You've gone to the bunnies when....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
[align=center]You spend more time in the Rabbitry than the house.[/align]
[align=center]The mailman brings more show catalogs than mail addressed to "Occupant".[/align]
[align=center]You have a phone extension in the rabbitry.[/align]
[align=center]You spend more time cleaning nest boxes than cleaning the house.[/align]
[align=center]You lay awake at night thinking of rabbit names.[/align]
[align=center]You plan your vacation around the ARBA convention and your Breed's National Show.[/align]
[align=center]You spend every week-end at rabbit shows and your in-laws are beginning to wonder if they'll ever see the grand kids again.[/align]
[align=center]Your rabbit meds cost more than the kids doctor bills.[/align]
[align=center]Your very first rabbit is now a great-great grandmother.[/align]
[align=center]You have "your own line".[/align]
[align=center]You turn down a dinner date with your boss because a new doe is about to kindle.[/align]
[align=center]You spend more at the feed store than the grocery store.[/align]
[align=center]You've visited more Rabbitries than National Monuments.[/align]
[align=center]You 8 year old can recite every breed of rabbit but doesn't know the President's name.[/align]
[align=center]You ask for a rabbit fur coat for Christmas but want the rabbit in it.[/align]
[align=center]For your Birthday you want a roll of wire and j-clips.[/align]
[align=center]You have more rabbit dates than people dates on your calendar.[/align]
[align=center]The man at the feed store knows you better than your hairdresser.[/align]
[align=center]You can pack 10 carriers in the back of a compact car but can't load suitcases for vacation.[/align]
[align=center]You'll drive 400 miles at 2 in the morning for a rabbit show but going across town to your mother-in-law's for dinner is "too far".[/align]
[align=center]You know every herb a rabbit likes but haven't a clue what to use with tomato sauce.[/align]
[align=center]Your electric bill in the barn is higher than the house.[/align]
[align=center]Your rabbits have air conditioning but you don't.[/align]
[align=center]Your rabbits have their own freezer for water bottles.[/align]
[align=center]Your kids can calculate probabilities of litter colors but are stumped in science class.[/align]
[align=center]Your greeting cards all have rabbits on them.[/align]
[align=center]Your gift packages all have rabbits on them.[/align]
[align=center]You have pictures of all your rabbits only a few of your first born son.[/align]
[align=center]Your spouse refers to you as "the person who takes care of the rabbits."[/align]
[align=center]You have a smoke alarm in the barn but not in the kitchen.[/align]
[align=center]It's midnight and you're exhausted but take one last walk through the barn to be sure all the babies are in their box.[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]~~~[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Shared w/ permission of Barbi Brown:[/align]
[align=center]http://www.barbibrownsbunnies.com/gonetorabbits.htm[/align]

Ah! There's a bunch more lines I can come up with to add :bunnydance:...

You've gone to the bunnies when...

The only thing you have organized is your pedigree book. (That reminds me... I gotta balance the checkbook - almost time to get more rabbit food.)

You're the happiest when a new litter is born... (Oh yeah hunny, I'm happy with you too... so on our trip to Nationals....)

You're rabbits get fed before the family does. (Dinner? Eh, who needs dinner anyways!)

You will willingly go out in the pouring rain or freezing ice twice a day to make sure all the rabbits are okay, fed, and watered... but you gripe and groan about having to go out in that weather to do ANYTHING else.

Your husband wonders where you've been all day, "You left your cell phone at home and I couldn't reach you", to which you respond "Nowhere... I've been home, in the backyard with the rabbits".

Every conversation you have somehow evolves into a conversation regarding rabbits. :cool:

Well from my experience:

...you've gone to the bunnies when you respond to "rabbit" just as fast as you do
your own name...

I have been given the nick name "rabbit" by my room mate, and now alot of people at school are now calling me that. I don't mind, it's the first nickname I've ever had, and it's not a bad one either. He decided to call me that since I'm constantly looking at this bunny forum, or some other rabbit material online when I take a break from studying.

