ATTACK BUNNY from Monty Python's The Holy Grail

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zouave

Reaction score
Saw a thread entitled "killer rabbit", so I thought of this. I had a rabbit named Caerbannog, a rescue, frightened and aggressive. But it was all bluff. :)

The rabbit of Caerbannog

[clop clop clop]
[whinny whinny]
GALAHAD:
They're nervous, sire.
ARTHUR:
Then we'd best leave them here and carry on on foot. Dis-mount!
TIM:
Behold the cave of Caerbannog!
ARTHUR:
Right! Keep me covered.
GALAHAD:
What with?
ARTHUR:
W-- just keep me covered.
TIM:
Too late!
[dramatic chord]
ARTHUR:
What?
TIM:
There he is!
ARTHUR:
Where?
TIM:
There!
ARTHUR:
What, behind the rabbit?
TIM:
It is the rabbit.

logo.jpg

ARTHUR:
You silly sod!
TIM:
What?
ARTHUR:
You got us all worked up!
TIM:
Well, that's no ordinary rabbit!
ARTHUR:
Ohh.
TIM:
That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!
ROBIN:
You tit! I soiled my armour I was so scared!
TIM:
Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!
GALAHAD:
Get stuffed!
TIM:
He'll do you up a treat, mate.
GALAHAD:
Oh, yeah?
ROBIN:
You mangy Scots git!
TIM:
I'm warning you!
ROBIN:
What's he do, nibble your bum?
TIM:
He's got huge, sharp-- eh-- he can leap about-- look at the bones!
ARTHUR:
Go on, Bors. Chop his head off!
BORS:
Right! Silly little bleeder. One rabbit stew comin' right up!
TIM:
Look!
[squeak]
BORS:
Aaaugh!
[dramatic chord]
[clunk]
ARTHUR:
Jesus Christ!
TIM:
I warned you!
ROBIN:
I done it again!
TIM:
I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew it all, didn't you? Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it? Well, it's always the same. I always tell them--
ARTHUR:
Oh, shut up!
TIM:
Do they listen to me?
ARTHUR:
Right!
TIM:
Oh, no...
KNIGHTS:
Charge!
[squeak squeak squeak]
KNIGHTS:
Aaaaugh!, Aaaugh!, etc.

rabbit-montypython.jpg

ARTHUR:
Run away! Run away!
KNIGHTS:
Run away! Run away!...
TIM:
Ha ha ha ha! Ha haw haw! Ha! Ha ha!
ARTHUR:
Right. How many did we lose?
LAUNCELOT:
Gawain.
GALAHAD:
Ector.
ARTHUR:
And Bors. That's five.
GALAHAD:
Three, sir.
ARTHUR:
Three. Three. And we'd better not risk another frontal assault. That rabbit's dynamite.
ROBIN:
Would it help to confuse it if we run away more?
ARTHUR:
Oh, shut up and go and change your armour.
GALAHAD:
Let us taunt it! It may become so cross that it will make a mistake.
ARTHUR:
Like what?
GALAHAD:
Well... ooh.
LAUNCELOT:
Have we got bows?
ARTHUR:
No.
LAUNCELOT:
We have the Holy Hand Grenade.
ARTHUR:
Yes, of course! The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! 'Tis one of the sacred relics Brother Maynard carries with him. Brother Maynard! Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade!
MONKS: [chanting]
Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem.
Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem. Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem.
ARTHUR:
How does it, um-- how does it work?
LAUNCELOT:
I know not, my liege.
ARTHUR:
Consult the Book of Armaments!
BROTHER MAYNARD:
Armaments, chapter two, verses nine to twenty-one.
SECOND BROTHER:
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, 'O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that, with it, Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits in Thy mercy.'
And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and large chu--
MAYNARD:
Skip a bit, Brother.
SECOND BROTHER:
And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'
MAYNARD:
Amen.
KNIGHTS:
Amen.
ARTHUR:
Right!
One!... Two!... Five!
GALAHAD:
Three, sir!
ARTHUR:
Three!
[angels sing]
[boom]

I remember the first time I saw that scene.. I couldn't stop laughing. I don't think I ever finished the whole movie despite the fact that I own it. I'm gonna have to have a movie night soon...

