Attack bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beckers

Reaction score
I'm amazed--my husband always complains thatFloppy doesn't like him and now I've seen proof. My hubby wassitting on the floor just now and gave Floppy a craison. Itlooked like they were getting along great--even some bunny kisses wereinvolved. As I was watching, Floppy hopped off over to hisleg and bit him before running under the coffee table.Totally unprovoked! I guess he wanted another craison:?

I don't understand it--I get non-stop bunny kisses and George gets bit(he also gets hissed at and lunged at). At least he's neverbit hard enough to break skin or draw blood, so really, they're justnips. Floppy did come to us as a stray, so I'm wondering ifthis has something to do with it. I've known dogs that wereabused by men and kept that fear even after they were adopted to a newfamily. Can rabbits be like this, or do I just have apossesive (though neutered) bunny?

I have an adopted female that doesn't care toomuch for my husband picking her up...she'll run from him and I canreach right down and get her...at first she'd hardly go near him atall, we wonder if she wasn't treated right by a man at somepoint...she's slowly coming around...but yes, I believe that like dogsthey can remember such things.....good luck.

*ouch* That nip must've heard George.

How old is Floppy and how long have you have him?

Maybe they just need to spend alot of time with one another..maybethat's it? I'm no expert so maybe that's why. Maybe when the family isall together get Floppy out and let George them both play with eachother.

Good luck & keep us posted.

- Katy

I have heard of bunnies not forgetting certaintraumatic events in their lives. It might be possible thatFloppy experienced something bad. I suppose its hard totell. Good luck I hope everything turns out okay for you guys!

-k

That happened to me, i was brushing my bun andhe seemed to really like it then i was petting him and he grunted orsomething and just bit me and ran away!

It scared me, so i went to put him back in his cage and he bit meagain! so i left him alone for a couple hours and bribed him withbunnybiscuits and he came over and i put him back in his cage,but hesnever bitten me before so idk. Since then He hasn't bitten anyone.

We don't really know how old Floppy is--our vetguesses probably around two. We've had him since Septemberand he's been neutered since the first of December.

I'm not really worried about this behavior (I think Flop could probablydo some real damage if he wanted to). I think this is more ofthe "hey, don't mess with me, get away type nips.

We've been working with him on this for awhile--only George gives him aCraison each evening. Floppy sits in his safety zone--therecliner--and George sits on the floor talking to him. I'dhoped we'd have conquered this by now.

I really think he might have been abused in the past. When wefound him, he was a healthy weight, but in sad shapeotherwise. So I think someone was still feeding him, butletting all his health problems go untreated.

HUmmmm....what about you holding Floppy whileyour hubby pets him...? Maybe Floppy can eventually trustyour hubby...? :?

Latest posts

Back