Your Bunny Story: How did you get your bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonshadow

Reaction score
I got my first rabbit when I was about six attending my first 4H rabbit club meeting. He was in a cage with a "free" sign in marker and I took him home that day with what they knew about him. He was a mix (they thought dwarf hotot) and the people that bred him used bunnies for other purposes than pets or pure breeding. He, in particular, had a nice disposition (in their opinion) so they had him neutered and gave him to 4H to find a good home.

That was Bandit. I had him for 7 years (he was 1 when I got him). I still remember calling my dad from the meeting and asking if I could take a bunny home. It was incredibly exciting! Even now I have fond memories of bringing him to county fairs and educating people on rabbits and taking him to nursing homes to be pet by residents (he sat quietly on their laps while they pet him). That was all done through my 4H club. He also taught our young cat Nikko how to interact with bunnies (even to this day with our new rabbit, she only view Minyeong as a friend). Sometime Bandit and our cat would play chase with each other, other times she'd sleep on a chair and he'd sleep right under it. It wasn't until this year that I got another rabbit and it has been over 10 years since Bandit passed.

For Minyeong (Min Min) our Netherland Dwarf, I did a lot of research and we got him from a breeder at 8 weeks. It was a shared decision between my brother and I, and my parents were fine with it. He is a bundle of joy and brings everyone's moods up, even customers when they come. We have a family woodworking business and he is the bunny greeter that runs around their feet when they come in. We look forward to many years ahead with him.

What are you and your bunnies stories? How did they enter into your lives?

I've said it before, but I love sharing it.

I started working from home for my company due to COVID-19 pandemic. My husband took notice to my declining mental health due to the high stress and I was just ending the open enrollment, dealing with a lot of angry people. My husband started going through YouTube and showing off adorable bunny flops and binkies. Then he began going through Craigslist listings for rabbits, showing off this adorable black half Holland lop, half Netherland Dwarf, originally named Rudolf. Finding that the adoption fee was pretty good for my range from a rabbit breeder, we got him not long after. We renamed him Tu Shen, or Tu'er Shen, the Chinese rabbit god, continuing my tradition of naming my pets after gods and goddesses. He was two months old at the time of adoption and he will be 1 year old soon. It was because of Shen, and adamantly researching full rabbit care and not just basic foods and living space, or the starter rabbit care guide from the breeder, I found this forum.

As for our lovely Xiao Wu, originally named Turtle Rabbit Kim at the animal shelter....
My husband and I were starting talks about getting a companion for Shen, feeling that my work from home status wasn't meant for much longer, meaning less time with him and his cuteness. My husband went to the shelter to look at rabbits after I was browsing the website. I saw one who looked like a much larger version of Shen named Major Marquis Warren. Clearly had the matching attitude with the name. But we understood why such an attitude was present. Older male, living in a concrete cage. I wanted him, but my husband knew the adoption had to be based on connection upon first meeting. Warren was a bit thumpy, another would lunge in anger. However, Miss Kim just sat there, relaxed, didn't do anything, and stared at my husband. That's when he knew she was the one to bring home. After getting her, renaming her Xiao Wu, and gave her time to adjust to her new home, we got ourselves the diva of the house. She will let you know when she wants attention, will do mini binkies when I bring in breakfast, and she's really smart. Too smart for our own good. 😂 She was about a month older than Shen, Shen being 4-5 months old at the time of Xiao Wu's adoption.

It has been a wonderful experience for us and they make my days at work all worth it. They help keep me going, because my goal is to fully rabbit proof EVERYTHING in my house and unleash the cuteness to the whole place. 🥰

I've said it before, but I love sharing it.

I started working from home for my company due to COVID-19 pandemic. My husband took notice to my declining mental health due to the high stress and I was just ending the open enrollment, dealing with a lot of angry people. My husband started going through YouTube and showing off adorable bunny flops and binkies. Then he began going through Craigslist listings for rabbits, showing off this adorable black half Holland lop, half Netherland Dwarf, originally named Rudolf. Finding that the adoption fee was pretty good for my range from a rabbit breeder, we got him not long after. We renamed him Tu Shen, or Tu'er Shen, the Chinese rabbit god, continuing my tradition of naming my pets after gods and goddesses. He was two months old at the time of adoption and he will be 1 year old soon. It was because of Shen, and adamantly researching full rabbit care and not just basic foods and living space, or the starter rabbit care guide from the breeder, I found this forum.

