You wont believe this but Grace is in the hospital now!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sayuri

Reaction score
I cant believe after everything that has happened this week with Louis Grace is now in the hospital
icon_cry.gif

I am not too worried about her (but it is always a worry), she is being kept in over night for observation and pain relief but the vet doesnt think that she has done anything serious and says she is a lucky bunny.

I was holding her and Grace doesnt like to be held and she got it on to and basically flipped out of my hands and landed on the coffee table ontop of the fruit bowl. Glasses went everywhere and were broken and she was in a total panic. I always try and get a good grip on her but she is VERY hard to hold when she puts her mind to it and she is really strong. All I was doing was lifting her down onto the floor.

I immediatly checked her for cuts of anything obviously wrong, I cuddled her to calm her and keep her still and then put her in her cage so she couldnt move around too much while I checked I had all the peices of glass and called the vets, who said to take her straight in.

The vet checked her back teeth while she was examining her and her back teeth need sorting out because she thinks she can see spurs and they are too long so she is going to talk to th day staff about whether they can do that for her tomorrow before she comes home.

At the moment Grace is in the best place.

I am supposed to be going away tomorrow night for a day and I am waiting to speak to the vet tomorrow to see if I should go or not. Grace and Louis are going to be cared for by a rabbit expert so I know if they are left behind they are in VERY capable hands but I still have to consider the possibility of not going

It was heart breaking leaving her behind, especially as she started to panic as she saw me begin to leave :(:(:(:(:(:(

Here she is just before her fall -- she wasnt wearing the dress when I picked her up she was only in it for the photograph

HPIM0683.jpg

At the moment I just feel like the worse bunny mum in the world, after both of them have ended up in the hospital in the same week - maybe I should talk to my boyfriend about having them till Christmas - its just with him they wouldnt get out for long every day

BunBun did the exact same thing to me, several times. I thought I'd have a good grip on him, then he'd suddenly either run over my shoulder and leap off my back to the floor, or just jump right out of my arms and fall to the ground. Made me very nervous about picking him up sometimes.

Don't feel like it was something you did on purpose and feel guilty about it, bunnies are very powerful strugglers and it's so hard to hold a bunny that doesn't want to be held.

By the way, I LOVE that picture!

Yep, what everyone else has said. Firstly, don't feel like a bad bun mom, these things happen. Like I've mentioned before.;) Secondly, they are powerful, those hind legs:shock:. Which is why I think my hubby will not pick up Snuff. He's seen me struggle to hang on to him when we first got him. I manage to hold him like in two different areas with my arms, myright arm up higher so he can't jump off, and my left arm around his middle. This works well for me. Just an idea, or a trick I should say:p.

Keep us posted on how it's going and when the procedure will be for the spurs.:hug:

I LOVE THAT PIC OF GRACE!

Thanks Chelle and Crys!!

I know if you two have had the same trouble then I cant be completely imcompitant.

Glad you like the photo - I will take some pics of her as Tinkerbell when she is feeling better - there are more photos and I will add them to Louis and Graces bunny blog later.

I just rang the vets and the nurse said Grace has settled in and been given a painkiller and has eaten a bit of dandilion but not a lot but refuses to eat rabbit food - which I did explain to her about her picky eating and so she is going to siringe feed her in a bit to see if that gets her going. They dont seem to stressed about her at the moment so I think she is absolutly fine and hopefully this will teach her a lesson about being a madam

You poor thing and that poor girl!

What a week!

I hope she's home all safe and sound soon.

That picture is precious!

I didn't think of this earlier, but has she always been a picky eater or did this start not too long ago? Reason I ask is because if it's a newer thing, the spurs that she has could have been the problem all along;).

Aww...Gracie's so precious in that little costume...

I'll be praying for her...

And don't feel bad...bunnies are the most slippery little furry animal I've had the fun in picking up! It's one of the reasons it took so long for me to master picking them up at all! LOL!!

Don't beat yourself up, Hun...accidents happen, it's a fact of life. No one thinks you're a bad bunny mom...we all know you do everything you can...:)

Hugs to you! :hug:

Rosie*

Thanks Rosie!

I have had Grace since March, I think :? I was looking back the other day at my posts here when I first got her - I think I joined RO the same day. - Ive been on a steep learning curve since then

Yeah, but a steep one is easier than a not-steep one. I mean, I've never really had any troubles with my buns...I'm only just now fully getting the guts to do their nails and grooming, hehe! Better to learn the way you are, I say! :)

You're doing wonderfully, Hun...and we're all here if you need us. Let me know if you need a friend, and are on any Messenger type things, ok? Oh, and also facebook and MySpace...we're on both. :D

Aww I hope everything goes ok! :)

And don't think of yourself has a bad mum, you didn't purposely do it. (hugs):hug2:

btw, she's a real cutie :p

aww poor grace! poor you too! it always freaks me out when shadow randomly starts flipping out when i am holding her. she has jumped over my and my brothers sholders at least once and it always scares me.

hope everything goes ok:bunnyhug:

Latest posts

Back