Your cages 2008 - No comments please!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaela

Reaction score
[align=center]There is another cages thread for 2008, here where you are free to post comments.

This thread is just for pictures, and a description if you like, of your cage(s). I'm sure you all agree, it can be difficult when you want to get inspiration, or just look at other cages, if the thread is full of comments, so this will make it easy to see just pictures. :)

Any comments posted in this will be removed - if you have a question, feel free to PM the person and ask them.

All kinds of cages can be posted, not just NIC. :)
[/align]

Hamster home on top, guinea pig home in the middle, rabbit home on bottom

2007_1227misc0026.jpg

For our Netherland Dwarf:

DSC00671.jpg

Two-Story Economy Rabbit Cage
  • 36" x 30" x 30"
  • 2½" plastic slide out pan
  • 2 full floors with ½" x 1" floor wires
  • Flip-top opening for access to top level
  • Front door for access to bottom level
  • Price: $115

Wash's cage, the right hand corner opens up. He has a different floor mat and a bigger litterbox now, but that's pretty much all that is different.

smallcage1-1.jpg

smallcage2-1.jpg

Here's Ookpik and Newts cages:

cages2.jpg

Newt lives in the NIC pen and Ookpik in the wooden monstro-cage.

nwflr1.jpg

Ookpik has stick on tiles for her floor.

pen.jpg

Newt had a jute mat and an indoor/outdoor mat. But Ookpik ruined his jute mat by peeing on it.

STKI0044.jpg

Ookpik also has a loft she likes to hang out on.

Millie's 6ft hutch/run combo

hutchruncombo.jpg

It is on concrete, however we covered the floor of the run with a few inches of earth in order to prevent Millie from getting sore hocks, and so she can have fun digging without the risk of her escaping!;)

Enclosed portable grass run

newrun2.jpg

And puppy-pen run (picture taken while Ruby was still with us:()

rub.jpg

Pebbles and Bebe stay in their own extra large rabbit cages inour dining room, so they get people around them all the time.

87ci4ow.jpg

Pebbles doesn't need a top over the cage. She never jumps out. We do put the top on at night to keep her secure.

8b47hp3.jpg

We keep do keep Bebe's top on, as she loves to jump out.

6sgz1af.jpg

This is their basement run. They get 1-2 hours of separate run time. The two are not bonded so they can't share the run together.
Bebehas jumped over the four footpanels, so I have to watch her.

Our cage, with the floors finally finished (hardboard, covered inself-adhesive lino tiles, also cut to size):

018.jpg

This one shows the size a bit better, but was taken a month ago, before the permenant flooring was in:

125.jpg

You can see we've made a little table to the right to put they hay and litter on etc, as they kept trying to chew through the bags! :?

This is Rupert and Penelope's room. They have free run of it at all times, the cage doors are always open. This is an older picture...looking at their room right now, they seem to have accumulated a lot of stuff since then! :)

IMG_1387.jpg

White Chocolate's condo. She only gets closed in at night, during the day she has free run of my daughter's room, my son's room, the corridor and part of the kitchen. When no one is home during the day, she is limited to the 2 bedrooms.
10025887et.jpg

10025873uf.jpg

Hazel's sunny bedroom. Her cage is always open, she has the run of the dining room at night and when we're not at home. When we are, she has the other half of the house: dining rioom, living room, corridor, master bedroom.
1004207uw8.jpg

1004209vd4.jpg

1004176bl8.jpg

Outside they take turns (though it's mainly White Chocolate's... she likes it a lot better) in the screen tent, except in winter when we take it down.
1004337ge4.jpg

outsideplay2smuo1.jpg

This is where Mocha and Zoey are living while I am away. It's a 4' by 6' pen.

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

Here's Sasuke's indoor run.
SasukesPen.jpg

Zakura's hutch+run
P1010001-2.jpg

And Aroma's hutch+run
P1010004-1.jpg

The girl's runs are beside each other, but I had to put in a wall between them or they would try and attack each other trhough the fence:grumpy:
Also Aroma's cage is ironicaly smaller than Zakura, despite her being larger and more active, since on the other side of Aroma's pen, the hose pipe got in the way of me making the run larger.
The fences I bought as garden equipment, to keep compost in, lots of cheaper than buying puppy-fences, the only drawback is that I can't keep babies and youngsters in there, the fencing being too wide. But I hope to make an own run for young rabbits after the new cages are done:)

Here's Scone's cage. It's a 1 meter by ½ meter (39"x18") Macchioro cage, with a second story made of wire shelving from Home Depot.
sconecage4767.jpg

The second floor is an old table leaf covered with a terrycloth towel. Here's a detail on the construction of the second story:
cagedetail.jpg

Scone's basically free run, but he usually stays in the cage during the day if I'm not home.

Latest posts

Back