ZRabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear you on the cooler weather! I just came in from the barn and I'm sweating my non-existent testicles off. LOL

How long do you have for the smaller does to have their first litter? With the larger ones, they're supposed to be bred between 7-8 months.

Love the video and yes again, can't get over his ears! It's like they are too big for him to hold up.

Cutie pie :)

agnesthelion wrote:
Love the video and yes again, can't get over his ears! It's like they are too big for him to hold up.

Cutie pie :)
He had a great morning. 3 hour nap and now up and ready to rumble again. Love those ears. He's still getting used to them. But he's such a welcomed Tribe member.

It's just so different.

K

ukcarolm wrote:
Love your new photos and the video is brilliant, thanks for sharing it with us.
Glad you enjoyed our new Tribe member. We had as much fun making it as living it.

He's just so different than our others. And such a sweetheart. Truly will be a Gentle Giant. And an asset to the Z-Tribe. He's our warrior.

K

wendymac wrote:
I hear you on the cooler weather! I just came in from the barn and I'm sweating my non-existent testicles off. LOL

How long do you have for the smaller does to have their first litter? With the larger ones, they're supposed to be bred between 7-8 months.
The smaller does you can start at 6 months, but I'm waiting just a bit. No big hurry. Want cooler weather. Plus will give Rubeus time to grow up a bit before the excitement of little ones.

K

Update on ZRabbits:

Rubeus is doing well. He's almost switched to alfalfa based pellets with no problems.
Also Neville is almost switched to Timothy based pellets with no problems either. Luna will stay on the alfalfa based due to pending litter in November.

The heat is going to be wicked here. Saturday they are calling for 103 degrees. Hopefully it will be cooler in the early morning.

It appears, watching the Weather Channel that from the Southwest all the way to the North East will be experience extreme temperatures. And for all those farmers out there, who are battling against it, good luck guys and gals. This will be very hard for all animals. Hoping all can stay cool. And no losses.

Garden is doing well considering the heat. Cucumbers are growing like crazy. Tomatoes are producing. Kale, argula, cilantro, basile, parsley, all kicking butt. Will have to find out about cucumber leaves. They seem to be inching their way to the outdoor run.

One more day of work. Feels funky with a middle of the week holiday. Thought yesterday was Monday. Can't wait to have a weekend with the buns. Need to do some rearranging so that when it's time to move Rubeus to the other Tribe members, it won't be so stressful for all.

K

Karen, I saw you posting the past few days, but it didn't register that you were really back until just now! Welcome back! Rubeus is so, so handsome :) He looks like a Podgie cousin! What a cutie pie. Okay I just read your Rubeus intro post and am going to read the rest of your recent posts here in your blog.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Karen, I saw you posting the past few days, but it didn't register that you were really back until just now! Welcome back! Rubeus is so, so handsome :) He looks like a Podgie cousin! What a cutie pie. Okay I just read your Rubeus intro post and am going to read the rest of your recent posts here in your blog.

Thanks, thought I'd come back and stir up some trouble. lol No seriously, missed the conversation and reading about certain bunnies that I've come fond of reading about. Like your Podgie. Hope he's doing good. Read that you put him with the others and he's being a bit skittish. He'll come around. Especially with you and your hubby's TLC.

So far Rubeus is lapping up the attention. And has stolen my husband's heart. Though he truly is attached to Dobby and Willard, this little guy is something special to him. I can see it now, my husband calling both Jake and Rubeus to go out with him to walk. It really does my heart good. As much as I wanted this big bunny, he's doing wonders for my husband. Karma is something isn't it? My husband got our first bunnies for me, to help with my loss. Now he's found a big guy that is truly helping him with his loss.

K

That's so sweet, Karen! So glad he found a bun who loves him. My Kerensa is a daddy's girl, too. She looooves my husband! I'm glad you came back to the forum, wasn't the same without you :)

SnowyShiloh wrote:
That's so sweet, Karen! So glad he found a bun who loves him. My Kerensa is a daddy's girl, too. She looooves my husband! I'm glad you came back to the forum, wasn't the same without you :)
Thanks, that truly means a lot.

Read your recent entry. Bunnies do surprise us sometimes. You think you're not getting through to them, and then a good groom and kisses show up.

Your bunnies will truly miss you.

Have a safe trip. Look forward to when you get back.

K

I'm glad you're back, too!!!! I love reading your blog, and seeing all your awesome pics!

Are you guys all staying cool over your way? We got a tiny bit of rain for a few minutes last night, and it was enough to cool things off a bit. Today is hot, but the barn is nice and cool and the house is tolerable. After tomorrow (which they're calling for 102 here) it's supposed to start getting back to the 80-83 range, thank goodness!

wendymac wrote:
I'm glad you're back, too!!!! I love reading your blog, and seeing all your awesome pics!

Are you guys all staying cool over your way? We got a tiny bit of rain for a few minutes last night, and it was enough to cool things off a bit. Today is hot, but the barn is nice and cool and the house is tolerable. After tomorrow (which they're calling for 102 here) it's supposed to start getting back to the 80-83 range, thank goodness!

Thanks Wendy, Glad I'm back too.

We're all staying cool. No rain to speak of here. Garden got a good watering this morning. Calling for triple digits here too tomorrow. Hoping for that cooler weather too.

So glad to hear the barn is nice and cool. Will be thinking of all of you tomorrow. Hoping you all stay cool. Take care.

K

Update on ZRabbits:

What we don't do for our Tribe. Woke up really early this morning, knowing that the it's going to be a hot one. Was able to get Rubeus out for an intro to the bunny run.

He had a blast. Here's some pics of him exploring the bunny run.

BUNNYS037.jpg

BUNNYS048.jpg

BUNNYS051.jpg

BUNNYS074.jpg

BUNNYS077.jpg

Here he is with his "Touchstone". The bond is really growing between the two of them. So thrilled!
BUNNYS079.jpg

And after the run, a little relaxation in the kitchen.
BUNNYS081.jpg

Unfortunately the humidity has brought back those nasty mosquitos. So it was a short run. Hopefully tomorrow morning we can get the rest of the Z-Tribe out.

K

Omg I love his nose. That front on picture shows the butterfly type marking he has really good. His face is adorable!

How cute is the one on your husbands shoulder? Love it!:)

agnesthelion wrote:
Omg I love his nose. That front on picture shows the butterfly type marking he has really good. His face is adorable!

How cute is the one on your husbands shoulder? Love it!:)
We love the marking on his nose. Really stands out.

And he is my husband buddy. Love that pic too.

Thanks.

K

wendymac wrote:
I agree, the nose marking is cool!! And love the shot of him and your hubby's shoulder. Adorable!
The nose marking is what caught my eye when we first got the pics of the boys we were to consider.

It just gives him character.

And the one with with my husband, love it too. They are truly connecting. Rubeus really loves his company. And my husband is just so enamored of Rubeus. Makes me laugh to see how excited he is to be with that rabbit. My husband really needed this. Just like I did with my first pair.

K

Wow stunning photos of Rubeus, he looks really happy investigating his new surroundings and like the others I love the front photo showing his gorgeous markings.

Latest posts

Back