adopting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmeh_121

Reaction score
hello i thaught id let people know that im going to shelter today to pick up a little lion head bun..hes 3 months old neuterd but is blind on one eye...i thaught id do a good deed in adopting him..i do have LOADS of space for him i have extra cages plus im in the middle of building hunnyand ivo there nic cage...i was wondering if i could bond an unnueterd male to a neuterd male???
feel a little bit sorry for benji the poor guy he all alone lol bless
im not plannin on doing any bonding for quite a while...but hes a sweet little guy

No offense dear, but maybe you should wait until after Ivo gives birth? And then get all your rabbits spayed/neutered. Expenses like that really add up.

I have to agree...the expenses do really add up. :?

I'm excited for you...just a little worried, ya know?

I hope all goes well with Ivo's babies!! :D

iv already got him..hes already been neuterd and everything..benji and hunny are gona get done soon

incase you wana see pics heres a couple ill do a blog for him soon..

31012007.jpg

31012007001.jpg

Oh my!!! What a cutie-pah-tootie!!!! He's adorable...and VERY wise choice getting a bunny that's already spayed/neutered!! Wonderful!! :D

See? You're showing that you've learned something from your experience, and that you are, indeed, responsible. :)

he is huge tho!!:shock:hes like twice the size of hunny and shes like 6months older than him lol ill take a pic with someone holding him..he is honestly big lol..isnt it too early for a 3month to get neuterd tho...just a thaught

I'm honestly not sure.

I do know, with my kitties, that our Hobbes had to get neutered at four months because he was FULLY developed (so developed, in fact, that when he turned around and people saw his rear section, they were SHOCKED! :shock:) and he'd already started spraying. I don't know how normal that is (I thought it was incredibly early, like by two months AT LEAST), but I've heard of other male kitties that had to have it done early, as well.

With buns, though...I dunno. You can try asking in the main forum, though...I'm sure others would know. :) You can also try checking out the Spaying and Neutering section at the informational links they have about it...
http://rabbitsonline.net/view<WBR>_topic.php?id=12040&forum<WBR>_id=10

Have you thought of a name for your new boy yet? :D

lol to be honest no i havnt lol..i havnt got a clue what to call him...i just think of names to fit him coz he so huge but hes soo gorgeous...he needs a bit of a trim tho i think his hair gets in his face quite a bit but im gna let him settle in a bit 1st..i gotta say again tho hes HUGE for a 3month old lol

If you don&#39;t already know how to trim his fur, you can ask TinysMom...she&#39;s got lots of lionheads and has helped a lot of people figure stuff like that out. :)

Hmm...a name...how about Lionel? Hehe...he looks like one to me! :D

Wow he&#39;s a big fluff-ball! The lionheads look really funny to me, we don&#39;t have anything like them here :wink.

He must be huuuuge if he&#39;s already big at 3 months? Imagine how big he will be when he is all grown up! :scared:

Aww, he&#39;s gorgeous!:elephant:

I love lionheads, I know of a breeder here, hopefully I&#39;ll be getting one (or two!;)) later this year, it&#39;s still a bit unsure though, parents aren&#39;t too keen:(

He&#39;s cute. I can&#39;t believe he&#39;s as big as you say. I didn&#39;t think Lionheads got very big. Aahh, but what do I know. :D

I can&#39;t wait to see a pic of someone holding him so we can see just how big he is!!

kimmeh_121 wrote:
i was wondering if i could bond an unnueterd male to a neuterd male???
feel a little bit sorry for benji the poor guy he all alone lol bless
im not plannin on doing any bonding for quite a while...but hes a sweet little guy
An unneutered male anda neutered male will fight. Please don&#39;t put them together until everyone is fixed.

Another rabbit? Hmm.....going to make life interesting I guess.

You say he&#39;s "big"....but how big is he? Can you give us a weight?

Trim his fur Rosie? ha! Who wants to trim that fur.....?

Ok - I do have some that I have to trim because it gets in their eyes...

Lionheads are frequently more tame than other breeds (depending upon their bloodlines and the breeding environment). ...so two neutered bucks *might* get along.....they might not.

Since you now have two males and two females, I&#39;d create two bonded m/f pairs. Many of my does will try to get out of the rabbitry during playtime to go live with Tiny....and its hard &#39;cause I go to get them and he will get between me and them and nip at me if I try to take away his latest "cute thing". I say that to say - they can be bonded to other breeds and not just lionheads.

Just as a word of caution...from my own experience and being said from a heart full of love and not criticism - ok?

Please be careful about adding any more until your babies are born and have left home....

I think it is wonderful that you adopted a "special needs" rabbit and I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll give him a good home.

But babies can be overwhelming and having four rabbits can be overwhelming - particularly when you have the babies too. There can be times of stress where you may be like, &#39;Oh...if I&#39;d only waited" or "Oh...I wish I could keep a baby but I just can&#39;t keep another one" and it will be tempting to take one of the oldfer rabbits to a shelter or adopt it out.

So maybe just don&#39;t add anymore for a while - till you&#39;ve seen how much stress having additional rabbits can cause on both you - and each other.

Also - as cute as he is - don&#39;t forget to quarantine him for a minimum of 2 weeks away from other rabbits just in case he&#39;s ill. You don&#39;t want to pass anything on to your other rabbits - especially the pregnant one!

Peg

thanx tinysmom..nooooo...nooooo moooore rabbbits i promise lol:shock:i just wanted to trim a bit of his fringe coz it seems to be getting in his eyes..also his toenails were curling:Xi trimed them so there nice normal now i was a bit mad tho hes going for a chekup 2moro at the vets to see if hes atleast healthy

naturestee wrote:
No offense dear, but maybe you should wait until after Ivo gives birth? And then get all your rabbits spayed/neutered. Expenses like that really add up.

I agree!! i thought you were going to concentrate on Ivo, hunny and Benji now and try and save up to have them spayed/neutered? Now you have another bunny your spare money is going to be going on this new bun?

And you have possibly a litter of 7 or 8 on the way? have you the money to care for these babies?

Kim, i really thought you had learnt something from this accidental litter, you assured me you were going to be more careful? I&#39;m dissapointed you have adopted another bunny before you have even found new homes for the babies :(:(

Latest posts

Back