8 year old Dutch Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loplove86

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an 8 year old Dutch rabbit named Roger. Tuesday he stopped eating/drinking/pooping so i immediately took him to the vet. The Dr thought he had most likely hair blocked up in his stomach. They put him on Lactulose, Propulsid and Critical Care. He has had fluids twice. Today is day three, i can tell he is feeling better. Hes eating a bit on his own so i dont have to force feed him. Im still giving the Lactulose and Propulsid, he is going to the bathroom but its not quite normal yet. Should i be concerned that he is not 100% better yet ? He is getting older but before this he was so active, never had any problems. Is he ever going to skip again ? He was always such a happy bunny. I hate seeing him like this.

His normal diet is 1/4 bunny basics, unlimited timothy hay, 2 cups mix vegetables mostly dark lettuce but he loves carrots and a piece of fruit before bed.

Thanks,
Kelley

aww, sorry your bunny was sick... glad to hear he's getting better! as long as he's continuing to show signs of improvement, I wouldn't worry that he's not 100% back to his old self yet :)

Hi and welcome to RO!
Taking him to the vet was a good call. I'd continue with the meds until he is eating and pooping normally. You said he is eating a bit. I might still do some critical care if he isn't eating normally.

Latest posts

Back