As for our lovely Xiao Wu, originally named Turtle Rabbit Kim at the animal shelter....
My husband and I were starting talks about getting a companion for Shen, feeling that my work from home status wasn't meant for much longer, meaning less time with him and his cuteness. My husband went to the shelter to look at rabbits after I was browsing the website. I saw one who looked like a much larger version of Shen named Major Marquis Warren. Clearly had the matching attitude with the name. But we understood why such an attitude was present. Older male, living in a concrete cage. I wanted him, but my husband knew the adoption had to be based on connection upon first meeting. Warren was a bit thumpy, another would lunge in anger. However, Miss Kim just sat there, relaxed, didn't do anything, and stared at my husband. That's when he knew she was the one to bring home. After getting her, renaming her Xiao Wu, and gave her time to adjust to her new home, we got ourselves the diva of the house. She will let you know when she wants attention, will do mini binkies when I bring in breakfast, and she's really smart. Too smart for our own good. 😂 She was about a month older than Shen, Shen being 4-5 months old at the time of Xiao Wu's adoption.

It has been a wonderful experience for us and they make my days at work all worth it. They help keep me going, because my goal is to fully rabbit proof EVERYTHING in my house and unleash the cuteness to the whole place. 🥰

Before we got Minyeong from the breeder, I actually looked up bunnies off Craigslist too. There was one we tried to get but it didn’t work out (the person responded once then never got back to me). That’s when I started looking up breeders.

Did you rename “Xiao Wu” based off of Douluo Dalu (Combat Continent) by any chance? Just curious since that was one of the first Chinese novels that took me in a tailspin of reading a bunch Asian novels on the Novel Updates directory.

I definitely know what you mean about the rabbit proofing the house.😅 We still find half-devoured pencils on the floor sometimes and Min Min still keeps getting on my dad’s desk and devouring papers. At least we know how he gets up and down, it’s safe, stuff piled like stairs (and when I mentioned moving the stuff so he can’t get up, my dad told me the bunny would find other ways to climb so we might as well leave it there...)

Did you rename “Xiao Wu” based off of Douluo Dalu (Combat Continent) by any chance? Just curious since that was one of the first Chinese novels that took me in a tailspin of reading a bunch Asian novels on the Novel Updates directory.
I see that you are a fellow Asian novel reader. I've been reading some Korean novels, been reading Douluo Dalu Manhwa, and watching the show that comes out ever Saturday. Yes. Because Xiao Wu's albino features reminded me of Manhwa Xiao Wu's rabbit form.
1631690097617.png
Adult Xiao Wu from the anime in the lastest episodes.

I see that you are a fellow Asian novel reader. I've been reading some Korean novels, been reading Douluo Dalu Manhwa, and watching the show that comes out ever Saturday. Yes. Because Xiao Wu's albino features reminded me of Manhwa Xiao Wu's rabbit form.
View attachment 57573
Adult Xiao Wu from the anime in the lastest episodes.
Looks like I’ll have to watch the animation and catch up on the manhua then! If you have any recommendations, you could start a ‘conversation’ with me (I think those are private) or I’ll start one with you if I think of some you might like!

For a year I did research on angora rabbit care and breeding so that I could get money from selling fur and kits, but when we got 2 horses when I thought we were only going to get one I knew I wouldn’t have time to brush them daily. I still wanted a rabbit though so I started doing research on other rabbit breeds. I fell in love with the Holland Lop breed. When I had bought everything I needed and saved up some emergency money I found a breeder with some Holland kits for sale. They were only a month old when I went to meet them. After holding two of the kits I fell in love with the calmer of the two. While I waited for him to be old enough to go and pick him up I thought about a name, and finally decided on Dune right before we went to get him. I’ll attach a picture of one month old him.

My newest rabbit Bullet was much less planned. We were picking up my sister from camp, and went to look at the rabbits for sale. All I did was point out to my Mom that one was a blue otter. Then she said she would be okay with getting him! Found out he was a Holland Lop/Netherland Dwarf mix which only made it better. After about two weeks I finally decided on the name Bullet.

Attachments

• E1B4EAAD-ECF5-4084-A2A4-E71E4F59D866.jpeg
    E1B4EAAD-ECF5-4084-A2A4-E71E4F59D866.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 6
For a year I did research on angora rabbit care and breeding so that I could get money from selling fur and kits, but when we got 2 horses when I thought we were only going to get one I knew I wouldn’t have time to brush them daily. I still wanted a rabbit though so I started doing research on other rabbit breeds. I fell in love with the Holland Lop breed. When I had bought everything I needed and saved up some emergency money I found a breeder with some Holland kits for sale. They were only a month old when I went to meet them. After holding two of the kits I fell in love with the calmer of the two. While I waited for him to be old enough to go and pick him up I thought about a name, and finally decided on Dune right before we went to get him. I’ll attach a picture of one month old him.

