Sandboxes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A sand pit?!

:yes:

Well I be, I never heard of such a thing until right now! Haha.
Seems like your buns have an awesome playing in there!

I want to make one..but i doubt my parents will say 'yes' to that.
*Sigh* Oh well..lol.

K&E

My neighbors have a sand pit. Theyhave three little girls who love our rabbits, so they let the rabbitsuse it whenever they please. I've been saving up onemyself... I keep spending it on toys for them andect. for I not getting very far. I think after wefinsh the rabbit run, I'll start working hard for thesandbox. Great thread & thanks for the infoeveryone!

-Ashley & the boys

Theodore loves to dig in soil. I havea tupperware wrapping paper box that has dirt/soil in it. Itis so cute to watch a little bunny dig and then push a mound of soilaway with both paws.

Oh awesome Idea. I did not know that sand pit isok for buns. We are moving in the spring and I can just buy one of themkiddie plastic pools for a few bucks and put it in our fenced in backyard. Awesome Idea and I am glad this post came up again.

Ok I love the idea of a sandbox for the buns butI was wondering about a couple things... My rabbits are strictly insidebuns till I can get harnesses and leashes and what not.. But anyway thequestion lol... Does anyone have one in the house? And also do theyactually Fling the sand?? Cause I was thinking about making one for inthe house, but i dont want to have to clean up HUGE messes. Any helpwith this would be greatly appriciated.

:disgust: Um You have 3 kids why worry about a mess now ? :foreheadsmack:

shadow10978 wrote:
Ok I love the idea of asandbox for the buns but I was wondering about a couple things... Myrabbits are strictly inside buns till I can get harnesses and leashesand what not.. But anyway the question lol... Does anyone have one inthe house? And also do they actually Fling the sand?? Cause I wasthinking about making one for in the house, but i dont want to have toclean up HUGE messes. Any help with this would be greatly appriciated.

Ummmm cause that sand is much like beach sand inthat it is almost impossable to get out carpets. So far they havntgotten anything in the rugs I cant get out in some way shape or form.

Pernod and Perry don't actually fling the sand,but they do a lot of digging. The sides are quite high above the levelof the sand, so very little goes outside the box. They also roll in it,and it takes a real good brushing to get it out of their coat.

Perhaps you could use shredded paper (unprinted) for them to dig in. Iagree, sand in the carpet would be a nightmare to get out!

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
Pernod and Perry don't actually fling the sand, but they doa lot of digging. The sides are quite high above the level of the sand,so very little goes outside the box. They also roll in it, and it takesa real good brushing to get it out of their coat.

Perhaps you could use shredded paper (unprinted) for them to dig in. Iagree, sand in the carpet would be a nightmare to get out!

Jan
yup yup! ...if you have a paper shredder...shread up all yourjunk mail (of course no glossy, color prints etc etc) and throw it in abox and may the games begin ! lol

Back