a dumb question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reallycant tell you how theyre supposed to have them. Chloe had her kits the18th and I only got to see 1 actually being born. The rest of the timeshe was positioned in such a way that I couldnt see the actual birth.The one that I did see being born was feet first. Whether thats theright way or not, I'm not sure.

Lanna

on animal planet a girrage and horse had thier baby's feet first and that was normal for them

ohhh yeah, I remember that about horses!! proves me wrong! ;)

My bigquestion when the babies were born was.....do rabbits have bellybuttons?

Whaddya know? They DO!!

It's that little fur whorl in the middle of the fat belly. Isn't it just the most adorable thing????

Rose

Hi,

I saw a couple of litters being born. They Shot out so fast that Idont know how the mother keeps up with cleaning them and all. I couldnteven count them all. The one doe had 13 or 14 and the litter came sofast that I only got to clean up one. SIGHhhh;) The rest of the time itwas my mom and I frantically tossing the ones that the doe got cleanedup into the nest. From what I could tell they were being born bothways. I have had some born still born and you can tell if they movedthrough the canal head first or tail first as well so I know that bynoting how they looked. As far as head first or feetfirstbeing normal or the right way I am not sure. The onesthat were still born were all large so probably had trouble in thebirth canal and was the reason for not making it. I had onethat had trouble getting passed the last part of the way. The head wasout but it was stuck at the shoulders. I broke the birth sac and itcame out and was perfectly fine and grew up to be a good sized rabbit.Actual the whole litter did by the time it was weaned I had lost trackof wich one it was. I think that at the time I figured if I knew Iwould be worried about every little thing it did.;)

I hope that this helps. Good luck.

In rabbits, both anterior (front)and posterior (rear) presentations are normal.

Kits can get stuck in the birth canal in either position (I've removedkits stuckhead first as well as rear feet first.

Pam

thanks everyone,had one to get stuck feet first last night and could not remember

if it was feet or head first, so far this morning she hasn't had anymore i am keep a close eye on her.

thank again,

oh yea, i love this site everyone is always so freindly

kim

Back