Zirkon

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnoliaDee

Reaction score
Does anyone know what Zirkon is? I did a quick search and I'm having difficulties finding what I'm looking for. It's for cleaning and will kill bacteria. I'm looking to see if I can get some to clean the bunny room.

Any links would be greatly appreciated!!

Oh by the way... I should ask... for those of you who know what it is... what is it? lol... is it a liquid, a powder?? My bunny room is almost entirely carpet, and I would really like to kill any potential bacteria in the carpet.

It's indoor/outdoor carpet... if you have any suggestions, that'd be great also. I'm going to steam clean it (with a home steam cleaner) this weekend.

No idea, sorry. The only zirkon I know is a mineral, also called zirkonium. It is however sometimes used in teath cleaning compounds, mainly for polishing, but I'm sure that's not what you're looking for :)

For cleaning carpets: I use a white vinegar/water mixture for spots, often followed with hydrogenperoxide to get it really clean.
For steamcleaning, there are several products you can use. I use "Bissel Pet Odor and Soil remover" in mine, about twice a year or so.

I can't find anything either. Is the carpet plastic at all? When I think of indoor/outdoor, I think of astroturf so sorry if I'm way off base here. Plastic shouldn't be steam cleaned.

Actually, now that I think of it, I think it's used in laboratory animal facilities to kill bacteria, viruses, etc, but that's called Zirkon-D? Maybe?

edit: It's called VirKon-S.

Thanks Claire!!! The carpet in the bunny room is just basically really low pile carpeting. I know what you're referring to when you say plastic... but ours isn't that one.

O'kay now I'll go look for Virkon-S!!

Good luck--the only place I could find it was our lab's chemical supply company. ;) I think steam would do a pretty good job about killing bacteria.

Latest posts

Back