1+2 = ??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cocorabbit

Reaction score
I have a mini lionhead rabbit. If she mates with a teddy bear rabbit, how big will the babies come out? Will they be big, medium or small?

cocorabbit wrote:
I have a mini lionhead rabbit. If she mates with a teddy bear rabbit, how big will the babies come out? Will they be big, medium or small?
:wave:

I don't know what a teddy bear rabbit is, but all I know is that the doe must be bigger or equal size to the buck. If you have a bigger buck with a smaller doe, there may be problems delivering due to size of kit.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

BTW, please post pics of your Teddy Bear Rabbit. Please introduce me.

I'm new to rabbits and am thrilled to learn.

K :)

http://www.mudah.my/Teddy+Bear+Rabbit+Cute-13397623.htm

there's a link for one example of a Teddy bear rabbit... I live in Malaysia, so i dunno, maybe this is what Malaysian's call this breed, but maybe elsewhere there is a proper name for it. haha... malaysian's can be funny sometimes!

thanks for the info though!

0397425844.jpg

this is the guy "teddy bear" rabbit we were thinking. . terrible picture. haha

cocorabbit wrote:
http://www.mudah.my/Teddy+Bear+Rabbit+Cute-13397623.htm

there's a link for one example of a Teddy bear rabbit... I live in Malaysia, so i dunno, maybe this is what Malaysian's call this breed, but maybe elsewhere there is a proper name for it. haha... malaysian's can be funny sometimes!

thanks for the info though!

0397425844.jpg

this is the guy "teddy bear" rabbit we were thinking. . terrible picture. haha

I don't know about proper name, but it looks like what I would consider a Lionhead. Love his coloring, and by the pic, lots of mane.

I found out that even in the Bunny World, colors in certain breeds might be the same but the name of it is different.

Example: Wild Rabbit Color which is Chestnut Agouti.

Mini Rex & Few Others call it Castor
Mini Lop Hollands, Netherlands call it Chestnut

Same color, different names. So same type of rabbit, different names. I guess it's who you know. I thank you though. Love to learn the different names of the same thing. IMHO, it's easier to follow the conversation.

Wishing you success with your future breeding. If this Teddy Bear is equal or smaller than your doe, I'd see a problem.

I'm sure Z meant that if the buck is larger than the doe it's be a problem.

Just to spell out what the problem could be, the doe could die. This could happen if the buck was maybe twice the size, so the babies would be too large to come out.

And I've never seen a lionhead with that much hair. It could be a breed we don't have. Very nice looking.

LakeCondo wrote:
I'm sure Z meant that if the buck is larger than the doe it's be a problem.

Just to spell out what the problem could be, the doe could die. This could happen if the buck was maybe twice the size, so the babies would be too large to come out.

And I've never seen a lionhead with that much hair. It could be a breed we don't have. Very nice looking.

Sorry, dyslexia showing :p

Thanks LakeCondo for that catch. Definitely what I meant.

K:)

That's an absolutely gorgeous buck. What a beautiful color and a huge amount of mane. We would love to see pics of your doe, too!

As the others have said, as long as the buck is not any bigger than the doe, you should be fine. Also be sure that you have a prospective market for the bunnies so that you're not stuck with a bunch of unwanted buns, and make sure that you have the equipment for a successful breeding and kindling experience. :)

305457_258740914177091_100001235544897_835727_2076408660_n.jpg

this is our doe... it's possible this guy is too big for her. Too bad,I loved his coloring! I will let you guys know later... we're going on a trip the end of Feb, so I'm going to wait until we come back, that way I can give her the time and attention needed.

cocorabbit wrote:
305457_258740914177091_100001235544897_835727_2076408660_n.jpg

this is our doe... it's possible this guy is too big for her. Too bad,I loved his coloring! I will let you guys know later... we're going on a trip the end of Feb, so I'm going to wait until we come back, that way I can give her the time and attention needed.

She's precious. Smart to wait until you have time to watch her. I think you are thinking ahead. That's good. Have a safe trip and look forward to hearing how it goes when you get back from your trip.

Ya i love her!! We have another doe, she is white with a few chestnut spots. But i dont really want to have white kits... So what are the chances if my chesnut doe mates with a fawn and white ( like the one in the pic) buck?

HappyFarmBunnies wrote:
Depends largely on the background of each rabbit, but generally speaking Chestnut Agouti is a very dominant color.

Love genetics. Been reading tons. Agree, the chestnut aguouti gene is more dominate. You should definitely look into the background of each rabbit.

Latest posts

Back