Apple tree branch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfdogstwo

Reaction score
I gave my mini Rex a couple of little branch's from a apple tree . They were the size of panicles or maybe a little bigger last night and this morning they were gone. He ate both of them. How often should I give him one? I give him pellets and greens everyday. He get Timothy hay 24\7 . should I limit the apple tree branches to ones a week ? I don't want him to get over wight. Thanks

Mine love apple tree branches. THey have two large ones in the living room at the moment and they chew the bark off them all the time. Not sure if you should limit but when I have them, they have one all the time, great for their teeth. They also love the leaves.

Apple branches won't make your rabbit overweight. They just add a lot of fiber to the diet(not calories) and will help with gut motility and tooth wear. You can give it everyday, or just whenever you want as a special treat. Giving branches more often could be helpful for rabbits with digestive slowdown or burrs on their teeth.

Latest posts

Back