My newest rabbit Bullet was much less planned. We were picking up my sister from camp, and went to look at the rabbits for sale. All I did was point out to my Mom that one was a blue otter. Then she said she would be okay with getting him! Found out he was a Holland Lop/Netherland Dwarf mix which only made it better. After about two weeks I finally decided on the name Bullet.
It’s really awesome how you got your bunnies! Are there any definable differences between Dune your holland lop verses Bullet your Holland Lop/Netherlands Dwarf mix? Just curious about size difference, ears up or down, etc. since I’ve never had a Holland lop.

My dwarf mix Bandit actually had much smaller ears and haunches than my current Netherland dwarf I got from the breeder which was interesting.

So far Bullet is smaller, but he is also younger. Dune is 11 months old and Bullet is only 4 months old. Bullet’s ears either have none, one or both up. Bullet’s ears are definitely smaller than Dune’s.

Attachments

• 7BB917CD-F309-4378-9003-30B3D82B57C4.jpeg
    7BB917CD-F309-4378-9003-30B3D82B57C4.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 49BD50DC-7156-43DB-BFDB-8D8BB4E68247.jpeg
    49BD50DC-7156-43DB-BFDB-8D8BB4E68247.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 0
It’s really awesome how you got your bunnies! Are there any definable differences between Dune your holland lop verses Bullet your Holland Lop/Netherlands Dwarf mix? Just curious about size difference, ears up or down, etc. since I’ve never had a Holland lop.

My dwarf mix Bandit actually had much smaller ears and haunches than my current Netherland dwarf I got from the breeder which was interesting.
Bullet is definitely smaller, but he is also much younger. Dune is 11 months old, but Bullet is only 4 months old. Bullet just picks which ears are up or down, sometimes both are up sometimes one or none. Bullet’s ears are definitely smaller than Dune’s

I attached some recent photos for reference.

Attachments

• 81BA5765-3515-4D1D-B613-C4F725EC2E73.jpeg
    81BA5765-3515-4D1D-B613-C4F725EC2E73.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 689FCC36-8876-4BD2-9E32-D6B14273F0EF.jpeg
    689FCC36-8876-4BD2-9E32-D6B14273F0EF.jpeg
    165.6 KB · Views: 0
I got my first rabbit when I was about six attending my first 4H rabbit club meeting. He was in a cage with a "free" sign in marker and I took him home that day with what they knew about him. He was a mix (they thought dwarf hotot) and the people that bred him used bunnies for other purposes than pets or pure breeding. He, in particular, had a nice disposition (in their opinion) so they had him neutered and gave him to 4H to find a good home.

That was Bandit. I had him for 7 years (he was 1 when I got him). I still remember calling my dad from the meeting and asking if I could take a bunny home. It was incredibly exciting! Even now I have fond memories of bringing him to county fairs and educating people on rabbits and taking him to nursing homes to be pet by residents (he sat quietly on their laps while they pet him). That was all done through my 4H club. He also taught our young cat Nikko how to interact with bunnies (even to this day with our new rabbit, she only view Minyeong as a friend). Sometime Bandit and our cat would play chase with each other, other times she'd sleep on a chair and he'd sleep right under it. It wasn't until this year that I got another rabbit and it has been over 10 years since Bandit passed.

For Minyeong (Min Min) our Netherland Dwarf, I did a lot of research and we got him from a breeder at 8 weeks. It was a shared decision between my brother and I, and my parents were fine with it. He is a bundle of joy and brings everyone's moods up, even customers when they come. We have a family woodworking business and he is the bunny greeter that runs around their feet when they come in. We look forward to many years ahead with him.

