Your family traditions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca

Reaction score
[align=center]Your Family Traditions[/align]
[align=left]Okay so everyone has their own Family traditions and I thought why not share them![/align]
[align=left]Christmas Eve:[/align]
[align=left]On Christmas eve we all go to the church and they hold a thing called "a christingal" where theres a lot of boring talking then a few prayers and christmas songs. Then before the last song they hand out oranges with a red ribbon around with a candle lit on the top and 4 cocktail sticks with jelly babies, raisins and peanuts on them. It all represents something but I can't remember them all! Then we sing one more hymn in the dark with just the candles and then we all walk home trying to keep our candles alight! Which is very hard because it is usually raining and windy around Christmas time! Then we have tea with the candles alight on the table. Then we read "The christmas story" together. Later on before little sis goes to bed she puts out the carrot and wine and mince pie for "Father Christmas" and "Rudolph" :? :biggrin2:[/align]
[align=left]Christmas Day:[/align]
[align=left]Me and Emily wake up at about 7 and run downstairs which wakes up the parents we run to our sacks (with the first letter of our name on) and start opening the presents while mum hurridly trys to write them all down for the thank you notes![/align]
[align=left]Then when me and em have opened ours we watch mum and dad open theirs. Then we all sit around the christmas tree and open the little presents and cards that we set around the tree. And we watch each other open each one.[/align]
[align=left]Then we eat breakfast before we pass out with hunger![/align]
[align=left]At about 11 nan and grandad come round and cook christmas dinner and we eat that. They go home at about 5 and then we go round our cousins house! It's a really fun day![/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Christmas is our main Traditions but other small ones that aren't really traditions are things that we do every week the same.[/align]
[align=left]Every Thursday nan and grandad come round and cook dinner for us and every Sunday we go and see my other nan and grampy at their house.[/align]
[align=left]Saturday nights we have take away then watch saturday night tv.[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]I think thats about it![/align]
[align=left][/align]

i don't know how many traditions we have, just things that we always do. we usually have thanksgiving dinner at grandma and grandpa's house and christmas at ours. easter is at grandma and grandpa's too. and we eat sunday dinner at their house most of the time. my little sister leaves cookies and milk for santa(she's Emily too!).

and then there's all the stuff with church. we always have a easter picnic and egg hunt, and a christmas party. santa always comes to that. last year it was my friends' dad, and i missed it because we were sick:grumpy:! and then there's the stuff us kids do every week. like my friend, he always messes with me(so does his dad, and my grandpa and uncle mike:p!) and i usually sit with him and his family and his guy friend because that's most of the teens and that way all the teens get to sit together. and the little kids always want to be talked to and held and loved on(they love me and my friend:biggrin2:).

i think that's about it. there might be more, but i don't feel like thinking. my head hurts from being sick, LOL!

Unfortunatly I can't say what our family tradition is on here, it might offend some :p. It's a greeting we always yell out to eachother but it's a bit strange lol!

My Christmas tradition is the only real tradition we have!

Christmas Eve: Go to our friends house for their Annual party. Kinda boring, a bunch of 'old' people and the only people my age are people I don't actually like or get along with..

Christmas Day: Wake up around half nine... I like to sleep in. Go get me and my Mums stockings from downstairs. Gather the cats on my Mums bed and open them all. Go downstairs and pack all our family presents in bags and in the car. Get all dressed up in our gladrags, drive to either one of my Aunties or Grandparents house, usually holding some kind of pudding and some kind of cheesecake/tart/quiche in the footwell. My Mum is the eldest of 3 sisters, so every year each sister gets assigned either nibbles, vegetables or puddings. My Nan always does the turkey and roasties.

Get to whoevers house we're at that year (I've never spent Christams at home, out house is always too small). At the house is usually my two Grandparents, my 2 Aunties and 2 Uncles, my 4 cousins, and sometimes 'Uncle Bert' and 'Auntie Molly' my Grandads uncle and aunt come too. Vernon, my Grandads best friend used to come too because he didn't have any close family, but he died a few years ago.

Nibble on all the food we have out. I have 3 male cousins and 1 female cousin. The boys usually go play table tennis, shoot stuff in the garden or play video games and me and my cousin Lizzie do eachothers makeup and stuff (I sound sad don't I?)

We eat lunch, after lunch we play The Name Game. Then we open presents. Everyone gives everyone a different present. We also get presents from Father Christmas which my Grandad helps Father Christmas pick out... we also get a box of Ferrero Rocher from 'an Absent Friend' as Vernon used to get everyone a box for Christmas and we always got him a bottle of wine, it was really sad when he passed.

After that we 'play' with our presents, eat more food. We watch the Queens speech then the Eastenders Christmas special before everyone sets off at around midnight.

When I get home me and my Mum open our presents from family friends and other people.

Wow that was long!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Apparently for my 16 and 10 year old sons.. their new family tradition is to greet each other by Kamikaze style surprise Junkpunches..

GoinBackToCali wrote:
Apparently for my 16 and 10 year old sons.. their new family tradition is to greet each other by Kamikaze style surprise Junkpunches..

hahaha!

'the boys'(what i call my friend and his friend.....they'are normally the only two boys at church, so it works..............i also call the cats and Jamie 'the boys':p!)have a thing about doing fist bumps and stuff like that..........with my little sister! i always fuss about it and #1 finally stopped(my friend). but #2 won't(#1's friend). she's a little girl for pete's sake:grumpy:!

No family = no traditions. Oh well, better with out
confused3.gif

All my "family" lives in New York. Since I live in AZ and my dad and step mom live in the next town over, we will probably go to their house for Christmas afternoon/dinner. Who knows where Ryan's mom's house will fit in there. Secretly...I'd rather skip that :p.

Ryan and I are excited this year to have our own house for Christmas. We are going to get a tree in a pot from the Home Depot, then plant it outside once Christmas is over.

This all depends on if Ryan leaves for Navy BCT at that time, but I don't know if they have it during Christmas or not? We'll have to see :).

Latest posts

Back