YOUR 2012 CAGES THAT YOU'VE MADE!!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what we just made a couple days ago for our bun. This was just the first stage before getting everything more secure.

16994_202153_180000000.jpg

This is more what it looks like now though things are moved around a bit:

16994_202153_210000001.jpg

Right now we're just using an old towel for the floor so she doesn't chew the carpet. We have to find something to line the shelf with as she slides on the cardboard. It takes up half of the available space in the living room because it wouldn't fit in the room her old cage was in. I think she enjoys being able to stand up all the way and have somewhere to jump. The wood pieces are just 1x1 pieces we found at a couple different stores and provide great stability for the cage.

funnybunnymummy wrote:
382799_10150902564890506_779545505_21336412_724238961_n.jpg

Gus's setup at our new house. We added a third level. He loves it. :)

Rue

I know this is an older post and I saw someone else asked about your cage but I didn't see the answer...? Unless I missed it..... but I would love to know what you used for the floor and shelves. I love this cage! I'm currently getting ready build Agnes a new NIC cage so any helpmwould be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Thanks Melissa I have googled it and have been reading on here a lot too I guess I just seemed overwhelmed. I found a cage that I can buy. I'm gonna post a thread about it to get more advice.

I felt the same way as you did. I even tried several different times, but I just didn't like them lol so I went and bought them a huge pen. They love it.

Oh you even tried Melissa and it didn't work out for you?? UHg, that makes me think I should just buy the one I like then.......

Decisions decisions! If only our buns knew how much we put into making them happy ;)

After Ozzy's last escape from his cage I decided it was time to get the rest of the material and finish the cage him and Dandy will share. At the moment it is One bun in, One bun out.

P6040151.jpg

Here Ozzy is in for the night, the first one to check out the new Bunny house. He loved it so much he was running up and down the levels and doing mini kicks.

P6040155.jpg

The whole cage cost under $60 when I was done, I posted an add on Craigslist and a local classified page for NiC grids with a picture to show what they were. The wood at Lowes was $21, the peel and stick tile was $.30 cents each and I only needed 24 (though I don't care for the tile, I'm going to put Coroplast over it.) The small 2"x1"x8' rods where $.98 cents each so I got two. Lowes cut the wood to the measurements for free. The zip ties, I went through at least 300, wal-mart sold them the cheapest. The clips I'm using to lock the door and lid I already had hehe.

x4orjk.jpg

Here's my current cage. Door is open 15 hours per day. I made it using an old kitchen oven cabinet. The doors are from closet shelving.

Below is a past NICcage.

1691eeu.jpg

fantaysah wrote:
How do I post my pic???
Some post pics through the Gallery. I go through Photobucket. Create a free account, upload the pic from your source and copy and paste the IMG. Also others use Tinypic. I believe. Free as well, same way to post pics.

Hope this helps.

K:)

patches2593 wrote:
for the first cage. i was inspired by you to make my cage like that but its not working out too good!!! and he's totally just destroying. anything else i could use other than linolium that is waterproof so if say he were to go to the b-room outside his litter box or if water leaks from his bottle???
have you tried coroplast (sheets of corrugated plastic)? I just found out you can buy it at home depot (and their prices for it are really good, too)!

(heh, sorry, didn't see the "no comments please" thing 'cause I followed a link to get to this thread ><... seems I can't delete the post)

2rqh6jk.jpg

This is pikachu's cage.
There's a few things i need to add, ill be replacing the cardboard floor with plywood adding tiles.
All levels will have carpet.

(ugh cant wait till payday)
Im going for a "retro" NIC style cage, tiles will be checkered, and all toys/accessories will be pink :)
All the extra colors in here will be changed, cant wait till its complete

Here is mine.
2012-10-10_20-04-20_162.jpg

It is a 2x3.5x2 NIC cage. It has a 1x3.5 grid shelf in there. There are 2 litter boxes for now. I ordered a new hay rack for them today. I am hoping to redo it soon so it will be 2x3.5x3 (WxLxH) but need ideas for that.

EDIT: sorry for the blury pick. It was taken on my phone which normally takes really good pictures.

Latest posts

Back