Young Bunny Won’t Leave Play Pen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finnsmom

Reaction score
I have a 13 week old Havana rabbit mix (i was told he’s mixed with netherland dwarf but there’s just no way). He’s a free roam bunny in my fairly large bedroom. I have a large play pen for him that houses his food, some toys, litter box, and hidey house. The play pen is always open unless i’m asleep. He used to come and explore the room every night but lately he refuses to leave the play pen. He only plays in there even when his toys are outside of it. Is there any way to encourage my bub to come out? I’ve tried bribing with treats but he doesn’t seem to care.

Attachments

• BC22ECE5-904A-4308-8F72-4FE8FACA4DB5.jpeg
    BC22ECE5-904A-4308-8F72-4FE8FACA4DB5.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 11
If his pen is large enough there's no need to worry. He will come out when (or if) he's ready. As long as you are providing him the opportunity -- which you are by leaving it open for so long -- then he'll do as he pleases.

Hormones may also affect his behavior. It's possible that may be starting as well.

If his pen is large enough there's no need to worry. He will come out when (or if) he's ready. As long as you are providing him the opportunity -- which you are by leaving it open for so long -- then he'll do as he pleases.

Hormones may also affect his behavior. It's possible that may be starting as well.
Thank you! I was worried he was starting to hate me. I’m hoping getting him neutered in the next month or so will help.

Latest posts

Back