Your Favorite Pet(s)!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StickyBird

Reaction score
I was inspired to do this after posting about myself to Gabby.

Of course we love all the petswe've had in the past, but what were the ones that stood out most inyour mind? Who were the ones that bonded to you themost?

I'd have to say for me it's beenmy old parakeet Sticky Bird, and my rabbit Umbra.

Sticky was the first real pet Iever had besides goldfish (which were actually my parents').I swear the way that he and I interacted was beyond the normal boundsof animals and human interaction! I still remember notthinking of getting out of school to watch cartoons in the afternoon,but to go play with Sticky! He was a free-flying parakeet,and pretty much flew to wherever he wanted to in the house.He loved these things: to feed seeds to the parakeet in the mirror, todip his seeds in water first and then eat them, to drink water from thefaucet, to sit on my Uncle Brian's nose, to sit on my Dad's friend'sglasses, to sit on my head and to go under my long hair, to be itchedon the side of his head, and eat Fritos.

Umbra I'm still learning about howto interact with, but I swear nothing was as cute as last night, whenhe actually liked me kissing him on the head! And for once heactually liked me nose-rubbing him! I was so happy!Nor can anything beat watching a happy rabbit binky. I wouldsay more, but I'm gonna make people's eyes pop out of their sockets ifit's any longer!

So anyway, enough about my pets, what about your favorites?!

--Melissa and Umbra

Well, I've never really had many pets. Myfavourite old pet...hmm..I'd have to say was Hagen. He was my littlebrown teddy bear hamster. He died at the age of 2, and sadly got thrownin the garbage :( He loved to eat sunflower seeds, and run around onyour arms and go into your shirt. He'd often put his nose up to mineand sit there, he was very cute... RIP Hagen!

There've been so many favorites that i can'treally choose, i guess my white, fluffly cat named fluffly. I had herwhen i was like eight, she'd follow me around as i cantered and prancedaround and pretented to eat grass like a horse.

Ellie

My favorite animal is probably Stanley. I love all my animals but he's just really special in some way. :)

He loves to binky, and he'll pull himself up my shirt to stand just alittle taller and get a treat out of my mouth, and sometimes follow mearound, and let me pet him for forever. :angel:

My favorite pet ever was my dog Chloe.She was my best friend. She had the cutest floppy earsandsweet little monkey eyes. We went everywheretogether. She was a good guard dog and a littlelover. :D When my mom couldn't wake me up forschool, she would let Chloe in and Chloe would charge full speed intomy room and bound up onto my bed and shower me with crazykisses. I would hear her coming and have to bracemyself. :p The thought of that, just now, broughttears to my eyes. She died just about 2 months ago at 15years of age. I miss her dearly and I think of her everyday.

I was actually just thinking about thisearlier. One of the best pets I've ever had is Jersey, one ofmy beautiful rats. I adopted her with 4 other girls, but Iimmediately made a connection with her that lasted. When Ilet them all out on my bed for the first time, the other 3 girlsexplored my bedsheets. Jersey, on the other hand, ran up tome, ran up onto my chest and started licking my face! How canyou turn away from that? I miss her so much! I wishI could get more rats, they are such honest and generous creatures, butI developed allergies that may be related to them.

:tears2:

NightPoet00 wrote:
I was actually just thinking about this earlier.One of the best pets I've ever had is Jersey, one of my beautifulrats. I adopted her with 4 other girls, but I immediatelymade a connection with her that lasted. When I let them allout on my bed for the first time, the other 3 girls explored mybedsheets. Jersey, on the other hand, ran up to me, ran uponto my chest and started licking my face! How can you turnaway from that? I miss her so much! I wish I couldget more rats, they are such honest and generous creatures, but Ideveloped allergies that may be related to them.

:tears2:
Awww, NP, Jersey sounds so sweet, i love all rodents, somepeople think that rats and hammies are dumb and show no affection butthey really do. One of my hammies, Teddi, will comeover tothe side of the cagewhen she hears me enter the room or italk to her....

This may seen very obvious, but my favorite petever is of course my bunny, Bunny! He isthe firstpet that is solely my responsiblility and he just makes me happy nomatter what. He may not be the friendliest, (that would go toPacho, my chow/cocker spaniel dog, may he rest in peace), but he sureis the cutest and funniest bunny ever! He is almost like mychild and I worry about him and care for him the way I would if I had achild!

-k

kfonz wrote:
Heis almost like my child and I worry about him and care for him the wayI would if I had a child!

-k

I know the feeling! My poor babies would never get along in the "real world".

For myself, it's a tie between my two bunnies. They are, like kfonz,totally mine and their care rests solely in my hands. Of course I loveall my animals in a different way, but Tyr and Loki have a specialplace in my heart.

My first pet was of bunny of course! lol RIP Lizzy

Lizzy.jpg

Latest posts

Back