A little worried...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mndpnd2298

Reaction score
I took my rabbit with me on my road trip toFlorida and all seemed to go well she did great in the car.On the last night there she ate all of her food and also ate the rubberdoorstop in the hotel room. It has been two days since we gotback and she is acting fine but she isnt eating very manypellets. Should I be worried or is there anything I can dofor her or might she just not be eating because she has been through alot this past week?

Is she pooping and peeing normally? The concernwould be with a blockage. If she is pooping as she normally does thenit is most likely she passed the door stopper. Is she still drinking?She needs to stay hydrated. If she starts to look uncomfortable andisn't pooping and eating then I would say a trip to the vet iswarranted.

Fergi's mom

She is still pooping and uncharacteristic of herit is all making it in the litter box.She always eats thefood as soon as I put it in her dish that is why I am worried.

I would be concerned about a blockage.Loss of appetite could certainly be an indicator. There is a postcalled Rabbit Care Cheat Sheet at the top of the board. In it are twolinks to GI Stasis and all the things you need to know andcando. I would get ahold of your vet also and discuss it them him or her.Good luck.

Tina

mndpnd2298 wrote:
I took my rabbit with me on my road trip to Florida and allseemed to go well she did great in the car. On the last nightthere she ate all of her food and also ate the rubber doorstop in thehotel room. It has been two days since we got back and she isacting fine but she isnt eating very many pellets. Should Ibe worried or is there anything I can do for her or might she just notbe eating because she has been through a lot this past week?
Loss of appetite and loss of thirst is always a concern inrabbits. If your rabbit tends to eat its food straight away and hasstopped doing so since you got back, I would keep an eye on her - avery close eye. Make sure she's eating, drinking and continues tobehave characteristically.

However, my rabbit tends to go off his food for a couple of days before moulting.

mndpnd2298 wrote:
Shes eating again I guess she was just mad at us for movingher around so much... thanks though for your help

Glad to hear it. :)

-Carolyn

I'm glad shesO.K. I was worriedabout the rubber doorstop. I could see the faces ofthe hotel staff looking for the missing doorstop. :p

Rainbows! :D

Shes seems like shes all back to normal and happyto be away from the dog she was living with down in Florida.For some reason the female dog kept trying to hump her. Thankyou all for your concern.

mndpnd2298 wrote:
On the last night there she ate all of her foodand also ate the rubber doorstop in the hotel room.

I'm glad she's ok. This sentence struck me soooo funny.:pIt'ssuch a rabbit thing to do! They can be little idiots when it comes toknowing what to eat.;)At least mine are....you should seesome of the things they try to eat before I come chasing after to pullit out of their mouths.

Rose

Latest posts

Back