Yummy foods and toys?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubybaby

Reaction score
Hello I was wondering what are some good snackish kinda foods for my rabbit, as well what are some toys for her, she gets bored sometimes and I hate for her to be bored :( and toys I can make from home? And maybe a way to make her cage more homeish for her. Thanks!

Treats depend on her age and current diet. How old is she? What is she currently eating on a daily basis?
If she's still very young, hand-feeding her pellets make them a treat in her eyes.

Empty tp or paper towel tubes make great toys. You can also tightly pack them with hay.
Plain brown paper lunch bags can also be used for toys. Wicker balls, seagrass mats, carboard boxes...

boxes fun.jpg

I poke holes in toilet rolls and stuff sultanas in them. My bun rolls and moves the toilet roll around and nibbles out the sultanas as she goes. Be careful not to use too many sultanas as they are a treat. Another toilet roll trick I do is cut them into quarters and put peices of her fresh fruit or veggies in them and hide them in places where she goes. Or even create a trail (Hansel and Gretel style). My bun follows the trail and as she gets to each toilet roll ring she picks it up in her mouth and tosses it to the side revealing her food underneath. I use 1-2 basil leaves in each ring or I slice up a small strawberry and use that. In terms of snacks try freezing some slices or chunks of banana, watermelon, Apple etc... It takes them a bit longer to eat them or they just lick them. Perfect in hot months too!

Latest posts

Back