What are you and your bunnies stories? How did they enter into your lives?
Bandit (My bandit, lol) is a big part of my life. He's cuddly and adorable. He loves me when times are hard. He wakes me up at 3am by jumping on my bed.
I got him about 2 years ago. We were planning to get a rabbit, but we were in 4H. I knew that people kept buns as house rabbits, and I really wanted to do that.
We went over to a friends house. She was in 4H as well, and she had some baby buns she was selling. The buns were in a dirty, outdoor environment, and the cages were cramped and wire-floored. The bunnies had long nails/teeth, and sore hocks.
We ended up knowing people who wanted house rabbits. They were very nice families, who knew what to do.
We also ended up taking all of the bunnies.
The four babies.
Hazel, the mom.
Oliver North, her brother.
Bandit, Hazel's husbun.
We got home and set them up in MUCH bigger cages, with plastic floors. We gave them blankets and towels and treats. We gave them toys, and the babies shredded them. It was a cute scenario. We also checked some into the vet about tooth problems.
The families came by. One by one, babies were adopted. Sometimes in pairs.
(Hazel also happened to be prego when we got her. We soon had ten more babies- but don't worry, they found loving homes quickly.)
Everyone found a loving home. Our good friends took a baby bun, too! <3
The babies have since grown up to be beautiful bunnies. We get pictures all the time from friends.
Some were renamed, but I would recognize them.
Blackberry became Natasha.
Fleck became Oreo.
Biscuit (She had head tilt, but it got better.) became Angel.
We always saw them when we came to visit. They were friendly and cute, and big. Some had kids of their own.
But in the end, everyone was living at a friend's house.
Everyone but the one who stayed with us.
Who stole our heart.
Bandit.

EDIT: we also recently got a new bun!! we are currently bonding her with Bandit and it is going very well. They are both fixed. Her name is Havyn, and she's a sweetheart. She's also B's granddaughter!

Bullet is definitely smaller, but he is also much younger. Dune is 11 months old, but Bullet is only 4 months old. Bullet just picks which ears are up or down, sometimes both are up sometimes one or none. Bullet’s ears are definitely smaller than Dune’s

I attached some recent photos for reference.
Wow, that’s really cool. Sounds like Bullet makes full use of his ears😂

Bandit (My bandit, lol) is a big part of my life. He's cuddly and adorable. He loves me when times are hard. He wakes me up at 3am by jumping on my bed.
I got him about 2 years ago. We were planning to get a rabbit, but we were in 4H. I knew that people kept buns as house rabbits, and I really wanted to do that.
We went over to a friends house. She was in 4H as well, and she had some baby buns she was selling. The buns were in a dirty, outdoor environment, and the cages were cramped and wire-floored. The bunnies had long nails/teeth, and sore hocks.
We ended up knowing people who wanted house rabbits. They were very nice families, who knew what to do.
We also ended up taking all of the bunnies.
The four babies.
Hazel, the mom.
Oliver North, her brother.
Bandit, Hazel's husbun.
We got home and set them up in MUCH bigger cages, with plastic floors. We gave them blankets and towels and treats. We gave them toys, and the babies shredded them. It was a cute scenario. We also checked some into the vet about tooth problems.
The families came by. One by one, babies were adopted. Sometimes in pairs.
(Hazel also happened to be prego when we got her. We soon had ten more babies- but don't worry, they found loving homes quickly.)
Everyone found a loving home. Our good friends took a baby bun, too! <3
The babies have since grown up to be beautiful bunnies. We get pictures all the time from friends.
Some were renamed, but I would recognize them.
Blackberry became Natasha.
Fleck became Oreo.
Biscuit (She had head tilt, but it got better.) became Angel.
We always saw them when we came to visit. They were friendly and cute, and big. Some had kids of their own.
But in the end, everyone was living at a friend's house.
Everyone but the one who stayed with us.
Who stole our heart.
Bandit.

EDIT: we also recently got a new bun!! we are currently bonding her with Bandit and it is going very well. They are both fixed. Her name is Havyn, and she's a sweetheart. She's also B's granddaughter!
It’s awesome that you were able to rescue those bunnies, raise them, and give them loving home! I love the fact the families adopting your bunnies give photo updates. I’m sure Bandit will be very happy having a bondmate granddaughter. I wonder what mischief those two will get into with each other.

“Bandits” always seem to be stealing people’s hearts I guess🤣.

I was activated with the National Guard for Hurricane Florence. My girlfriend at the time brought home a little bunny from who knows where. She says it was caught in the back yard, but I believe it was a flea market buy. Regardless, we named her Florence, for obvious reasons.

Fast forward a few months. Girlfriend wrecks my car while on heroin. The she steals the rental and wrecks it, and goes to jail for DUI. I took all her stuff over to her mom's and kicked her out of the house. All of her stuff except this little bunny. She wanted the rabbit back, but I refused, and my lawyer and I went to the sheriff's office to file for a protection order, and am greeted with:

Police: "Did you say a rabbit?"

