As much as it sounds like leftovers...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetiora

Reaction score
Ugh, I think Fergy is going through bunny puberty. He's been a real butt lately (and giving me The Butt as it were). Tonight I finally had to put him back in his cage after he went on a chewing SPREE. Among the victims is a box of photo paper (light sensitive mind you), many of my reading books and drawing books, my fleecy coat thing (draw-string on the hood), and some game cube wires...

Apparently I can't notice when he chews on things yet or he is just getting reeeeallly sneaky! He knows to stop when I clap and say no(he's been doing it up till now) but now he just blinks and keeps ongoing! The little brat! :X

Anyhow, I was wonder what you guys think of bunny-proofing wires with aluminum foil---naturally I'm speaking about ones that have not been chewed on (seeing as how my gamecube wires are chewed to the metal now!:shock: Good thing he's not fried bunny! :shock:). One of my friends had said she used that when her bunny was still around (he's over the rainbow bridge now) and he never really chewed on it because he didn't like the way it felt in his mouth. Naturally you wouldn't let the buningest any of it.

Just figured I'd ask to see if anyone had heard of or used this method before. :)

get some pvc tubing.. i've also seen this metal mesh for wire covering. I dont think i'd use foil, what if he ate some of it :shock: better to block off wires so he cant get to them at all.. if you dont want it chewed, put it away lol :)

Heard of it, not done it. We found out, too late for our dining room table pedastals, that our house buns did not like chewing through duct tape. We had tried every conceivable substance to no avail up to that point. Tin foil sounds live a good technique to me.

Let us know if it works!

Buck

I haven't tried foil, but you can use spiral wrap. It kind of looks like tightly wound phone cords. You can find it fairly cheap at Home Depot.As soon as we put that on,my bunignored the wires. I think it just made them too thick to be attractive, but if they still chew it would take them longer to do any *real*damage.

We used to have to put a strip of tin foil on each of our sofas to stop Fudge jumping up on them and leaving little presents when we were out! We'd find paw imprints on them where he had jumped up and then immediately sprung off!

mummybunny

Back