act II popcorn additive linked with lung disease

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlzilla

Reaction score
according to the news on tv tonight, it says that a man in the usa who ate several bags of act II popcorn everyday developed a rare life threatening lung disease as a result of the additive called "diacetyl" which is found in the popcorn.

man, i love that popcorn :(

here's the link if anyone wants to find out more:

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/536641/1335603

And people who work at the popcorn factories developed lung cancer from the fumes.

I don't eat several bags of popcorn a day nor work at a popcorn factory. In fact, I go months between bags of popcorn. I think I'm safe lol.

yeah i thought the several bags a day was pretty OTT toolol. i could do a bag a day, but not several. okay i lie - i could do two :p

They're taking the chemical out so it will be safe. Plus, I don't think the chemical was unsafe in small amounts but eating several bags a day... How's his heart? :shock::?If he keeps at it he won't have to worry about his lungs.

I think they will eventually find something wrong with everything we put in our mouths. So what the heck will be left for us to eat anyway.:shock2:

Buttery Orville Redenbacher and Act II microwave popcorn are my favorites.

I might have a small bag every one or two weeks. But I am guilty of giving Pebbles a kernel or two.

(AP) - Microwave popcorn fans worried about the potential for lung disease from butter flavouring fumes should know this: The sole reported case of the disease in a non-factory worker involves a man who popped the corn every day and inhaled from the bag.
"He told us he liked the smell of popcorn, so he would open and inhale from freshly popped bags," Allstetter said. And the patient said he did this for a decade.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
(AP) - Microwave popcorn fans worried about the potential for lung disease from butter flavouring fumes should know this: The sole reported case of the disease in a non-factory worker involves a man who popped the corn every day and inhaled from the bag.
"He told us he liked the smell of popcorn, so he would open and inhale from freshly popped bags," Allstetter said. And the patient said he did this for a decade.

That's awesome. Getting high on buttered popcorn. :shock:

I absolutely cannot stand the smell of popcorn. Makes me gag. I hate going to the cinema for that reason. It's getting somewhat better with time though.I had a bit from Mario's bag this year. A few years ago I would have locked myself in a room with every window open and not come out til the next morning :p

Latest posts

Back