Are rabbits forgiving?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faith.Dungy

Reaction score
I feel terrible. I had to work all week and in the evenings things were even busier. So poor little Buttercup didn't get out this week. I was home all day today, didn't have to work, so I blocked off a section of the kitchen so he could get out. It's not a big area but he play. He was so excited to be out, made me feel so guilty. Then I feel guilty cause his play area isn't larger.

I read that until he is fixed and potty trained his play area shouldn't be very large. And I have to confine him to the kitchen for a play area cause he pees on the floor, he's good about pooing in his litterbox but still piddles on the floor. I'd rather have him pee on the hard floor than my carpet.

I dunno, just got the bunny-mom guilt going on.

Please don't feel too guilty! I'm sure Buttercup still loves you :)

That happens to my bunnies and me sometimes. Also, the kitchen sounds like a decent sized area to play.

-Kathy

I am sure Buttercup is already over it. He is lucky to have someone that feeds him and takes care of his needs. Some buns don't even get that. Are you planning on getting him fixed?

Amy27 wrote:
I am sure Buttercup is already over it. He is lucky to have someone that feeds him and takes care of his needs. Some buns don't even get that.
Exactly! :nod

Rabbits and Animals in general are very forgiving. If humans could show forgiveness the way animals do this world be a much better place.

Don't feel bad. Bunnies are very forgiving! Max is phenomenal at putting the guilt trip on me and my bf when we have to go out of town for the weekend without seeing him or don't play with him for even just 1 day, haha, he's a brat. When we get home, he'll give us the bunny butt and totally refuse to let us pet him or pick him up if he thinks it has been waay too long. Wait 1 hour and he's back to wanting tons of attention and snuggles and demanding pets.. LOL.

I do the same thing with my 3 month old bun, she only gets to run around in the kitchen since she still has pee accidents. I don't block anything off, but I do have to thoroughly spray and clean any places she pittles.

Another possibility is to buy a cheap little litter box to put in a corner of the kitchen for you bun to temporarily go in while playing in there to re-affirm the 'pee in the litterbox' habit

Be sure to bun proof the wood base boards in your kitchen and any other cheweable things in reach of your bunny.. he/she might be reaching their chewy age. Some people rub soap on wood, others spray with grapefruit seed extract or lemon essential oil sprayed on it regularly. :)

Latest posts

Back