Animal Planet Show

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beckers

Reaction score
Has anyone been watching Animal Planetlately? They have a show called "Barking Mad" and latelythey've had some rabbits featured. Today, there was anEnglish Lop that really didn't like women. It was hilariousto see the bunny chasing the people through the yard--he'd chase themdown and attack their legs. I know it's awful to have anattack bunny (Floppy can be pretty moody sometimes), but this was asight to see--those big ears flopping in the wind trying to get a chunkof leg (and he did!) By the end of the show, they did seem tofix his behavior issues, so it all ends well.

The other episodes have had rabbits that fight each other and escapebunnies (I have them Tivo-ed). Sometimes I wonder about themethods (the advice here on the forum might work better), but it's niceto see rabbits on TV :D.

funny story:

my baby girl Kweli, although a spazz, was quite gentle and inquisitive.but a few weeks ago, my sister-in-law, was saying how she couldn't waitfor me to move out cause she wanted the rabbits out, blah, blah, blah.and funnily enough ever since then, Kweli has been nipping at herankles, and chasing her around. now my sister-in-law is afraid ofKweli. i secretly think Kweli can sense her "meanness".

smart bunny!

Nicole.

Beckers, I didn't see the Animal Planetepisode on the attacking English Lop, but your description of thoseears flopping in the wind made me laugh -- one can imagine what wasgoing through that buns' head ! :D

I'm owned by Gimli and twoother house rabbits, Epoch and Niobe ; and Gimli just does not like theother two ! We've been trying to bond the three, and Gimli tries tobite the others. We attempt to bond them in a neutral zone,but Gimli would terrorize the daylights out of the other two if theywere all allowed to live in the same cage .

BTW, Gimli has neverbitten us and loves to have his head scratched .(gofigure)

I guess Gimli doesn'tqualify as an attack rabbit--only to other buns .:(

Kadish Tolesa :pinkpansy:

I don't think that been shown over here but isaw a clip of 'Britains worst pet' and they had a buck that chased thedogs! They said that he became much better after he was neutered. lol.I also saw a bably behaved rabbit on 'this morning' who wouldn't letanyone near his owner and if anybody sat on the sofa, as soon as he orshe got up the rabbit would wee on the spot. lol. They had a vet comeand give advice on how to train him (he also neutered him) and he wasan angel afterwards!:angel:

While its funny towatch someones Plight at beingchased and bitten by a rabbit it reallyisnt a laughing matter , Beingbitten by a Mad Rabbitis very painfull and theres nothing tolaugh about . Many of us on hte board havebeen bitten severely enoughto require stitches orhave recieved nervedamage and tendon damage , AsPamNock can attest and has manytimes Many ARBA Judges havebeen taken from a Show to the hospitalto be stitched up .
I also forgot to mentionInfections that can quickly setin from a rabbit bite ,
Sorry have said it before andwill say it again AnimalPlanet and DiscoveryChannel and any SPT showsare banned in my house . Itsnot Animal abuse somuch as the stupidity of aHuman getting injured by animalsI do not find funny .

HiGypsy , I agree with you.....we are just beginning to raiseand show Fawn Flemish giants, and I have 2 BEAUTIFULLY tempered bucksto start my herd--purchased froma very sweet and very helpfulfamily in northern WI.

About 2 monthsagowe boughtour first Flemish doe...she's about 21/2 yrs and we purchased her already bred. Boy ; could shebite ! Ouch ! We actually had to nail extra plywood around the lowerhalf of her cage so she would'nt take off my 2 yr.-old'sfingers.

After our Fawn doe gavebirth , she calmed down alot , we even removed the plywood.

No, it's not fun to getbitten , that is why my Gimli has a home to himself.......so far hejust does not like my Lionheads ; and I don't want to riskthemgetting injured by the otherwise kind Gimli!

Kadish Tolesa :)

Latest posts

Back