accidental hamster litter URGENT

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windfondquist

Reaction score
I own 2 adult roborovski hamsters which I adopted from what could possibly have been a hoarding situation (11 hamsters in 1 cage). The previous owner separated them from the rest saying that one of them had been acting aggressively towards the rest. I only intended to get one of them but after checking I thought they were both males. The owner stated that they were a bonded pair of siblings.
I ended up separating them.
I don't know wether the babies are a result of inbreeding but chances are high that they are :sad14:.

I don't know what to do. I know a lot about hamster keeping but very little about hamster breeding.
I don't even know how many little ones there are (too scared to lift up the hide cuz I don't wanna scare the mother).

What should I do next? Can I uncover the nest to check their wellbeing or is it better to leave them alone? By how much should I increase the mum's food intake? How much protein should I add to their diet? What should I remove/ add to their enclosure? Should I give up scater feeding for the time of raising pups?

I own 2 adult roborovski hamsters which I adopted from what could possibly have been a hoarding situation (11 hamsters in 1 cage). The previous owner separated them from the rest saying that one of them had been acting aggressively towards the rest. I only intended to get one of them but after checking I thought they were both males. The owner stated that they were a bonded pair of siblings.
I ended up separating them.
I don't know wether the babies are a result of inbreeding but chances are high that they are :sad14:.

I don't know what to do. I know a lot about hamster keeping but very little about hamster breeding.
I don't even know how many little ones there are (too scared to lift up the hide cuz I don't wanna scare the mother).

What should I do next? Can I uncover the nest to check their wellbeing or is it better to leave them alone? By how much should I increase the mum's food intake like Can Hamster Eat Eggs? How much protein should I add to their diet? What should I remove/ add to their enclosure? Should I give up scater feeding for the time of raising pups?
Please help. thanks in advance

Back