ZRabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eeeeeee big bunny <3 Can't wait to see him full sized and next to one of the small buns. I love the marking on his nose. When Harvey sheds he gets weird short patches just above the dark part of his nose so it looks like he's got angry eyebrows haha.

ukcarolm wrote:
Wow stunning photos of Rubeus, he looks really happy investigating his new surroundings and like the others I love the front photo showing his gorgeous markings.
Thanks Carol. He had a really good time out there. At first, a bit tentative, but after that, I got to see big binkys. Not quite coordinated, but at least he got a chance to try. Excellent exercise for our little big guy.

He is a handsome bunny.

Thanks again.

K

fuzz16 wrote:
Such a pretty boy, glad hes fitting in so well
Thanks Brenda. He's in my husband's office right now. Hasn't seen the rest of the Tribe as of yet. But hes' really getting attached to us. Especially my husband. So far so good. Can't wait in 7 days to move him in with the Tribe.

K

MagPie wrote:
Eeeeeee big bunny <3 Can't wait to see him full sized and next to one of the small buns. I love the marking on his nose. When Harvey sheds he gets weird short patches just above the dark part of his nose so it looks like he's got angry eyebrows haha.
Emily, he's already bigger than my biggest bunny Dobby. Compared to Kreacher, you will understand the word dwarf. And big. It's boggles my mind that he's only 7 weeks old and he's that big. I have to keep reminding myself that he's still a baby.

Funny to watch how doofy he is in the run. Like a big puppy. Just learning his legs. And definitely trying to manage those ears.

You definitely have to take a picture of Harvey with his angry eyebrows. I know he's not angry, but it must so funny to see.

K

Those ears! I wonder how they do manage those ears especially when they are that big. I would have watched the videos but the computer I am on won't let me without downloading Flash. I definitely want to see him next to the others when he's allowed to be near them.

I will try next time it happens if I catch it on a mostly white rabbit haha. But he just finished getting his summer coat in. He's looking rather handsome now instead of scruffy haha.

MagPie wrote:
Those ears! I wonder how they do manage those ears especially when they are that big. I would have watched the videos but the computer I am on won't let me without downloading Flash. I definitely want to see him next to the others when he's allowed to be near them.

I will try next time it happens if I catch it on a mostly white rabbit haha. But he just finished getting his summer coat in. He's looking rather handsome now instead of scruffy haha.
Those ears are amazing. He's doing pretty good managing those ears. I just love to see when they are fully erect.

Glad Harvey is now handsome. My poor Neville was looking scruffy too. Been shedding his baby coat. Just love the blue shining through. Now it seems it's Luna's turn to shed that baby coat.

K

Well he's still got a little scruffy butt going, which he will not let me touch :rollseyes Silly rabbit acts like I am tormenting him haha.

Are there pictures of Neville in his adult coat?

^ what she said! Mr. Rubeus is a good looking guy. Love the Sandy but I am a little biased. I forgot how little they start out!

MagPie wrote:
Well he's still got a little scruffy butt going, which he will not let me touch :rollseyes Silly rabbit acts like I am tormenting him haha.

Are there pictures of Neville in his adult coat?

These were taken right before we got Rubeus. You will notice how the blue is coming in on his back end and also the thinning of his sides really showing his skirt. He's still shedding his baby coat so need to get more current pics.

BUNNYS2899.jpg

BUNNYS2901.jpg

K

kmaben wrote:
^ what she said! Mr. Rubeus is a good looking guy. Love the Sandy but I am a little biased. I forgot how little they start out!
And after seeing current pics of Kai, I can't believe how big Rebeus can become.

BTW, made me think of Kai when I saw Rubeus for the first time. I just loved Kai's coloring.

K

When you said you got a giant I was like I know what she's going to name him! I know! I would have been so sad if he wasn't a Hagrid. I knew you'd end up with the perfect baby. No one should ever have to go through that kind of loss. I am so glad he's working his magic on your husband

kmaben wrote:
When you said you got a giant I was like I know what she's going to name him! I know! I would have been so sad if he wasn't a Hagrid. I knew you'd end up with the perfect baby. No one should ever have to go through that kind of loss. I am so glad he's working his magic on your husband
Thanks Kaley, truly appreciate your kind words. Means a lot. Thanks again.

K

Hi Karen

I just read through a few months of your blog. Boy you have gorgeous bunnies. Love the Flemish Rubeus, glad he's taken to your hubby and vise versa.

