Almost 1 yr. old bunny has become not so friendly?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCatCar

Reaction score
Hey everybody!

I have an almost one year old male Lionhead bunny! I have had him about 8 months, and the last about two months I haven't been able to spend quite as much time with him as I would like! Today, when my Dad was cleaning his cage while I was at school (We jointly take care of him, but I pay for most everything, and play with him) he bit him. He has gotten a little unfriendly, and I need to hand tame him again! How do you think I should go about this?

Read the blog I'm about to start again! My Baby Oliver 2011!

Hi Mary is Oliver Neutered? That could be one of the reasons why he is aggresive? Also maybe he is not feeling well.

Hopefully someone else can give you some insight.

Do you have pictures of Oliver.

Susan:)

He isn't neutered, yet. Because you're not supposed to neuter them until they're after a year old. I think its because I wasn't handling him very much. I just need tips on hand taming him again.

Males can be neutered as soon as their testicles drop...unless your vet has told you otherwise for some reason!

Neutering will definitely help...:)

Actually you can neuter them as soon as their bits drop around 6 months. Both of my males were neutered at 6 months.

Just sit in the room with him. Let him come up to you and pet him when he comes to you. Also many rabbits are protective about their cages. My Daisy Mae boxes me most of the time I go into her cage. can youu take Oliver out of his cage when you are cleaning it?

Good Luck.

Susan:)

Definitely needs to be neutered. That may lessen his cage aggression and also make him more pliable. You need to get him used to your presence, and, let him come to you instead of following him around. Bribery also works--try using vegetables in small amounts as a reward for good behavior. Also, keep in mind that he's not neutered and getting to the terrible teens state, so, his hormones are going into overdrive. Even our neutered ones still went through this phase.

Latest posts

Back