Zoe keeps flipping her food and water bowls!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I’ve had Zoe for about 2 months. She’s a very sweet girl, but she keeps flipping her bowls!! She currently has an elevated bowl sort of thing, yet she manages to tilt it far enough to flip. If anyone has any tips, that would mean the world to me, as it is VERY difficult to have to clean her play area every day. Also, I added a picture for the heck of it lol. 0EDFF550-5127-4032-BB90-0A8DF86AAC66.jpeg

So I’ve had Zoe for about 2 months. She’s a very sweet girl, but she keeps flipping her bowls!! She currently has an elevated bowl sort of thing, yet she manages to tilt it far enough to flip. If anyone has any tips, that would mean the world to me, as it is VERY difficult to have to clean her play area every day. Also, I added a picture for the heck of it lol. View attachment 50046
She is so cute I love her! For my one rabbit we have this food bin that attaches to the bars of her cage so she can’t flip it. If she doesn’t have a cage maybe buy a smaller one to keep her food in if you want to use a bin. I use water bottles for my one and the other doesn’t flip her dish but maybe use a heavy bowl that isn’t too big. Best of luck!

Just use bowls that twist onto a clamp. They can't be tipped or spilled. They can be used for water and for food pellets. Should be available at any petstore or online.

Aaah... I found the photo with different types of such bowls...
1598040581616.png

Attachments

• 20180405_140618.jpg
    20180405_140618.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 3
  • water bowl.png
    water bowl.png
    224.8 KB · Views: 3
She is so cute I love her! For my one rabbit we have this food bin that attaches to the bars of her cage so she can’t flip it. If she doesn’t have a cage maybe buy a smaller one to keep her food in if you want to use a bin. I use water bottles for my one and the other doesn’t flip her dish but maybe use a heavy bowl that isn’t too big. Best of luck!
Thank you!! I’ll be sure to try this!

My bun also used to flip his water. It drove me crazy! Any droppings on the floor would disintegrate, and it would be such a mess.

I also use a twist on bowl that attaches to the cage, but make sure it’s one that’s easy to remove for refilling twice a day. In the store, there were some that were hard to use.

Latest posts

Back