Youngs kits scratching excessively?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackdutch

Reaction score
My babies are scratching more than they should.I'm new to rabbits and all, but my grandfather has had them for a longtime and he's never had Dutch that scratched that much. I couldn't findany bugs or anything on them or in the nest. They also nibble oneachother - another thing he says he's never had happen.

So, what is going on? Is this normal behavior?

(I wasn't sure if this went in Infirmary or Rabbitry, so I put it here for now. Mods can move it if they want.)

A mite infestation could be possible.You might want to take a closer look for signs of missing fur andexcessive skin flaking. If you have access to a microscope,you can look for mites in the skin scrapings or clinging to fur shafts.

Also - it's "saw" dust - dust (shavings) from when the saw cuts the wood. :)

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Amite infestation could be possible. You might want to take acloser look for signs of missing fur and excessive skinflaking. If you have access to a microscope, you can look formites in the skin scrapings or clinging to fur shafts.

Also - it's "saw" dust - dust (shavings) from when the saw cuts the wood. :)

Pam

If they have a mite infestation, what procedures should be taken to get rid of it?

Now that I think about it, I know saw dust is spelled like that. .but Iwasn't really thinking. If I would think more about my posts, Iwouldn't sound so idiotical.

:baghead

:imstupid

Latest posts

Back