Your yard is looking beautiful. Boy i miss my backyard. But at least I have my garden plot at the Community garden. My dill is coming up really nicely and the bunnies love it. It's just a pain with such little rain I have to walk with two water jug about 20 - 30 times to water the whole garden. It's about 40 feet x 4 feet so quite big.

Susan:)

SOOOSKA wrote:
Hi Karen

I just read through a few months of your blog. Boy you have gorgeous bunnies. Love the Flemish Rubeus, glad he's taken to your hubby and vise versa.

Your yard is looking beautiful. Boy i miss my backyard. But at least I have my garden plot at the Community garden. My dill is coming up really nicely and the bunnies love it. It's just a pain with such little rain I have to walk with two water jug about 20 - 30 times to water the whole garden. It's about 40 feet x 4 feet so quite big.

Susan:)
Thanks so much for the compliments about our bunnies. And truly appreciate the kind wods about Rubeus and my husband. Means a lot.

I don't know what I would do without my backyard, so understand you missing yours. I think that's an excellent idea regarding the Community Garden. A place where you can still putter around and grow good things for your bunnies.

Looking for rain here too. Hoping you get some rain your way. Definitely a lot of work with all those jugs of water. Your getting your exercise, but it would be nice if the water came naturally. Hoping the dill keeps nice in this weather. It feels good giving my buns something I grew myself, knowing it safe. Just today, they got cilantro, carrot tops, parsley and basil.

K

Update on ZRabbits:

Well it hit 103 yesterday. Really awful heat. All the Z-Tribe were nice and comfy in the house with the AC. Woke up this morning, just way too humid and the mosquitoes are terrible. My poor husband went out to clean one of the hydroponics, and was literally attacked. Can't stand them, so no bunny run for the Z-Tribe today.

Time to start preparing for Rubeus to be housed with the rest. Moving crates, cleaning areas. This will prepare the rest of the Z-Tribe, so they know something new is going to happen. Give them a good week to settle in the new arrangements, and the Rubeus can come out of hiding in the back room.

Can't wait the all the Z-Tribe are together.

K

Our heat finally broke today! So maybe the cool air will head east. We hit 102 and it was horrible.
Ironically, we have no Mosquitos this year. We are normally humid and wet but we have been dry and have had little to no rain so coupled with the heat I heard on the news we have no Mosquitos. Only good thing I guess.

Good luck with moving Rubeus in with the rest of the tribe. Will Luna be grumbling about the change? Lol. Something new for her to thump at maybe....;)

Update on ZRabbits:

Well, after 8 days of observation and no signs of any illness or disorder, the Tribe is now One.

Here's how it used to be:
BUNNYS086.jpg

Here's how it is now:
BUNNYS088.jpg

We have the Newlyweds together:
BUNNYS089-1.jpg

Our littlest and biggest bunnies together:
BUNNYS090.jpg

And our two elder tribe members side by side. We switch crates so that Willard is first and then Dobby. It was vise versa before.
BUNNYS091.jpg

So far, so good. No problems, no bunny upset. They all have a different view of the room. This is good to do for bunnies so they don't get bored. Mental stimulation.

I know the quarantine can extend to 14 days, but as with Luna, we closely observe our bunnies, constantly turning them over and making checks of ears, nose, eyes and mouth and bum. Nothing of any concern, touch wood.

All are settled. It's amazing how well the Z-Tribe takes changes in stride.

So We are ONE! Z-Tribe is now all together. Stable and secure.

Weather did break. But still very humid. Had all of them out one by one in the kitchen for a run today. Will upload vids for viewing enjoyment soon.

K

Wow you've been busy moving everything around, and I agree the Ztribe will enjoy new scenery! I'm so pleased they all seem to have taken the move in their stride. Looking forward to the videos.

ukcarolm wrote:
Wow you've been busy moving everything around, and I agree the Ztribe will enjoy new scenery! I'm so pleased they all seem to have taken the move in their stride. Looking forward to the videos.
Thanks Carol, We really planned the move. We have options of switching them around very easily. It does them good with mental stimulation. They are all now settled and sleeping. No problems. One thing I have found that once you gain their trust, changes go smoothly. Adding new members goes smoothly as well. Slow and steady that's how you make them ready. Tribal policy. It works for us.

K

Latest posts

Back