Your favorite hobby?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaityJuju

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I figured since in recent months things haven't always been as positive as people would want, that it may be a fun idea to ask all of you what your favorite hobby is? Maybe it's also a talent of yours like making artwork, cooking, or playing a video game. Just a light-hearted discussion to help people take the focus off hard stuff right now.

I'll go first; I have 2 favorite hobbies, the first is creating art of unique creatures, or anything I can think of. My 2nd favorite is playing video games, particularly one called Guild Wars 2. Both of these help take my mind off things when anxiety gets the best of me. I've been drawing since I was a kid and have learned to self-master this skill so it would qualify as my hobby/talent

Now it's your turn! :)

This is such a fun idea! ☺️
I’d love to see a picture of you’re creatures and/or art if you have any!

I’ve always loved art, however I am no good at it at all, so I do draw on occasion but I wouldn’t say it’s a hobby.

I also have two favourite hobbies.

My older brother and I are very interested in politics and law, and just so happen to have a fairly different view on both of those things. So that goes into my first favourite hobby.
I really love (friendly) debating. Whether I’m good at it or not, i don’t know. I (usually) go to a debate club every week and our family dinners can get pretty heated whenever someone brings up the news. 😅

My second favourite hobby is reading!
I must own over a hundred books, which are scattered all around my parents houses.
They vary from Science fiction, to historical fiction, to classics, but I’ve been more interesting in reading classic books since my grandmother gave a lot of very old books for me, last Christmas.

I have don't have a favorite hobby so I will list some of my favorites.
1. Reading: I read mostly historical fiction/romance.
2. Flying: My grandfather owns 2 private planes and I love flying them! It is so freeing! (just so you know, I never fly alone because that is illegal. I always fly with him.)
3. Gardening: My other grandfather loves gardening, and he has taught me everything he knows. My garden has not been successful this year, but I have high hopes for next year.
4. Crocheting: I enjoy making lots of baby stuff for all the babies at our church.
5. Macrame: I have just recently picked up this hobby, but I really enjoy it.

Hmm, can’t really say what’s my favorite hobby because I shift my hobbies most of the time. But right now I’m into reading books specially Chines novels (translated to english, love the writing of the novels are so different to what I’m used with), so right now it’s travel back in time books, rebirth books and one book about Mecha ☺️

My interest in books also shift from classic to horror, dystopia, detectives and of course sci-fi books. Myself also read manga at the side.

I love watching movies and series I’m a sci-fi lover but I have watch quite a lot of different movies it’s all from silent movies (black and white) to extremly bad movies. So I have a few subscriptions of movies sites, I ony have 4 right now but will be 5 towards summer. Right now I’m into watching series about doctors while anime it’s fantasy and horror. So I’m a regulare at watching movies at the cinema, but that hobby have been put on the side 😣

Myself also love playing video-games and computer, but I get a rush when I play. So I had to put it to the side while I study. Otherwise I will prioritize wrong and lose focus. So to be responsible for once I got rid of my gameboy, ps, nintendo and wii. I only have my nintendo 360 among all the consoles I have owned and the games while my gaming computer is just collecting dust.

When I start working I will likely buy a few things back, specially a gameboy color and nintendo switch to play a few pokemon games. But as long I don’t play any games I won’t get the rush and excitement I feel when I play. I think if I didn’t have such good control on myself I would be addicted to games.

Sometimes I play mobile games I just started to play demo and I’m not good at it, so there will be a risk I will focus on it the whole summer, so I can get better. Or I’ll just focus on trying to find what I’m supposed to write for my bachelor exam, I have a few science studies and signed up for proof-reading a book within the area I’ll be focus on. I just haven’t decided what my angel of view I will focus on. So if I can figure it out during the summer, I can reach out to some researchers and ask if they can be my supervisor.

So even though I’m getting a summer break and don’t have re-exams there a big chance I will spend my time to study and doing research 😂

A few of mine:

1) Weightlifting. Really helps to have a basement gym when everything's closed! This is probably the best stress reliever and natural high one can get. This has always been a big part of my life. It's a personal/do-alone thing for me, too -- I'm not a fan of group workouts or workout partners. It's a time to be alone, in my own head, and push myself.

2) HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts). This is just a fancy name for fencing based on extant historical treatisies. My interest is 16-17th century German longsword. There are a surprising number of HEMA groups throughout the USA and Europe; I just found out about it and started a year ago. If you're ever in a park and see people wearing fencing masks, fighting with big swords, and see tons of books lying around, it's probably a local HEMA group.

3) Numismatics. I have tons of books and focus my research on economic & monetary policy of the late 15th century Burgundian Netherlands. Specifically, from the monetary reform of Charles the Bold in 1474 to the beginning of Philip the Fair's majority in 1495. I'd like to publish a book on the subject one day... for fun, obviously, not profit :)

Great idea starting this topic! Here are my favorite hobbies:

1. I love crocheting blankets, rabbits, baby shoes that look like jordans😆... It is a very relaxing hobby! (And sometimes knitting.)
2. Spending time with my rabbits!
3. I enjoy drawing people and rabbits a lot.
4. Sometimes I follow Bob Ross tutorials. I always get stressed when I paint them though because I think that I am going to ruin it, but in the end it is worth it! They never quite look like his though! Lol!
5. I like to needle felt and make little rabbit or Ned (from twenty one pilots) sculptures!
6. Finally I like to read and write sometimes. :)

I love this thread! It's so fun to see everyone's niche interests beyond rabbits. I've got quite a few favorite hobbies!

- Archery: I shoot a traditional recurve bow and enjoy repairing my own arrows. It's a very calm activity that requires focus on breathing and stance, as well as a reminder that if I practice something every day, no matter how long, I will see improvement. It's fun too that the rabbits typically get to play in a pen behind me while I practice!
- Canoeing: I'm a pretty avid outdoorsman, and canoe camping is one of my favorite things to do, especially navigating rapids and whitewater. I used to work as a guide on 10-day white water canoe trips, which I loved. Unfortunately, I don't own a canoe right now and if I did I'm not able to load it up and take it out by myself, so I'm hoping to purchase a light kayak playboat this summer that I can take out by myself.
-Movies: I love watching sci-fi and horror and am always open to suggestions.
-Reading: While college has gotten in the way of a lot of pleasure reading, I still try to squeeze a book in when I can. I also really enjoy reading scientific studies based in my major, especially petty back and forth research between two scientists who disagree on a conclusion. As many folks who love books and movies on here, we should start a favorites and recommendations thread!

I used to buy distressed properties and completely go thru them til like new--took a lot of capital up front, but I could just about double my money in 2 or 3 months. When I was younger, I used to go backpacking and fishing for a couple of weeks in the late Summer--had 6 weeks vacation and 2 weeks personal leave so it was a great "stress relief". My dad was a Master Mechanic so I also used to go thru cars and rebuild and repair--just sent them out for uphostelry. Also liked doing wood working but sold all my equipment to a friend when we moved here 12 years ago.

It's surprising how many hobbies and interests i share with fellow rabbit owners, so here's my little list in no particular order:

1. Of course, hanging around my bun. I am currently doing what one would call voluntary work(school practice without pay) so i'm a bit busy with that and i get SOOOO frustrated when i have to spend a night away from my bun, especially in recent times as Musti was ill, i cared for him and right now as i want to develop at least a decent bond with Storm the new bun ASAP(in his own pace but still asap)

2. Art. I wanted to go to art college, but mum didn't let me leave my county so nope. Still i am quite passionate about it. I am mostly geared toward character designs, OCs and of course animals, whether they be fictional~alien like or beasts from this world. The illness and loss of my old+getting to know my new bun has sparked a peculiar interest in drawing those loppity flop buggies.

3. Gardening. It's a mild form of pastime, but still. This year we grow potatoes, two types of dill, radishes, lettucce and chinese cabbage. We also have indoor tomatoes. We'll see how the harvest will go.

