a weak link in itand although he knows it was a bad thing, he'll surely keep going backthere.

-Carolyn
'Morning! More details tofollow soon along with replies to other posters. Soooo sleepyright nowthough.

Will respond after I lay down awhile.:)

This story had me rolling!! Not in what he did,of course, but in how you described it. I can't wait to show myhusband...as we went through something very similar with our Chompersbefore I moved up here.

One thing I did that I found worked (my own bun was a Houdini when itcame to getting behing the TV too), was stuff an oversized pillow thatI didn't care about inbetween the wall/TV stand. He would dig at it,but couldn't get through it or over it. I'm not sure what yoursituation is with the TV stand, but it worked for us.

Now of course our other bun Abby chewed through the PS2 controllercord, which we use to watch DVDs. The one cord we didn't rabbit-proof,right?

When I would shut the door to the computer room(Princess was alway SO desperate to get in there to mark HERterritory), or when I would yell at Princess, she would act out bychewing on things that she never touched before. I yelled ather one day and she ran right over and begin tearing apart a horsebridle and chewed right through one of the reins because she was soangry!

Pam

I simply cannot believe that Sherman is in the"doghouse" for attempting to rid his warren of roots andvines :( He was probably so proud of himself andcan't understand why mommy would be so angry.

I'm thinkin' of you king Sherm! Hang in there! -- I know it's tough to train humans :p

Pam

My husband shouldbe giving "barricade" suggestions, as he is a jack of all trades andcan engineer anything. BUT he can't type to save his life!;)

A couple suggestions that are very simple for those who aren't verycarpentry oriented. With a tv stand, entertainment system,etc. that has sides on it but a gap between the back and the wall-depending on the size of your bun and the gap you gave to fill- you canuse any type of lumber. Home Depot will cut to your exactspecifications. You can use pre-stained trim that looks niceand fit in with your decor, scrap pieces of paneling or such, a pieceof plywood, etc. have it ripped only slightly wider than thewidth of your gap from wall to furniture and as tall as you carefor. Use those little L shaped brackets (they come in allsizes) to attach it to your wall and your lumber on the inside (sidetoward the center so it doesn't show, which may take some moving aroundthe furniture). My husband would even run a screw into theback side of the furniture as well (if it wasn't a valuable piece offurniture).

This might sound kind of permanent, but if you plan to keep a bunaround and already have other stuff piled up trying to keep them out ofplaces, this is an easy and very inexpensive solution. Lowes and HomeDepot have scrap pieces of odd sizes for a couple dollars and thebrackets are only a couple bucks too.

I don't know if I explained it well, but if done correctly with somecrown molding and and eye for proportion and such, it can flow rightwith the rest of your room and keep bun out for good.

oh sherminator what were you thinking my man?dearydeary

But seriously i know EXACTLY where you are coming from pam and hubby,itoo haveenough wire behind my tv to sink abattle-ship, what with myTV, DVD, video, surround sound andthree games consoles.If our lil' critters gotbehind there - boy-o-boy wabbit stew??ohhhh no, itwould be a street party with

ALL YOU CAN EATBAR-B-QUE!!!!!!

Sherman found a new toy :pit's so much fun to climb on boxes & chew through wires, don'tyou know that mommy?! hehe :p

~pam

?

* deep breath in, deep breath out * * Relax ... relate ... release*??? ?*Peace ... tranquility ...? serenity *

Okay ... it's day two, I'm calm, and all's right with the worldagain.??? ?

Going to try to answer everybody's post, so of need my answers are going to be much more brevid than they usually are.? :)

Jess, I truly don't know why he didn't get electrocuted.? Hechewed through?cables, cords, and phone lines.? My husband has allkinds of things hooked up to that TV too! --? VCR, DVD, video game, youknow ... STUFF.? Bad, bad bunny!!!? :X

Mhiszxpinay, yep!? You hit it on the head ...GUILT.?? ???