Me: "Yes, Ma'am."

P: "I believe she just called trying to get you arrested for not giving up the rabbit. We told her that pets are [fungible] property and she'd have to sue you."

M: "Well, can I get a protection order? [I explain the story]"

P: "You live here in South Carolina, right?"

M: "Yes, ma'am..."

P: "If she comes on your property, shoot her. You don't need an order..."

M: "Understood. Thanks for your time."

Lawyer: "You heard her... and she'll never win against you in court..."

I had no idea what to do, but vowed to protect this little white bunny. I took her to the vet. After her appointment, she was declared perfectly healthy, minus one thing: she was a boy. While checking out, the receptionist asked if I'd decided on a new name. I said no. She said, they had to put SOMEthing on the file... what about Lawrence? It rhymed with Florence.

Two years later, Sir Lawrence is my best friend.

A year or so later, I decided Lawrence could use some company, and I had been seeing this little black bunny named Kanga at my local rescue who was excited and loud and would shake his ball whenever someone walked by. Very vocal for a rabbit... I took Lawrence for some bunny dates, and much to my approval, he and Kanga got along great! They were both fixed boys, but it seemed to be working!

I thought it over, and went back to ask about Kanga. He had been adopted! I was sort of let down, and none of the other bunnies took to Lawrence, so I decided to wait on any newcomers. I went back about a month later, and saw a little black bunny that reminded me of Kanga. The owner told me it was him, as the adopter had returned him due to "bad behavior". She told me that Kanga had been rescued in the wild by one of her friends, who returned him to his family. About a week later, she caught him again, and this time the family admitted to dumping him outside. Twice. So she brought him to the shelter. Where he was adopted and returned. I knew it was meant to be so I took him home. I also learned that his name had been changed in the shelter form Lucas to Kanga, so I returned him his name. (The rescue owner couldn't bear having a Lucas around, as she had had a beloved pet by that name)

Lucas and Lawrence never did end up bonding, but they share a room in my house. I love them both dearly, and they are both in their forever home, bonded or not.

Over my dead body.

This story is hard for me to tell, but I'm glad I did. I wish ANY of it was even a little embellished. In fact, I may have down-played it a little for brevity.

I don't generally believe in violence, but I do believe in protecting those who cannot protect themselves. These two bunnies have changed my life.

I was activated with the National Guard for Hurricane Florence. My girlfriend at the time brought home a little bunny from who knows where. She says it was caught in the back yard, but I believe it was a flea market buy. Regardless, we named her Florence, for obvious reasons.

Fast forward a few months. Girlfriend wrecks my car while on heroin. The she steals the rental and wrecks it, and goes to jail for DUI. I took all her stuff over to her mom's and kicked her out of the house. All of her stuff except this little bunny. She wanted the rabbit back, but I refused, and my lawyer and I went to the sheriff's office to file for a protection order, and am greeted with:

P: "I believe she just called trying to get you arrested for not giving up the rabbit. We told her that pets are [fungible] property and she'd have to sue you."

I had no idea what to do, but vowed to protect this little white bunny. I took her to the vet. After her appointment, she was declared perfectly healthy, minus one thing: she was a boy. While checking out, the receptionist asked if I'd decided on a new name. I said no. She said, they had to put SOMEthing on the file... what about Lawrence? It rhymed with Florence.

A year or so later, I decided Lawrence could use some company, and I had been seeing this little black bunny named Kanga at my local rescue who was excited and loud and would shake his ball whenever someone walked by. Very vocal for a rabbit... I took Lawrence for some bunny dates, and much to my approval, he and Kanga got along great! They were both fixed boys, but it seemed to be working!

I thought it over, and went back to ask about Kanga. He had been adopted! I was sort of let down, and none of the other bunnies took to Lawrence, so I decided to wait on any newcomers. I went back about a month later, and saw a little black bunny that reminded me of Kanga. The owner told me it was him, as the adopter had returned him due to "bad behavior". She told me that Kanga had been rescued in the wild by one of her friends, who returned him to his family. About a week later, she caught him again, and this time the family admitted to dumping him outside. Twice. So she brought him to the shelter. Where he was adopted and returned. I knew it was meant to be so I took him home. I also learned that his name had been changed in the shelter form Lucas to Kanga, so I returned him his name. (The rescue owner couldn't bear having a Lucas around, as she had had a beloved pet by that name)

Lucas and Lawrence never did end up bonding, but they share a room in my house. I love them both dearly, and they are both in their forever home, bonded or not.