4. Writing. I do a lot of writing of my thoughts, ideas and of course fantasy stories mostly based in present or past Earth. I also find it easier to sometimes communicafe my thoughts via text especially when it's a heavy topic. My most recent project's timeline is the 1840's. They, like my book preference, are mostly action-adventure stories.

5. Reading. If i had more time, i'd probably be a book hermit reading stories to my bun while he destroys phonebooks or something. Musti used to sit against me, facing the book as if he was reading along with me. He even tried to open a book cover and his teeth marks are still on it. Both my buns seem/ed to enjoy me reading to them. My faves are criminal-oriented action-adventure novels like "Six of Crows" and "Crooked Kingdom" by Leigh Bardugo if anyone is interested.

6. Animations. It doesn't matter what country it's from, if i think it's good i'll watch it. I personally believe that anime and cartoons/family films aren't just for kids, think everyone what you will. I enjoy them but i get why some people don't and it's okay.

7. Music. I enjoy listening to and singing along to music. No intention of bragging, but compared to my family, I am in fact so good at memorizing lyrics with melodies that for my most favourite songs when i hear the melody i know the words and reverse. Fun story: when i lost my phone at an acting camp i sang my fave songs without needing to look up the melody or verses whatsoever.

8. Thinking and being curious. I think so much that i'm bound to overthink some stuff and stress myself out more than i need to. The prime example is when Musti had to go. I've written about it in plenty of my other posts so i won't add it here too. If you have interest, you can look it up. I also like to think of stories to write, things to draw and how to be a better person in general. I'm the type of youth to constantly ask my parents the questions of "why" and "what if" and "how"

9. Being curious. It is kind of like a side effect or byproduct of thinking. I want to know more things than your average person so i'm naturally curious, just like buns. Perhaps that is why my teachers and family say that i'm smart and should've gone to a normal college instead of a vocational school. Sometimes i think that too but sometimes i disagree.

It's crazy how similar all of our interests are!
1. Reading. I can go for hours reading. I own too many books.
2. Growing herbs and suculants. I kill pretty much ever plant I get but somehow I learned how to grow herbs and suculants.
3. Canoeing. I can only canoe over summer at a summer camp I go to but when we have "choice time" at summer camp I'm always canoeing.
4. Sleeping. School=Waking Up=Me Being Tired=I Like To Sleep
5. Researching Dentistry. I have wanted to be a pediatric denstist for as long as I can remember. It brings me so much joy.
Of course I also love being with Oreo too!

I have too many hobbies! Other than rabbit & bird breeding I do:

1. Writing. I do a lot of creative writing, mostly fantasy & sci-fi genres
2. Drawing. I do lots of art (mostly digital but I have done some traditional art, such as my profile picture on this)
3. Birding. I like to go birdwatching. I'm still pretty new but I think I have a pretty decent list
4. Programming. I like developing databases and websites with php. I'm currently working on a browser-based rabbit breeding game
5. Reading. Oh boy do I have too many books. Fantasy and sci-fi mostly.
6. Roleplaying. Usually forum-based roleplays, sometimes tabletop roleplays such as Dungeons&Dragons
7 (edit). Oops I forgot video games too haha. Red Dead Redemption, the Witcher and Dragon Age are my favorites

Here's one of my digital art pieces:derrtaur6_2.png

Hello everyone,

I figured since in recent months things haven't always been as positive as people would want, that it may be a fun idea to ask all of you what your favorite hobby is? Maybe it's also a talent of yours like making artwork, cooking, or playing a video game. Just a light-hearted discussion to help people take the focus off hard stuff right now.

I'll go first; I have 2 favorite hobbies, the first is creating art of unique creatures, or anything I can think of. My 2nd favorite is playing video games, particularly one called Guild Wars 2. Both of these help take my mind off things when anxiety gets the best of me. I've been drawing since I was a kid and have learned to self-master this skill so it would qualify as my hobby/talent

Now it's your turn! :)
I do not really have hobbies. I went to art school but have only painted 1 portrait! I used to love to scrapbook and go to scrapbook night. I like to read. I have read at least 50 books this year....Many people would say my hobby is making babies as I have a large family.

Latest posts

Back