Available Brands of Wood Pellets and/or Crumble Products

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimD

Reaction score
Greetings!!

Depending on where you reside, wood pellet/crumble products may or may not be available.
With the assistance of forum members (y'all take a bow now!;)), a good list has beencompiledof the different makers.

Hopefully those that are in search of this elusive treasure can use this to find something suitable.

If anybunnie knows of other brands not listed, please add them to the list.

Good Luck!!
Have Fun!!!

"The game's afoot!"

~JimD
I love WoodyPet!____:bunnydance:____

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ABM (Advanced Bedding Management)
Dragon Mountain
Dry Den
Dry Stall
Equi-Litter
EquineFresh
Feline Pine
Gentle Touch Products
Guardian Horse Bedding
J.P. McCrumb Woodshavings
Kaytee
Kentucky Komfort
Lone Star Bedding
Magnum Horse Products
Norstar Pellet Bedding
Pine Stall Horse Bedding
Pinnacle Pine Horse Bedding
Woody Pet
Agway (their own brand)

I just decided I wanted to make the switch from carefresh to a woody pet like product, so...

Just last night I got this:

http://www.petco.com/Shop/petco_Product_R_3251_PC_productlist_Nav_234_N_26+100+30+5482_sku_863688_familyID_10515.aspxGreenPet

Aspen Supreme pellets from petco. This was basically all I could find. We don't exactly have any feed stores around. This brand also makes corncob bedding, but I knew that wasn't supposed to be safe to be ingested, so I got this one.

They also had this product, for a dollar more, but I wasn't sure how absorbent it would be...

http://www.petco.com/Shop/petco_Product_R_8381_PC_productlist_Nav_234_N_26+100_cp_2_Nao_12_sku_267384_familyID_7422.aspx

If anyone has tried this can I get some feedback on either brand?

Just a point to note: Fire Master Woodpellets (for burning in wood stoves) is the exact same thing asPinestall wood pellets.

The same company makes the product and just packages itdifferently. I pick up the Firemaster wood pellets at Ronafor about half the price of the Pinestall at a petstore.

--Dawn

Fire Mastersold for $4.00for a 40 lb. bag at HomeDepot. The pellets smelled so strong ofPine that I put instorage for it toairout. It seems itwill stay there, until Ifinish my Woody Pet.

This is the time of year, whenthe hardware stores are startingto stock their shelves withwood burning pellets.

Rainbows! :)

aurora369 wrote:
Just a point to note: Fire Master Wood pellets(for burning in wood stoves) is the exact same thing as Pinestall woodpellets.

The same company makes the product and just packages itdifferently. I pick up the Firemaster wood pellets at Ronafor about half the price of the Pinestall at a petstore.

--Dawn
Hi Dawn,

Stove pellets are okay as long as they process out the components harmful to our bunnies.
Some of the manufacturers make stove pellets as well as products used for animals.
Airomatic oils are often not processed out of the stove pellets.
Just make sure that products are throughly researched prior to use.

JimD wrote:
Some of the manufacturers make stove pellets as well as products used for animals.
Fire Masterwas listed as 100% PinePellets, No Additives, No Chemicals,andsafe for pets. Itdoesn't say how they processed itthough, (kiln dried or not).

And it's a product of B.C.

Rainbows! :D

Pet_Bunny wrote:
JimD wrote:
Some of themanufacturers make stove pellets as well as products used for animals.
Fire Masterwas listed as 100% PinePellets, No Additives, No Chemicals,andsafe for pets. Itdoesn't say how they processed itthough, (kiln dried or not).

And it's a product of B.C.

Rainbows! :D
After reasearching a bit I found that thewood pellet productintended for use with animals made by Fire Master is Pine Stall, PetMaster, or Litter Master
http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/app/ccc/search/navigate.do?language=eng&portal=1&subPortal=&estblmntNo=234567060739&profile=completeProfile

I've bought both Pinestall and Firemaster, and they are exactly identical.

In fact all the rabbit rescues in my local area have Firemaster on their wish list.

It is the EXACT same as the Pinestall, just in a different bag. No additives or firestarters...

--Dawn

There is a generic Feline Pine too, it'sPetsmart brand called ExquisiCat Pine Litter. Its about $2less than the Feline Pine.

Marth Animal and Reptile Pellet Bedding

It's made in Wisconsin and might only be available locally.It's okay but I liked ABM better. Unfortunately that's alonger drive.

And so does that mean that reptiles aren't animals?

Spring wrote:
There's also a product here calledStallDrythat I get at the feed store. Very nice stuff! :cool:

http://www.absorbentproductsltd.com/default.htm
You must be getting theequine bedding product they make (*wood pellets).
Is it full pellets or a crumble?
What's it costing?
I see they make it in a few different size bags. What is available for you?

We don't have feed stores by us...or TSC...or any of those neat places.But horse people in our area, that use wood pellet/crumble, must begetting it from somewhere.:?

~Jim

*(They also makean earth/clay product fordeodorizing.)

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
Megazorb is a good brand of horse bedding that can be usedfor litter in the uk.

http://www.megazorb.co.uk/about_megazorb.htm

THANKS Bunnys_rule !!

Our UK members are often asking about the wood pelletsand where they can get them.;)

It looks like acrumble product.
The website states that it comes in 85 litre weatherproof bags.
I see there's prices and a list of stores on the website.

Very Nice!!

~Jim

missyscove wrote:
I just decided I wanted to make the switch from carefresh toa woody pet like product, so...

Just last night I got this
Green Pet Aspen Supreme Pellets Pet & Bird All Natural Litter/Bedding

They also had this product, for a dollar more, but I wasn't sure how absorbent it would be...
Critter Country Litter 'N Bedding

Hi missyscove from S. CA! Thanks for the info!

I didn't realize that there were that many kinds available. Cost is a big factor between some of the brands, for sure.

I pay $4.79 for a 30lb bag of Woody Pet (crumble).

Green Pet Aspen Supreme Pellets Pet & Bird All NaturalLitter/Bedding looks like it's pellets (desription says "aspenparticles"). Only Aspen...no pine or cedar used. Safe for rabbits.Online price: 20lb bag goes for $11 to $12(USA).

Critter Country Litter 'N Bedding is a pelletized straw litter.
Online price: 20lb bag goes for $11 to $12(USA).

~Jim

naturestee wrote:
Marth Animal and Reptile Pellet Bedding

It's made in Wisconsin and might only be available locally.It's okay but I liked ABM better. Unfortunately that's alonger drive.

And so does that mean that reptiles aren't animals?
Hiya!

They make their pellets from 100% kiln dried, virgin wood particles. Sounds good to me :D.

It says it comes in a 40 lb bag. How much does it cost?

What local places do they sell it at by you?

~Jim

Marth is at just about all of the local feedmills (at least, the ones that carry any pellet bedding) except for theone in Saukville that sells ABM. It's about $5 for 40 lbs.

ABM I think was $5 for 50 lbs. It had a smaller pellet size and less dust than Marth.

canela_2004 wrote:
There is a generic Feline Pine too, it's Petsmart brandcalled ExquisiCat Pine Litter. Its about $2 less than theFeline Pine.
Hi canela!!
Thanks for your input on this!

ExquisiCat Pine is a pelleted litter is made from compressed natural pine wood.

Online pricing $9 for a 20 lb bag.

~Jim

Latest posts

Back