Pictures of your dogs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's no longer with us (adopted), but I still consider him my "baby"...

Dr. Pepper:

Dr.jpg

*thinks* I believe there's a photo or two around here of he and Rextogether. They were the sweetest friends, they snuggled, and Rexwouldn't touch his food until Pepper was served, and then they'd munchaway together.

I really miss that guy sometimes...:?

WOW hes gorgeous great spots:DSo sorryyou lost him I know how hard it is, the only dog I've lost was a JRTcrossI had her when I was six years old and she passed awaywhen I was 21.

What a beauty your dog was, m.e. I'm so sorry tohear you lost him...it really is hard losing such wonderful members ofthe family. But I also believe that when they do cross over, they willbe the ones waiting to greet us when it's our turn...and what areception that will be!

I'll try and post a pic of the dog who now shares my home (if I canfigure out how this forum works...shouldn't be too hard...though mycomputer skills aren't always the best... :D )

um...sorry for the mix-up :?, but Pepper didn'tdie, he got adopted (hence the "()"). I didn't inted to create thatimpression, though I realize my word choice was not the best. Iapologize.

Dr. Pepper was adopted last summer and is happily living a few hoursnorth of us :) He lived with us for five years, but the home situationwasn't working out :( We found the perfect couple for him; theyhad lost their own Dalmatian two years ago, and were finally ready toopen their hearts for another dog.

They fell in love immediately with Pepper, and it was happily everafter :D I do miss him, but now he has a big yard and a lake and apick-up truck to ride in all day (he accompanies the husband to work),and the love of his new family. I miss him a lot, but he's happy, soI'm happy.

Again, I'm sorry, didn't intend to hijack the thread ;)

Oops...I mistakenly assumed Pepper had crossedover. Well I am certainly glad to hear Pepper is fine and has a lovinghome, but still extend my sympathies to you in missing him...theyremain in our hearts wherever they may be. :)

Now I'll try and add a pic of my dog, Kaya (let's see how skillful I am at this)...

kaya.jpg

Here's Patches and Ginger, Ginger is theLab/German Shepherd mix that was dumped off at our house with twoothers, we adopted out her brothers, Patches is the Border Collie/Aus.Shepherd:

Patches:

100_1027.jpg

Ginger:

100_1028.jpg

Ellie

Now I really want a dog! Oh, who am I kidding?I've wanted a dog since I moved out on my own at 18. Really, oursituation right now isn't set up for a dog, it wouldn't be fair to anyof our animals to bring a dog in. Plus, with a new baby on the way, Idoubt I'd be up for that.

However, I do plan on us getting a dog as soon as we live in a bigger place.

Bassetluv-

I just noticed how long your dog's nails are, please clip them with adog nail clipper you can find at walmart or likestores. Clipping theirnails is essential, if they get too long, they cannot walk/is painfulto walk and their nails will painfully split or will cause stressedtendons because of the off angle they walk, etc.:)

Ellie

Wow, such cute dogs!

This is my Daytona!

21q59s

He is a 1 year old Keeshond. Lots of brushing, and grooming bills, LMBO! but worth EVERY penny!

This is him at 8 weeks,

2kr5nl

Monkeys!:)

Ellie, your dogs are beautiful! I love how they both posed for you so well. :)

Oh, and I know...Kaya's claws were a bit long in the photo. I do trimthem, but I don't trim them too short (got a bit gunshy when I trimmedthem once and hit the quick). I have always wondered about somethingI'd heard a few years ago. Maybe you can answer this question...thelonger the nails grow, does the quick get longer as well? I hadwondered if that was fact or myth. I do know that when I did hit thequick once, I hadn't trimmed her claws back very far. Of course it waspainful for her :( and I had to gain her trust (and my own) back again.

Bassetluv,

Thanks! He's a Monkey! though...

My groomer ALWAYS tells me to bring Daytona in to clip his nails inbetween visits, because the longer the nail, the longer the quick...

I don't know if that helps, but she is a groomer...

Monkeys!:)

Bassetluv wrote:
Oh, and I know...Kaya's claws were a bit long in the photo.I do trim them, but I don't trim them too short (got a bit gunshy whenI trimmed them once and hit the quick). I have always wondered aboutsomething I'd heard a few years ago. Maybe you can answer thisquestion...the longer the nails grow, does the quick get longer aswell? I had wondered if that was fact or myth. I do know that when Idid hit the quick once, I hadn't trimmed her claws back very far. Ofcourse it was painful for her :( and I had to gain her trust (and myown) back again.

You cant judge a dogs nails without looking closely, all nails aredifferent as are ours,I show dogs and groom to show, and Iwould say its a myth. One of my dogs has very long quicks inthe front and short in the back, he never needs his rear claws trimmedonly his front, my other dog has very short quicks and never needs hernails trimmed.

This is barney one of my older showing dogs showing off a few of his rosettes.

Actually, the longer the nail the longer the quick, you were correct, Bassetluv.

White nails are simple, just avoid cutting into the red (quick)

Black nails can be harder, you can slowly cut back little by littleuntil when you look into the center of the nail like you would into atube, then, when you've cut enough of the hard, excess nail off, you'llnotice that the nail will be soft and "squishy" meaning the next sliveryou take off may be thequick. Another way isto just judge how flared it is.

Make sure that when cutting the nail you also cut off the "flares" theflares are when the nail gets so long it literally flares out on eitherside of the nail,cut off those flares by simply moving yourdog nail clipper to clip off the flare. The end result should be ashorter, round nail.

Ellie

Latest posts

Back