a little off the subject

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c101900

Reaction score
i know this has nothing to do with rabbits butany advice wouldbe great advice. my mother has chihuahuas and they areall from the same parents . but they haave not been fixed yet and ithink they may have mated. im scared that the babies will come outdeformed and i really dont know if shes even pregnant but my questionsare how can you tell if she is pregnant, will the babies come outdeformed and anything else that may associate with either question.thisforum is the only one i trust and i dont know who else to ask so ifanyone can help it would be very greatly appreciated. thank youso much.

Who do you think mated? Two of the littermates?Or a pup to the mom/dad? If it is to the littermates the chance forabnormalities or defectsis much higher. If this is a pup youare thinking is pregnant how old is it. Most females do not go intoheat for the first time until around six months depending on the breed.I hope everything works out for you and your mom.

As for telling whether or not a dog is pregnant...you will notice thatthe nipples will start to distend and look swollen as well as the vulvaonce the pregnancy progress's...you should also be able to tell by thesize of the stomach. On such a small breed you should be able to note adifference quite easily. Dogs gestation is usually 58 days.

Fergi's mom

Latest posts

Back