am i able to get another bunny/what gender is my current one?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apryl

Reaction score
hello,

so i have a dwarf hotot bunny and i tried getting her a friend a couple times but they each died and it messed with me pretty bad.

i think i might have figured out why but i’m not sure. so before, i had a black dwarf male. a year or two later, someone had found two wild newborn baby bunnies. instead of leaving them there, they took them and asked me to take care of them. i felt bad because they were more than likely going to die if i were to put them back into the wild because i have no idea where they were so i agreed. i raised them for a while, they had opened their eyes and ears and were so fluffy and they met with my buck and they got along soooooo well! they’re were actually very healthy babies but it turned out one of them had floppy bunny syndrome and could no longer walk straight. she ended up dying, and that resulted into the other dying from depression. so i was back to only my original black one. in their memory, i decided to get another one (my current one). they got along great, everything was fun when suddenly one day, my black one began snotting everywhere. he couldn’t breathe out his mouth and at times he’d flip around from lack of air. i got so worried and took him to the vet and they said he was sick and had a lot of stuff in his lungs. they said they could give antibiotics but at this stage it could be too late. still, i got them. i gave one to him, but he died shortly after in my arms. i began to wonder if it was because of the wild bunnies and they carried something, so just in case, i began to give them to my hotot. she’s fine and healthy and honestly as strong as ever. but i hate that she’s lonely so i tried getting her a buddy and it died. i thought maybe it was where i got it from and tried to get another and it died as well. it made me so upset and sad.

so now, i’m not sure what to do. i still feel she may be lonely and thinking about maybe getting another cage and putting the other one there if i got one. and id let them play together but once i put them up, they’d be separate but i don’t want to risk losing another bunny. what do you guys suggest?

AND MY NEXT QUESTION,

i refer to my hotot as a doe but im honestly not sure. they have one small wrinkly looking sack on the underneath on the right side and i thought they had a vagina unless im looking at it wrong. it’s just strange because my black buck had *huge* testicles and i could always tell they were there. it wasn’t a wrinkly piece of skin, they felt firm and were very noticeable. My hotot, if it is a testicle, is small and you have to like move through a little bit of fur to find it. and again, not firm at all and the best way to describe it is it’s got like wrinkles, like it’s deflated. not sure what it is or if they didn’t form all the way or it’s something else. sorry for this long forum i just hope you guys can help. thank you!

Latest posts

Back