Alternative Housing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little_LongEared_Lover2931

Reaction score
What is the best housing and habitat for rabbits to be. There is so much contridicting info. on the web, but the main thing people say is to keep them inside with you. Thats great unless you have six cats and three dogs constantly bothering them. so is it fine to keep them out side in a large hutch or are there other way of housing them such as a shed? I love my rabbits but and they grow bigger and we get more they are getting moved from a bedroom, to the front porch, to the basement. So I think we have landed on keep in themall in a 8x12 shed. What do you think of other alternative housings such as sheds insted of keeping the rabbits inside with you?

Sheds are a great alternative to indoor housing.. yes it is best to keep your bunnies inside, but like me you cant as you have dogs that pester them and gets them frightened, so i'm sure it's a lot better for the bunny to be outside.. and a shed is much better than a hutch. I would keep a fan up high inside the shed to keep it cool, or where the door is you could put a gate up and leave the shed door open to keep it cool in the summer :)

Many people use a shed to keep their rabbits in. Just watch the extreme weather. A nice shed can be a perfect place to keep rabbits comfortably.

K:)

Sheds and hutches are good ways of housing if you arent able to keep them inside. Lke karen said keep them out of extreme weather such as wind, rain, snow, and direct sunlight. We Put fans on our rabbits and use frozen gatorade bottles in heat over 85-90 and use good insulation for temps below 30-35

Latest posts

Back