I've loved that movie since... well, FOREVER! My friend, Laura, and I can recite the whole movie while watching it! :p It's kind of sad... I was raised on Monty Python, Black Adder, etc., and I could never figure out why no one got my sense of humor... :p I guess the British do! :D

This Easter thing from JibJab reminds me of the Monty Python bunny!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AEPLZL_QpU]JibJab Easter[/ame]

kherrmann3 wrote:
I was raised on Monty Python, Black Adder, etc., and I could never figure out why no one got my sense of humor... :p I guess the British do! :D
Ha Ha! Me Too!

:rofl::thumbup:laugh:

Thanks for the breakdown on the lines... my hubby is named Tim and his mom is of Scottish heritage and we laugh ourselves silly every time that scene comes on...I also love the Castle Anthrax and Zoot and the taunting French soldier at the top of one of the castles... and the Book of Armaments....my hubby and I were still trying to figure out what the lady slated to be killed for witchcraft mutters when the verdict is delivered - we thought "Fair lot" but not sure...

Laughed when the crowd in that scene was asked "What floats?" and I think John Cleese said "Small stones..."
:laugh:
But the scene..."Look at the bones!":laugh:

The squeaking that nasty little bun does is priceless... I swear Grace could have had the same bloody mug after her Bunnicula move on me the other night...:rofl: Luckily, no scars on my neck. Man, I love that movie....

Denise

I guess the lady who owned the rabbit from that scene was very unhappy with the amount of "gore" that the Python group used on her rabbit. lol

To answer your question, the witch says, "It's a fair cop.", I believe.

Being in the States... a fair cop might mean what?

Denise

Everytime I see this it reminds me of a pregnant polish... Those things are vicious!

DeniseJP wrote:
Being in the States... a fair cop might mean what?

Denise
I think it's like, "You've caught me!" or, "I did it!" Like cop = cops/police? Like they caught you? I'm pretty sure that's what it means.

All this reminds me of another gentle creature depicted in a movie as being a vicious killer! "Ben"! Sequel to "Willard". And Michael Jackson sang a love song to a rat:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSqo17o2a1w[/ame]

482994799_bb54beef0b.jpg

I remember the song "Ben"... and I liked it then and hearing it now it gave me chills.

Back in the 70s there was a Jackson Five cartoon and an Osmonds cartoon... the Jackson Five one was superior and I think Ben the rat was in it as a pet. I am trying to remember if the panda twins Ping and Pong were also in it but this is going back 35-40 years for me...

But back to the killer rabbit...gotta see The Holy Grail again this evening.

Denise

DeniseJP wrote:
I remember the song "Ben"... and I liked it then and hearing it now it gave me chills.

Back in the 70s there was a Jackson Five cartoon and an Osmonds cartoon... the Jackson Five one was superior and I think Ben the rat was in it as a pet. I am trying to remember if the panda twins Ping and Pong were also in it but this is going back 35-40 years for me...

But back to the killer rabbit...gotta see The Holy Grail again this evening.

Denise
Check out these links:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/cartoon-culture/michael-jackson-rip.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jackson_5ive_(TV_series)

Thanks for the links... yeah, I remember that cartoon...Rosey the snake and the mice...

Wow, I am old... :)

Denise

I have that scene saved courtesy of YouTube. Whenever I'm feeling especially down, I like to watch it and have a good laugh.

On a silly note: Yesterday morning, I brought our one Mini Rex girl into our bed. (My hubby likes watching her play there;she's a bit of a hoot, tunneling under the covers and digging on/beneath them.) Several times, she rushed overto me and put her face right into mine. (BIG bunny head!) And twice,she put her mouth/nose on my neck. I started laughing but instictively pulled away, saying, "Eek! Eek!" (my imitation of her) and, "Run away!" (my line). If any of our crew could be a killer rabbit, it's her. ;)

Jenk

Toby pulled a "killer bunny" once.

Will and I were laying on the bed and watching a movie. Will was laying behind me, and we were both on our sides (laying across the bed).

Keep in mind, this was when Toby was a single house bun and I was "his" girl. Him and Will had territory wars going on for over a year!

Toby hopped up on the bed and I pointed at him and said, "You! What are you doing up here!" (jokingly, he's allowed on the bed). He chinned my finger and I giggled. Will took that as a "threat", so he started "mock-chinning" my side while saying, "She's mine! Oh, yeah! You don't like this, do you Toby?"

Toby launched himself clear over me, bit Will in the forehead, then hunkered down by me for some cuddles.

I laughed so hard I almost threw up. Will was fine, but he never messed with little Toby again. :p

Latest posts

Back