23 days since mating pulling fur out?! but not nesting !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcka.l

Reaction score
Hi. I hope someone can help me. It is now 23 dayssince i mated my rabbit daisy. Somehow last night she broke free fromthe cage, when i got up this morning there was fur all over the WETback garden !. Ihave cleaned her food and toilet area thismorning and put the fur on top of some sawdust and hay in a nesting box!. Have i done the right thing ?

I have tried to feel her belly and cannot tell is she definatly is pregnant.

Looking forward to your reply x!

i dont know what to tell you exactly. all i haveto say is that pregancy can be going on without you knowing. i rescuedmy rabbit and she was super skinny. 2 days latter she had 6 babies. soyou never know what those silly rabbits are up to!:)

I read somewhere that sawdust is harmful torabbits...not too sure though, and I'm certainly not an expert, but I'dlook into it if I were you.

-Carrie

We didn't know my first rabbit was pregnant either, then 6 little babies were found in a nest of fur and hay one morning!

Keep her warm and keep an eye on her... She might not like beingtouched though, so beware of the teeth! ;) I'm noexpert but if you're worried, contact a vet who should be able tohelp... or a local breeder if you have one that you could trust.

I've also heard sawdust can be harmfull but notsure where I read it. Maybe someone like Carolyn or Pamnockcanhelp with that. My bunn when she had her firstlitter started nestinga week before she had herbabies. I've also heard though that if they don't make a nestand have babies they probably won't take care of the babies when theyare born. If she has a nest box hopefully she will startusing that, not just leaving fur everywhere.

Hi. When i said sawdust i meant wood shavings that i get from the petshop. Thanks for your concern !

Latest posts

Back