Your favorite beauty and health tips

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BinkyBunny

Reaction score
I wanted to see what everyone else's beauty and health trick gold is :). My two favorite tricks are:

1.) When I'm a little on the heavy side, I replace two meals a day with egg white omelets. Egg whites are 15 calories a piece and are cholesterol and fat free. Even if you have an 8 egg white omelet they are only 120 calories! It's a fantastic fit into your jeans by friday trick that doesn't leave you hungry :D

2.) When I notice that the skin underneath my eyes is looking like it's thinking about fine lines, I slather on vaseline under them over night. Sometimes I do this every night for a week in a row, or I will just do it intermittently. I always see great results. They look nice and plump and youthful by morning :D Be careful not to get this all over your face if you are very sensitive to break outs :biggrin2:

These two tricks have the added benefit of being very cost effective :happyrabbit:

Last edited:
I dont think I could live without my brown sugar scrub. The olive oil in it makes my skin super soft.
Our winters really dry out my skin so I tend to make alot of scrub.

I religiously dye my hair. I think it's been almost every colour under the sun! I like to soak in the bath with a nourishing conditioner on my hair for an hour (with a shower cap on too) ;) Then rinse, and once I'm out I slather on the macadamia oil. It's amazing for your hair and smells divine. :)

I still get break outs occasionally but i started using products with tea tree oil (a natural anti bacterial) and it has helped tremendously. some people have problems with it drying out their skin so you may have to moisturize better but its nice on my combination skin. or just use it as a spot treatment.

Also honey is very good for your face and will fade any scars you may have (as will lemon but i haven't tried lemon yet)

Tea tree oil soaps are also fantastic at getting things like grass stains out of clothing!

I'm trying to grow my hair out, so once a week before bed I take 2 eggs, a cup of extra virgin olive oil, two teaspoons of honey and a shower cap, and mix together the eggs, olive oil, and honey, and put it in my dry hair, then put on the shower cap and leave it in for an hour, then I rinse it out in cold water and condition it with sulfate free conditioner. Then I wrap it in a silk scarf and sleep with it that way. I wrap it in a silk scarf every night, though. It helps prevent dryness and breakage and knots. The eggs, olive oil, and honey condition and smooth hair and strengthen it. Right now my hair is at bra strap length, but I want it to be hip or tail bone length eventually. Last fall it was shoulder length.

I love tea tree ointment. We use it in place of neosporin here and I use it on my acne. I place a little on the pimple before bed and by morning it looks so mch better. Sometimes it takes a few nights to bring the pimple to a head but the tea tree helps reduce the redness and pain. If you tend to burn in the summer, mix equal parts tea tree, vitamin e and aloe. This takes the heat out of the burn and reduces the sentsitivity too.

I love my hair regimen -

I wash with 1 tablespoon of baking soda in 1 cup of warm water (and rinse well)

Then I rinse with apple cider vinegar (50/50 w water) and let it sit for a few minutes. (then again rinse)

Then I condition with a mixture of vodka, water and a glob of conditioner. I have an old conditioner bottle in the shower that I use for this. Just shake well before using.

It leaves my hair very soft & shiny, and I don't have a lot of flyaways

1. Olive oil makes awesome shave gel replacement, much better than any of that store-bought foamy stuff you can use.
2. Never wear high heels, ever! So awful for your feet and posture. Here's an x-ray of a foot in a high heel shoe:
http://themetapicture.com/x-ray-of-foot-in-high-heeled-shoe/
Your toes are not meant to support the weight of your body.
3. Don't wear cover up or foundation, the quality of product you're using doesn't matter as it will always clog your pores and age your skin quickly.

Latest posts

Back