Over my dead body.

This story is hard for me to tell, but I'm glad I did. I wish ANY of it was even a little embellished. In fact, I may have down-played it a little for brevity.

I don't generally believe in violence, but I do believe in protecting those who cannot protect themselves. These two bunnies have changed my life.
Well I say it's a beautiful story and they found the human who will love and protect them to the very end.

Over my dead body.

I’m extremely glad you were able to tell this story! Those two bunnies did need protection and a home and you are their family. Without you they both would be in vastly different situations and those situations probably wouldn’t be good.

In this case, the ‘stand your ground law’ in SC does work in your favor for protection, hopefully it’ll never come to that. I am so glad your ex girlfriend didn’t get Sir Lawrence back and she is out of your lives. And it definitely seems like Lucas was fated to be a part of your lives (even unbonded) since you saw him for a second time at the shelter and we’re able to bring him home. It’s awful that his first family abandoned him in the woods twice.

It’s terrific that these two bunnies found a loving forever home and they are fulfilling a part of your life too! Thank you so much for sharing!!

A lady dropped a bunny off at my nieces home. (Knowing that she will take unwanted pets).
The lady had bunny for 1 yr.
My niece had bunny for 2 yrs.
When I babysat her pets, I would pet the bunny.
One day I said, "Can I take Cinnabun home?"
She said, "Yes."
Actually, my niece said, bun was a boy. But after a vet appointment, found out he is a she.
She likes licking my hands.
This my first bunny. And love having her.
20210419_111254.jpg20210908_211831.jpg

A cat and a cottontail got me started on rabbits. Our cat caught and injured a tiny cottontail in our yard; it was hardly bigger than my thumb. When I picked it up it let out a terrified scream that reached to the depths of my being. Heartrending. :-(

We rehabilitated the little rascal, named it Angel and it thrived. When we released it into the wild where it belonged, I was devastated.

I knew then we needed to fill the void. We adopted a rescued pair of domestics--cottontail color, just what I wanted--and our lives have been better ever since.

We now have six house rabbits and we love them dearly. We have each other. Forever. :)

A lady dropped a bunny off at my nieces home. (Knowing that she will take unwanted pets).
The lady had bunny for 1 yr.
My niece had bunny for 2 yrs.
When I babysat her pets, I would pet the bunny.
One day I said, "Can I take Cinnabun home?"
She said, "Yes."
Actually, my niece said, bun was a boy. But after a vet appointment, found out he is a she.
She likes licking my hands.
This my first bunny. And love having her.
View attachment 57606View attachment 57607

Bunny licks are definitely the best because they are soft, moist, but not wet and dry immediately! Cinnabun must definitely love you! It’s great that your niece let you have her.

I love the photo. Cinnabun looks very determined to do her work properly and groom your hand completely!

A cat and a cottontail got me started on rabbits. Our cat caught and injured a tiny cottontail in our yard; it was hardly bigger than my thumb. When I picked it up it let out a terrified scream that reached to the depths of my being. Heartrending. :-(

We rehabilitated the little rascal, named it Angel and it thrived. When we released it into the wild where it belonged, I was devastated.

I knew then we needed to fill the void. We adopted a rescued pair of domestics--cottontail color, just what I wanted--and our lives have been better ever since.

We now have six house rabbits and we love them dearly. We have each other. Forever. :)
It’s amazing that you were able to raise and release a cottontail! Has it ever come back for visits?

Your bunnies are beautiful color. It’s really cool that you have managed to take in six bunnies. My one bunny gets into so much mischief so six must be a real adventure.😝

We had lost our first bun, he had an aneurysm after going under anesthesia for his neuter. We were devastated and our house felt so empty. I started searching for another and it was so hard to find a rabbit! I found him in a FB group. I drove 6+ hours to get him in a snowstorm, hence his name Snowflake. Pic from the moment we picked him up and some others of him living his best life as a house bun!

Attachments

• A629E9DE-085F-4C64-9DE7-F76713ED1193.jpeg
    A629E9DE-085F-4C64-9DE7-F76713ED1193.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 5
  • F26420EA-8F41-492A-A577-DD2FF9CE431A.jpeg
    F26420EA-8F41-492A-A577-DD2FF9CE431A.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 6
  • E67C1EE2-075D-4F9D-9CA7-166D84D6EBB2.jpeg
    E67C1EE2-075D-4F9D-9CA7-166D84D6EBB2.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back