Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have a 4 months old Flemish giant X continental giant, I got her 1 month ago. I rescued her from a farm where they eat them. She wasn’t socialized and always on the top cage out of reach. So it was hard to bond with her. Because she was in that tiny cage for so long I realized that she doesn’t walk normally. I don’t know if it’s because her paws are growing before everything else but she trips on her own huge back feet, she hops and slips even on rugs and idk at first it was cute but now I’m just worried. Idk if it’s cuz she’s still small compared to her back paws or if she doesn’t comprehend her own strength and weight. Idk I’m worried help me

If you could post a video of her hopping, it might help determine if there is something more going on, like a medical issue. Large breed rabbits can sometimes have problems with their hips. Also, overgrown nails or sore hocks could be a potential cause for discomfort hopping, which would need to be addressed if either is an issue.

Back