Yuskevich has to go to the Vet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocelyn13

Reaction score
About a week ago I noticed the rabbit had a funny little bump on her leg, and than a few days ago I wanted to show my mom and when I tried to pick up Yuskevich, she started thrashing around. Finally I calmed her done enough for my mom to see and the growth had grown, its still not that big, but it seems to be very sore,and its getting longer instead of bigger all over. Today I have to call the vet and I am worried. We want to try and get her in tommorow.Any ideas on what it could be?

Do you have any photos?

We need a more detailed description in order to venture some guesses.

What is the shape of the bump? (round or irregular)

What is the size?

Does it have hair on it?

Is it smooth, hard, crusty, squishy?

Does it easily move?

Any unusual color?

Is it getting longer along the skin or sticking out?

Some possibilities,

abscess

bot fly larvae

growth due to viral infection

tumor

hematoma

muscle injury

Pam

Its getting longer, it doesnt have hair, and its smooth.

Now I have to find a rabbit vet. Easier said than done. I emailed the winnipeg humane society to help me find an affordable rabbit vet.

I am becoming very impacient with the humane society they still have not called me back. I can not afford Winrose or Centenical because they both charge through the nose and I am a University student. My mom called and booked an apointment with some random vet in our area without asking any questions about there experience with rabbits or what they charge, and she booked it for a day I could not even go. So I made her cancel that.

How much does a checkup even cost?

PS She is very healthy other than the growth and as of right now its not actually affecting her but it seems to be sore if you touch it

Definitely sounds like your little girl needs to see a vet asap, even if she is acting healthy. If you cannot find a rabbit-savvy vet, then perhaps you could take her to one who is close in the interim, and ifthey don't feel confident in treating your bunny,then ask if they would be willing to do a phone consult with someone who does treat rabbits on a regular basis. They should be able to give you an idea of what the problem is, at least.

As far as cost, my vet charges $50.00 for an exam, along with the cost of medications or treatment that might be involved, if any. There is a rabbit-savvy vet here in the city - too far away for me to have access to him, unfortunately - and I believe his rates start around $70-$80for an exam. The cost depends upon the vet and the clinic, but the basics in this area seems to start at $50.00.

Another option...some vets will also set up a payment plan for people who cannot afford the entire cost at once. If lucky, you might be able to find a vet who would be willing to do this for you.

I hope your little girl gets better soon....hugs and prayers for her...:hug2:

Latest posts

Back