Wabbitwuv, that'sEXACTLY what he was saying.?:X He goes to great lengths to let us knowwho's boss around here.? He's really been acting out today.? I had toassert myself as the Alpha bunny and now he's pouting.

RaspberrySwirl, I know that your husband simply couldn't believe it.? :(

Buck, two words ... RABBIT STEW.? ;)

Dreamgal, tell Ivory to move over.? He's got a cellmate on theway.??
?

Carolyn, only after much meditation, prayer, andmedication am I now calm, my blood pressure has returnedto normal, and BunnyDaddy has stopped fussing.? Yeah, he didfind a weakness in the barricade.? I think that my husband must haveshifted one of the boxes in the last couple of days or so and that wasall that Sherman needed to flatten and squeeze through.? He had a realaccess "tunnel" going.? :X

Luvabun, it's good to know that I have company in all of this.? ;)

Doc Pam, yep, he was very proud ... until he got drenchedwith that waterbottle!?? ?;)

Stephanie, great suggestion about the pillow!? Thanks so much.?I may be tryingthat.??? ?

Thanks, RaspberrySwirl.? This TV is one of those big almostmovie screen types.? I'll look into seeing how we can adapt the systemyou describe into ourneeds.?? ?

Ryan, my husband has a TON of stuff hooked up to that TV (DVD,VCR, video games, etc.;? you know what I mean), and you KNOW how youmen are about your "stuff".? Sherman's lucky he still has a roof overhis head rightnow.??? ?For a minute, it looked like he was going to be spending the rest ofhis days in the backyard!??? ?

Oh, you all should have seen the "I'm your sweet baby, honeybun" routine that he was trying to pull last night after all was saidand done.? Who says that bunnies aren't smart!? :)

ya know, this reminds me of our (only) cord thatwe have for our digital camera. To hook it up to the comp. to uploadthe pics. Foo Foo chewed it so bad it's shredded in some places. NowTim (hubby) has to cut it short and re-connect the wires to fix it...now it's going to be half the length. It's already only about 2ft long.:(

Steph

BunnyMommy, I can'tbelieve you actually took the time to answer all of us! Isure hope the weekend brings calmer times to yourhousehold!

And they say that dogs aredistructive LOL!

As Ryan said before yesterday I accidently left mycoatout and when I went in the kitchen to do Caitlyn'sbottle, the arm sleeve was in her cage! She has shreddedallthe fluff on the sleeve. Iwasn'thappy . Oh and another thing she did last night - When I was taking thosepictures she decided that she was going tochew Caitlyn'sfoot - Which I or Caitlynwasn't impressed about! I have a typicaltoddler bunnow, into anything.

When we were shopping on the market yesterdayI was horrifiedto find that on the fish market they also had skinned rabbit in thefreezer. All of a sudden though I said to Ryan jokingly "It's probablySherman." LOL. That little bun sure is a character. Has he beenforgiven yet? Has he even asked for forgiveness :p? I bet he's reallyproud of himself actually and doing this behind yourback LMAO.

Vickie

PoorVickie! I tell ya', these bunnies are out of control, aren'tthey?! :)

LOL! Sherman is lucky that itwasn't him that you saw in that freezer. ;)

Today he's been appropriatelycontrite. Even though the door to his cage has been open,he's stayed in it all day, except for when he came out to let me knowthat he was ready for dinner. After he ate dinner and when Itook my break he came over to the sofa, hopped up on my tummy, and laidthere for a long time ... then he went back in his cage. Atleast he's had the decency to exhibit (even if he's pretending ...;)... ) a sense of guilt and remorse.

Of course, it helps that he's on punishment for the weekend:

1) No television privileges (go figure that).

2) No treats.

3) No pets.

4) No company.

5) No going upstairs.

6) No more unlimited freedom for a while.

This time he's going to have to doa lot of groveling to get throughthis.

Latest posts

Back