Zoom Groom by Kong

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniLopHop

Reaction score
I just bought a zoom groom by kong. I have had cats, some of them long haired, for years. I currently have a Turkish Angora that must be brushed on a regular basis. I thought I had collected just about every brush on the market. I have tried the various brushes on Becky, but none of them really worked on bunny fur very well.

Today I went and looked again. The only brush the pet store had that I didn't was the zoom groom. I didn't see how a rubbery nibbed thing was going to work, but I was desperate. I didn't want our bonding time to be a struggle and end in a thump.

I tried it on the cat first to see how it would work. I was shocked when the cat, who normally struggles to get away from the brush, laid down and started purring! He stretched out his chin for an extra pass and for the first time enjoyed the session! I couldn't believe how much fur it picked up. Then I tried Becky. The soft rubber conformed to her curvy body and is so gentle on her delicate skin. She just sat there and let me brush her, no holding and no thumping! This brush picked up more loose fur than several sessions of the other brushes combined. I had tried slicker brushes, small tooth combs, the soft bristle brushes, pin head brushes with limited success.

Just thought I would pass on the good news. You have to look in the cat section, it is not with bunny supplies, but should be.

:big wink:

I just hope its available in Canada, im going to pick up some hay today anyways so Ill look for it. Jezzabelle has all kinds of fluffies sticking out of her back end, her butt looks like a pompom :p

I haven't tried that one yet. I use a Furminator, which works well on most coats, but not all. I guess I will have to spend more money on the rabbits and try one of these.

Violet23 wrote:
I just hope its available in Canada

It is a popular item and should beavailable in all pet stores (Canada). Get the Cat version (in the cat section)becauseitis sometimes cheaper than the Dog version.

I use the Zoom Groom first to take all the excess and loose hair off, then I finish up with the Furminator.

I too love the Zoom Groom, although need to warn you that it is very tasty to most bunnies. I don't know why, but they seem to like to eat rubber. I use it on my own and bought one for the shelter bunnies too.

If you're in Canada you can get them at Zellers. That's where I got mine.

Just don't leave it anywhere bunnies can get to it because they will try to eat it, lol.

How odd, I got mine from Petsmart. I guess they stock differently between US and Canada.

Good to know they attract chewing. I keep it up on a bookcase so she can't reach it when I'm not actively brushing.

Latest posts

Back