You've heard about dead end jobs! Get this one

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linz_1987

Reaction score
This might become very long.. but overall all Iwant is help with writing my notice, and it won't be easy, as I want toalso tell them what I think about the company.... If im aloud to in anotice ;)

I started a cleaning job in Jan/Feb for 5:30am - 8:00am every morning - cleaning a big super market (waitrose)

The first month was alright, but its just gone down hill from there.

(I must state its not the supermarket that is involved in any of this,its a seperate company they employ. So you cant blame the super marketcompany.)

As I said, we areSUPPOSE to start at 5:30am everymorning. The SUPERVISOR doesn't turn up until 5:45 most days,and a few times has managed to turn up at 10 too 6. Whichleaves me and the other workers hanging around waiting for thesupervisor to turn up. And we got up at 5:00am especially forwork, we may aswell of got up at 5:30am because of her.

We cant carry on with our cleaning until she gets there, as she has thekey to the cleaning cupboard. Which leaves us about 2 hoursto do all our jobs, which normally take 2 and a half hours.There is no way you can do it all in that amount of time.

Secondly, after a month of working there, we ran out of all chemicalsto clean with. 2 Months later, we still hadnt got anycleaning chemicals. We had to scrub everything twice as hardwith just water! Even the toilets, which is absalutelydisgusting. Which obviously, took us twice as long.So we ended up missing out jobs.

The manager of the cleaning company came in a few timesduring the2 months and complained about our standards ofwork. Everything not being clean enough etc... But what dothey expect with just H2o to clean with!

Last month another cleaning manager came in, as the normal one was onholiday. I told him I wasnt impressed as we hadnthad any chemicals for 2 months. He wasnt impressed himselfatall. By the end of the week, we had got some chemicals!:colors:

The manager of the supermarket has recently (last week) complainedabout the floors upstairs being patchy. So now we have toscrub twice as hard as we normally would, to please themanager. Due to doing this, I havent had time to do my otherjobs. (This is all only in one week).

The cleaning manager came again today and had ago at me and told me mycleaning wasnt up to standards. And If I dont improve by nextmonth they are going to 'have to let me go'.

I have been saying to myself ever since I started this job that I amgoing to hand in my notice next week, and so on and so on.But I never actually bothered. But today has really annoyedme. I cant stand it any longer. I just need to getout of there asap. Its a months notice, so I cant get out asquick as I would of liked. But i really need some help inwriting in my notice, and I would like to tell them somehow that itisnt my fault the cleaning isnt up to your standards, and that thehaving no chemicals is extremely and utterly filth and very appauling.

I would really apreciate all your help! As I do want to hand it in tomorow! The sooner the better.

Thankyou :)

That feel better now my rant is over!:rant:

Wow, that stinks. I don't know if this is anyhelp to you but when I wanted to hand in my notice to a job that Ihated, I stressed for days and started and restarted, over and over. Ihad so much I wanted to say but in the end, I ended up handing my bossa short paragraph that basically said "Please consider this my two weeknotice." On my last day I had an exit interview with the president ofthe company where I was able to voice my opinion.

Don't stress about writing your notice, just be glad to be moving on!

Thankz!

I have just found out by my friend (who works there only weekends) thatit is only a weeks notice! :DShe is also handing in hernotice tomorow aswell, hehe.

I have just finished writing my notice. I would normally put'Thankyou for the experience I have gained bla bla bla' in a notice,but I have been as blunt as anything lol.

Basically, I am giving you a weeks notice, so bye. Ofcoursenicely. But I will say to them what i think about it alltomorow in person, as is my friend.

Thank you for all the help! :cool:

I will tell you the gossip tomorow! ;)

Latest posts

Back