Any tips?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolWaterRabbitry

Reaction score
I have another first time mom that's treating her nestbox like anything but a kindling box. :p

She's due in two days (the 26th). I know she's pregnant; I've palpated and he stomach is quite large and hard like she could go at anytime. But I've put in the box twice now and have had to clean it out. She's treating it like a litterpan and a couch. lol

Plus, she's shown no signs of wanting to build a nest, even outside the box. She's a sweetheart, but I'm to the end of my rope with her dirtying the box, any tips?

When you put in her box did you put it over the spot that she normally uses as her potty corner? I always check and see which side they are using and put it on the opposite side. You would also leave that box and give her another one to nest in. When she kindles take the soiled box out.

If I worry about a doe not using her nestbox to kindle I put them in a smaller cage and put two boxes in. It gives them a much greater chance of kindling in a box instead of on the wire. You can also put lots of hay on the bottom of the cage if you have babysaver wire on the cage and the kits can't escape and fall out of the cage.

Well...it could be, but I don't think so. It's standard size and she's a Rhinelander, so 8 lbs. It looks like it fits her just right.

Its not in a corner she uses, but I'll give it a try with putting two or so boxes in. :)

lol No not yet, she doesn't even seem to act like she's pregnant. :p She hasn't started to gather hay or anything yet and she's due tomorrow. Silly girl, she has at least 6 babies that I palpated.

Latest posts

Back