BABIES

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight01

Reaction score
Hey everyone, sorry i havn't been on in a while.once again, i know this is a rabbit forum, but i think i posted onetime when i said i got a female hampster. Well I am a 15 year oldfreshman, and i got a job recently at an animal hospital. i take careof them and some times give them shots and watch operations. anywaysback to the hampsters. My hampster just had 9 babies! my first timebreeding an animal. Midnight my rabbit is doing great,but ididnt play with him over memorial day vacation since i wasout.ever since i came home, he keept knocking over his haytray out of the cage! SO ANNOYING :mad:! is itbecause he waslonely, i just played with him and he pee'd and made alloverthe carpet. i wasn't able to paly with him again cuz ofskoolw ork, but i would let him out everynight while i was doing mywork. does he need more TLC or somthing. why does he knock down his haytray and why wont he learn not to poop outside the cage, and pee. itried everything. yelling NO, but no so loud, a foot thwomp a fewtimes, even bought a tray for him to make in. Im wondering if midnightdoesnt love me as much as he used to when he was little. one morequestion. how do i get him to love me more, when i play with him whatshould i do. Thanks.

Never again will I adopt a hamster. I adoptedmine from a local pet store who told me that she just recently hadbabies. I brought her home and about 2 week after, she gained a LOT ofweight. So I wanted to take her to the vet. lol. I found one that wouldlook at her and scheduled an appointment for the next day. That nightshe had 10 babies! I was so furious! I took them to the store to besexed and boy were they wrong. They sexed a male wrong and she ended upin the same cage as the mother and there we went again. Luckily thestore decided to go ahead and take them back and adopt them out. Onehamster led to 11 and now to 2. But they are soooooo adorable as babies:D

i had hampsters when i was younger...andchandler ate joey...and chandler died shortly after...it was terriblesight to come home to... i felt so bad :( no more hampstersfor me.

Had the same thing happen... You ask for a maleand you get a pregnant female! This last time the mother ateall the babies with the exception of one who was accidentily pushed outof the cage! Then carried around the house in the mouth of thecat. I had no idea what to do with this thing and at the timethere were no vets or info out there on what to do. So beingrather AHEM... large breasted I kept the baby in my bra tokeep it warm.. and fed it carnation instant milk with an eye dropperand that little bugger survived!!!! It lived for 5 more yearsafter I adopted it out.

Susan

now you can completely understand why my husband thinks I am nuts lol

LoL, Irishmist,

I just envision a good friend of mine, who was amply breast, who usedto complain about men staring at her breasts and often speaking tothem.... Oh what, a surprise it would have been had she been nurturinga hamster baby as you did!!!:shock:

To:

Stanleysmommy: lol yea that happens alot with hampsters and mice, they give birth to plenty of babies:p

cirrustwi: he is not neutered but will be neutered soon

heth: lol that sounds annoying, dam those vet ppl getting everyone mixed up!:D

freddysmom: im so sorry to hear that, i had a similar story with myfirst two hampsters, but i was like,, 7 back then,....those were tehdays:):D:p

Cheetos mom wrote:
LoL, Irishmist,

I just envision a good friend of mine, who was amply breast, who usedto complain about men staring at her breasts and often speaking tothem.... Oh what, a surprise it would have been had she been nurturinga hamster baby as you did!!!:shock:

aww, yea , hampsters will usually eat the first litter they have, andabout keeping it in your bra to keep it warm, THATS SO LOVING, ur atrue animal lover :), good job!

well..im a guy, but i probably would have done some sort of the same, blankey or somthin haha

Cheetos mom wrote:
LoL, Irishmist,

yea im 15 and guys do that alot. sux. i like girls not only for looks,but attitude, inside not the outside, nice, all that stuff .unfortunatley i was dumped after i tried to save my girlfriends lifefrom a rapist in her neighborhood:disgust:. but now im single again*austin powers music* :groupparty:. lol anyways about the hampsters.today is the second day theyw ere born and they have teeth now! yay

I love how they look like little wet fish out of water when they are young, so cute, but I'd never do it again!! :cool:

Midnight01 wrote:
Cheetos mom wrote:
LoL, Irishmist,

yea im 15 and guys do that alot. sux. i like girls not only forlooks, but attitude, inside not the outside, nice, all that stuff .unfortunatley i was dumped after i tried to save my girlfriends lifefrom a rapist in her neighborhood:disgust:. but now im single again*austin powers music* :groupparty:. lol anyways about the hampsters.today is the second day theyw ere born and they have teeth now! yay
Just stay that way, Midnight and the ladies will be falling all overthemselves trying to date you later. We (ladies) like the'bad boys' when we are younger, but appreciate real gentlemen when wegrow up. If only you were legal...:embarrassed: :p

Good luck with your bunny andhamsters. I would give your bunny a treat and see if thatmakes him happier. I recently got a hamster and she is blindin one eye because my friend's cat attacked her and they were forced tofind a new home, so we took her in. (She is a visous little thing,lol). She's really cute though :D

It's too bad there are no guys like you in my school Midnight...darn, lol...stupid boys:p

~Caitlin~

im replaying to everyone here.

lol thanks for the girls tip

i would be happy to be all of your friends ^^

the babies r doing great. i am recording new thigns that they accuire.such as there ears becoming bigger. feces visible. walking. fur isvisivle a little bit. i also have a count down until when there beingseperated from their mother =]

im posting this for the heck of it lol.

the babise r 4 days old and the mother lets me pet them occasionally.today at work it was horrible. i had to helpput to sleep adog for being too vicious, a cat for being 16 yrs old. and a bunny.they were gonna neuter the bunny. but then they realized its privatepart was all hard as if it was frost bitten, and it was black. im notbeing inappropriate, they would have had to amputate its private part.if they didn't do this, then the rabbit would have died probably insurgeory, wasting the family 200$. so we gave the rabbit the sleepingmedicine while it was under anasteasia. horrible day =[.

Note: im only 15 =[. my feelings for every thing isstrong. im not the actual vet, but i help. if anyone ever needs help, ucan ask me.

e-mail: [email protected]

Latest posts

Back