Alfred fractured his toe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiabia0

Reaction score
last night. I took him into the vet this morning and they wrapped it up. It's his back left foot. They said he'll probably bite it which of course he is cause he's very sassy! So I was wondering if you guys have any ideas of what I can do to get him to stop picking at it, like put something on it, etc.

I don't know for sure if this would work but someone on this forum devisd a very nice soft e-collar for a rabbit. I am not sure if it would prevent him from getting to his hind leg but will try to find the thread.

I tried bitter apple and he likes it. :(
I brought him home from the vet yesterday and he got his second bandage off so I had to go right back to the vet. He's chewing his new one a bit. My boyfriend brought home some bandage like he has on his foot so I'm going to wrap it alittle more so if
he chews through that he won't be through the bandage so soon. Hopefully his toe will heal very soon, I can barely walk out of the room without him trying to chew. :grumpy:

We put some more bandage on and he peeled it alittle so we fixed it. He hasn't picked at it too much. The vet wants me to come back friday so I'm gonna see how long we can get him to behave. They said he'll probably need the bandage for 3 weeks so 1 week left!

also try something with bitrex (aka denatonium benzoate) in it. that tastes awful.

Latest posts

Back