ZuPreem Rabbit Pellets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
Hi, I got a sample todayof Zupreem Rabbit pellets.Has anyone on here used this brand? Is it any good?

Now I have to find out if they sell it here in Canada. I've never seen it in the stores.

Thanks

Susan:)

I don't know if this helps, but I have used Zupreem ferret food, and it was very nutritious and good- no fatty add-ons and such. So I can say that my use so far of the brand has been good. (But for ferrets... ;) )

Zupreem is a division of Purina Mills. I have had no problems with either the Purina or the Zupreem brand. Zupreem is widely recognized in the avian and the zoological worlds as a premium product.

Randy

I see them at the store where I get my supplies from, but I'm sticking with Martins Pellets, and Oxbow.

My bunnies love the Zupreem avian parrot products, recommended by Buck Jones.

I got them in the mail too - I think the ZooToo thing did it! I love samples!

I'm going to mix them into Tony's or Clover's feed and see how they do. Bo is too picky...

I just received a sample in the mail today.

The white sealed mailing package cost US$4.80inshippingfrom Mission, KS. :shock:

Inside is a 14 oz. mini sample that can last Pebbles several days of feed. There is a pamphlet, a sheet to join the Furry Friends Club, and a $4.00 off mail in coupon (valid only in the US). :D

Anyone else getting samples?

I got the sample about a week ago. It looked okay to me, but the rabbits didn't care much for it. The only one who ate any of it (it was mixed in with their normal feed) was Potter and I think that's only because he'll put anything in his mouth.

I've continued to feed it mixed in and there's still a portion leftover in everyone but Potter's cage each day. So far the only pellets that I've used and that everybun likes is Sweet Meadow's feed. That they love, but I think it's a no-go on Zupreem.

I'm in Los Angeles and either have access to Kaytee (which I don't like) or Zupreem which I look for.. Oxbow does have a pellet but the store I go to does not stock in regularly and hate to switch brands all the time and my bun (fingers crossed) for the last 4 months likes it very much..

ra7751 wrote:
Zupreem is a division of Purina Mills. I have had no problems with either the Purina or the Zupreem brand. Zupreem is widely recognized in the avian and the zoological worlds as a premium product.

Randy

It being part of the Purina company doesn't give me confidence in it. Purina (and its many products) and not considered good for dogs or cats. They are slightly above the generic grocery store brands. The lack of an ingredient list on the website doesn't make me feel good.

I just hope they know more about what rabbits (and birds and other small animals), then they do about dogs and cats.

I haven't tried Zupreem, but have seen it. The presences of corn as the second and third ingredient, doesn't seem like quality to me.

I'll stick to Oxbow and in a pinch Martin.

I received a sample in the mail, too. But isn't anyone else concerned that the second and third ingredients are corn gluten meal and ground corn?? Good old Purina relying on empty fillers! JMO. I can't get Zupreem up here anyway. I'll continue to order in Oxbow.

~Diana

I feed my bunnies the Zupreem Nature's Promise timothy pellets. I would prefer feeding them Oxbow, but I can't get it up here and it would be very expensive to ship. The Zupreem pellets are higher quality than any of the other rabbit food at the pet store. My bunnies like it and the vet said it's okay. Maybe someday they'll start carrying Oxbow!

SOOOSKA wrote:
Hi, I got a sample todayof Zupreem Rabbit pellets.Has anyone on here used this brand? Is it any good?

Now I have to find out if they sell it here in Canada. I've never seen it in the stores.

Thanks

Susan:)

I bought a bag from my Vet last week when I took Smokey in for a nail trim.

He never liked pellets too much but over the last few months he has been eating them more and he was almost out of Kaytee Timothy Complete.

I was never too fond of the smell of the Kaytee - and with that endless debate over Ethoxyqui - I wanted to try something new.

The Vet had ZuPreem Nature's Promise and Oxbow. Both 5 lb bags were in the $12 range. After compairing the ingredients I took the ZuPreem because I could not figure out why Oxbow would have limestone on the ingredient list.

It was a week ago that I bought the pellets, and I can't remember all the ingredients that went into the Oxbow - and for the life of me I can't find a website for it.

Anyway, its smells much better than the Kaytee and I've been adding it to the old pellets with good success.

Dana and I have never used it. We tried the Kaytee Timothy Complete and the buns didn't really like it. The ferts didn't even try to steal it like they did with some of the other stuff we have tried. We finally have sittled with Oxbow Basic T. We just have to keep it out of the ferts reach cause they like to steal it too.LOL

I'm also kinda leary of Purina as well as the other mass producers of pet food that seem to lump all the animals together. Their base ingrediants are the same with just a few extras for animal specific thrown in. With all the info out there on pet nutrition you think they would get a clue to what we need and want.

I go out of my way for my "kids" sometimes (more than not)to the point that they eat better than us.LOL

Latest posts

Back