You're HOW old?!?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What age category do you fit into?

• I'm under 21

• I'm 21-29

• I'm a 30-something

• I'm 40+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bunnicula wrote:
Michaela wrote:
If you want to find out who's Birthday is coming up, click on "Calendar" at the top of the forum, will show you them all. :) (Two weeks today til mine ;))
Really? When I click that I just get a blank calendar where you can input events.

Am I missing something?

(My birthday is next week. :shock: Wonder what my hubby's got up his sleeve?)

I never knew what the calender was for either!:shock:You learn something knew every day.;)

And happy birthday to Bunnicula for next weekand Sooska for tomorrow.:D

jcottonl02 wrote:
I just didnt realise that was something that happened and wondered why. Sozzy- i confuse myself sometimes :D

I think it's hard enough for people from countries other than the US and Canada to get recognition (because things are done so differently), we don't need to be discriminated for our age too. ;)

It's not a huge thing. Mainly just that rabbits are housed quite differently in the two countries. Like in the UK it's most common to have buns outdoors with large hutches/sheds/hutch-run combos, where that's not done so much in the US, it's more inside housing.

Sometimes members from other countries (andI don't just mean Americans)don't understand, don't agree with outdoor housing, I've been accused of being cruel to my rabbits in the past. Thankfully most people hereare very understanding and accepting though.:D

Ahhh I see. Yeah my buns hutches are just outside the french doors, and even though my hutch and run are lovely and big and I am very happy with them and my buns living in them (they come in and have the run of a couple of rooms too) I have also been made to feel the way you do. I just don't think of it any more.
Yeah everyone here is lovely :). I'm quite surprised. In such a big group of people you are bound to get some people who aren't very nice, but not here lol.

Yep, the huge majority of regulars here are sooo nice!:groupparty: Other forums this size are not so peaceful at all :shock:, lol.

Yep it doesn't bother me anymore either, I think/hope most people realise how much careI give my buns. They (Pebble and Ebony) have a big playhouse which is getting a makeover at the mo :)biggrin2:) and a huge run my dad built for me - I know they are two very happy bunnies. (Maddie is indoors, and well, she's just a princess and she knows it ;)).

lol i can understand why some of the younger forum members might not want to put their age if they feel they would be undermined, but i think what Bunnicula said about putting in what you are happy with is a good idea.

I started my own business when i was 20 and a lot of my staff have been older than me, it is amazing how many people automatically come in and talk to the older member of staff assuming there is no way i would be the boss, gives them a fright when they realise though lol, i don't mind i think its quite amusing especially when they start stuttering when they realise they made a mistake and try to make amends:)so i can totally understand why you feel like that,

happy birthday Sooska:D

lol that must be quite a good feeling- being that young and owning a business and people being surprised :p.

I guess it natural to make assumptions of people's ages, but I guess if those assumptions aren't corrected once that person speaks to you etc. then that is when it is not right. Some people don't give you the chance to prove you are mature and sensible, if you're young, or younger than they would expect. I bet some people were a bit kind of turning their nose up at u when they came in, if they were older than u, becuase they wouldn't have thought a younger person would have acheived more than them. I guess its also about self-confidence too- whether people have to do that to younger people etc.

Well i have a big gob so i usually put people back in their place pretty quick lol. But most folk can't believe what i have done, i always ask any new members of staff that they can handle the fact that they have to work for someone younger than them but so far i have had no problems and they always tell me i am a good boss lol (mostly when they are drunk though :D) I have had to put clients back in their place if they take advantages on my staff and some clients think i am a bit of a bitch but i will not let anyone treat my staff badly, they give respect they get respect back.

Thats the way i work, most people seem to think its amazing what i have done but you work with the card s you are dealt and i have done what i can to set myself apart form the competition.

I find it quite a laugh,my mum works on reception and i still get people saying whats it like working for your mum!! sometimes i set them straight sometimes i don't depends what mood i am in :)

People have been like WOW you look so young, but i know my stuff and i don't lie so i get a lot of respect and repeat business off that. Anyway you don't have to be old to be wise but it helps lol, Old head young shoulders and all that :)

This place is the nicest most calm forum I've EVER been a member of, even when people are trying to put their point across they are SO nice about it! :)

I am a member of another forum (not a rabbit one but some people here are members, so it shall remain nameless) and most people their are so opinionated they don't care what they say or who they upset as long as they get their point across!

Well well done! You've obviously worked really hard and got where you wanted- and u deserve it. :D
Yeah you certainly can't judge a person's intellect and knowledge or anything like that from their age or what they look like. And your a prime example of that.:)

i have to say i don't know how much i would pay attention to an age unless i was going to reply and it might upset but i do try not to do that, I reckon a person is just that no matter what age, it is great that so many people of so many different ages can get on so well and are brought together by such wonderful creatures. I also like that this forum has so many people from other countries. its just a really nice place:)

Looks like we have several birthdays this month from what folks have shared...today my twins turn 23...

Peg

TinysMom wrote:
Looks like we have several birthdays this month from what folks have shared...today my twins turn 23...

Peg

My mother always says we should celebrate her on my birthday because she did all the work! :shock: Well if that is true, then, Peg...you deserve a DOUBLE CELEBRATION today! (And congratulations on raising twins. I'm certain there are times when that was a lot of work...but it probably brought double the joy, too!)

-Mary Ellen

I'm 23 and just the other day while i was on the phone conducting some business regarding a loan, i forgot how old I was! I couldn't remember if I was 22 or 23 and I had to actually count the years starting from my date of birth!

Oh I do that all the time.

What is hard for me is when I have to give my social security number. For 20+ years Art was in the Air Force where all of OUR records went by HIS number....

And I was once shopping somewhere and I had to put my phone number on a check....I don't know why - but I almost put my best friend's phone number on there (and she was in a different area code!).

Peg

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
I'm 23 and just the other day while i was on the phone conducting some business regarding a loan, i forgot how old I was! I couldn't remember if I was 22 or 23 and I had to actually count the years starting from my date of birth!

Latest posts

Back