Baby changing colors very day

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessie

Reaction score
Well my little brown baby was born brown, then changed to a chestnut redish.Now it is Gray at one week old.:?Wow is this normal and I mean very gray. Also When I check on them the odd one is on the far side of the nest away from the black baby.It's fat and healthy so I put it back with it's litter mate,every time.

Tessie wrote:
Well my little brown baby was born brown, then changed to a chestnut redish.Now it is Gray at one week old.:?Wow is this normal and I mean very gray. Also When I check on them the odd one is on the far side of the nest away from the black baby.It's fat and healthy so I put it back with it's litter mate,every time.
:bumphas anyone everseen this.

T.A Bunnies wrote:
Are you sure its the same baby?
:biggrin:yes there are only two babies

They do get darker of color when they are babies... I know because the Rex that my Aunt Becky haves a Castor and he was very light when she got him and now hes getting darker every time I seen him. But he isnt the color that hes supposed too. He color didnt come in right.
But I never heard of the babies changing different colors..
Maybe somebody else haves more Info then this can help you out, Maybe Pam can!!

countrybuns wrote:
could you post a picture comparison that might be helpful
Yes I will

I have some great pic's and I have always used Photobucket but I guess they haved changed .I click on the IMG link but where do I go from there?

Or I can e-mail you the photo's and you can post them.

here are the photo's

3 days old

P3190242-1-1.jpg

then 1week old same back ground and lighting

P3250256.jpg

See I'm not crazy :biggrin:my baby is gray from a brown.

That is a good comparison and I am sure that one of the color experts will be along to answer but as far as I can see it looks like that kit is not a castor but maybe something else? I could be wrong though

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
He looks the same to me from the day 3 pic to the 1 week pic. ;) His colour is called Chestnut Agouti. ;)

Emily
Yup! In fact, I don't think he looks different at all.

I'll take more photos this weekend at two weeks old the baby is gray :)

Latest posts

Back