--Dawn

aurora369 wrote:
Well from my experience:

...you've gone to the bunnies when you respond to "rabbit" just as fast as you do
your own name...

I have been given the nick name "rabbit" by my room mate, and now alot of people at school are now calling me that. I don't mind, it's the first nickname I've ever had, and it's not a bad one either. He decided to call me that since I'm constantly looking at this bunny forum, or some other rabbit material online when I take a break from studying.

--Dawn
My nickname from my boyfriend is "Mama conejo" which means "Mother Rabbit" in spanish. And everyone at work always asks me how my children are doing, referring to my rabbits. hehe

Bumping this since we have new breeders on here that I thought might enjoy it!

Peg

I am currently looking at buying a newcar. Besides the reliablility and safety points, it has tofit just as many or even more carriers than my Camry doesnow. That is sad! The first thing I think of is,"How many crates can I fit in the backseat?"

Sharon

Just in case anyone is wondering, my 2000 Toyota Camrycan fit10 crates in the backseat... mind you, I have Dutch and Woolies...theyare small.

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
Just in case anyone is wondering, my 2000 ToyotaCamrycan fit 10 crates in the backseat...
Backseat ... I would remove it completely. :tongutwo:

Which reminds me, I still have an emptycage in thevan. Just incasethere was a bunny available.

Rainbows! :upsidedown:

I have a few more but I don't know if they're that good:

You know you've gone to the bunnies when:

Your halls have more pictures of your bunnies then of your family (I just made this one up!)

You look for every rabbit book instead of the latest issue of "People"

You make sure your rabbits have enough room in the car and don't worry that your kids have to share a seat together

Those are the only ones i have and I made them all up! they're pretty good! :laugh:

2bunmom wrote:
Buya Toyota Matrix like I did and you can lay the back seatsdown!!! My rabbits enjoy riding init!!!:) Beckie

I am currently looking through the lastest issue of Consumer Reports atall the 2007 cars. I do want to look at the Matrix in person.

Sharon

So was buying a Ford Windstar so we could take bunnies to shows a bit extreme?

(Ok - so it wasn't the only reason we bought it).

But its a 2003...

Peg

Oh, yeah, I can relate! I am shopping for a cartoo, and I know I need lots of passenger space for my human kids-butthe seats have to lay down/come out for my rabbit carriers! One of mymain requirements, LOL.

Hehe-this is cute. I don't relate to this onewhen it comes to rabbits, but when it comes to cavies OH YES! LOL. AllI talk about is cavies. My friends at school just want me to shut upabout cavies, same with my family! :DI spend more timeshopping for cavy stuff and getting more cavy stuff than shopping formyself. The eletric bill has been a bit higher since the cavies havebeen in their climate controlled shed. My parents' 4Runner has its mainpurpose for... picking up cavy feed, a bale of hay, and bedding at thesame time, and if we have a bunch of cavies, and 4 or more people to goto cavy shows. My parents have a Prius, so we mostly take that to cavyshows, now. I spend so much time thinking up cavy names... I have alist of almost 200 names to use for the cavies! I always go into thestores thinking of things I could get for the kids (cavies!) at home.My dad knows that when I go to Costco or Sam's club, I keep looking forthe creative cubes... but not anymore, since we have more than 120 ofthose cube panels!

Whenever I'm on the computer, I always have to go to some kind of cavy website or forum.

And yesterday I set up a 7' x 14' creative cube pen just for the caviesto have a blast in... it's GIANT! My 11 sows were in it yesterday, theyhad so much fun! 98 square feet!!!! I'll have my boars in it sometimesoon... But through all the money, time, craploads of poop and pee andbedding cleaned, just having the cavies are worth it!

You have cavies? I think they are so cute. Ikeep trying to talk my Hubby into letting me get one, but he says 5cats and a dog in the house is plenty! LOL Are they really cuddly, canyou hold them and stuff? I overheard a cavie breeder talking to someoneat a show recently, and she said something about this particular onethey were looking at liked to be held and said it was unusual.

bumping this thread for breeders (and others) who could use a laugh today....

Latest posts

Back