Yuki has a mass in his abdomin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is staying over night which is making me freak out they gave him some meds to speed up his motablisim and gorse feed him the critical care and X-rays tomorrow if he is not better :(:(:(

I think that what you are saying is that his GI tract is not moving and the vet is attempting to get it moving again. I don't think that you are saying he has a tumor like mass in his abdomen.
Anyway please let us know how he is doing
I hope that he is better by tomorrow ...........

Yeah not a tourmor but she is nit sure if it is the GI track either she said it might be scar tissue or a blockage in the GI it is about 3 inches long 1.5 wide and feels flat to her :') still so worried they gave him cisapride and the same stuff for tiger just smaller dose for her jelly poop which is back

Flash Gordon wrote:
so if theres a blockage why are they force feeding him.?.i hope ur little Yuki is ok ...update us please

Because if there is a blockage then the rabbit will not eat and that does cause problems and they won't drink either so they should do sub-q fluids on this rabbit.

I hope Yuki gets better!

They are doing subq fluids and oral fluids and food on my see to visit him now with some treats to help him to eat on his own his vitals are good ph in the pee are normal and temp and heart rate are good! He is a fighter that's for sure so I am not going o give up on him I'll fight as long as he will!

Sweetie wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
so if theres a blockage why are they force feeding him.?.i hope ur little Yuki is ok ...update us please

Because if there is a blockage then the rabbit will not eat and that does cause problems and they won't drink either so they should do sub-q fluids on this rabbit.

I hope Yuki gets better!
i understand that but if there is a blockage ...hows the food gonna get PAST that blockage?

The mass has gotten smaller it is now about 2 inches long. And 1 inch wide and I little bumpy not flat like yesterday he looks much better today he is eating a vary small amount on his own still on critical care 4 times a day and subq fluids and oral fluids as well he has his well let's call it spunk back thumping after feedings and checks he ripped up all the paper lining in his kennel lol sounds more like my yuki then yesterday

That is great Yuki is doing better! I will pray that Yuki continues his recovery.

Flash Gordon: if the vet gives the rabbit pineapple juice, freshly squeezed, that will help remove at least some of the blockage so that the food will pass. Or they can do Bio Sponge.

Thank you vary much for the well wishes and thoughts I think the vet has fallen in love with him hehe he is just so cute and gave her kisses today thought she was going to cry! And the vet tech was up set she didn't get any kisses they were talking about letting him come home tomorrow if he is still improving if not he will stay until she feels comfortable that he is ok and eating enough on his own

thank you so much guys it means alot to me
I just got an update from the vet a few hours ago and the mass/lump has gotten smaller again!! it is now about the size of a walnut she said but he is still not eating on his own she thinks it is in his stomach and may be the reason he is not eating on his own, she would like him to stay another night and i am fine with that he seems to be thriving there and improving rapidly concidering she was talking about putting him to sleep if had gotten worse so i am overall happy he is doing so well she didn't expect him to bounce back so fast and i am so proud of my little fighter i am going to visit him soon got some carrot shavings for him since he doesn't like normal carrots weird little bunny, i will post after i see him if anything has changed!!

Yuki is still doing good! The vet said he is a miracle bunny for it to have cleared so fast i am just happy he is doing better. He is still at the vet and might be for another night still untill the rest of the mass is gone and he is eating normaly

My bet wasn't in today but the other vet was and she said there was no change from yesterday he is pooping more and still peeing alot from the critical care they are making it more watery for him to get more fluids in him so the mass will break up I fed him a little today and the vet tech got jalous lol she said it was her job to do that that's why he is there lol then she took him to feed him I thnk she is going to miss him quite a bit. It's not hard to feed really nif he would stop squirming for a bit when I do it lol he is such a brat!

Latest posts

Back